• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone using mail forwarder company to get stuff from US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mab74

Dec 10, 2013
Tokyo - Japan
Hi everybody,

I just joined the forum. I could see that some of you are getting juices from US.
Many online shops do not deliver outside of US. Therefore I was wondering if anyone was using mail forwarder companies (like Shipito - MyUS or others)?
If so, what would you recommend to use as mail forwarder get deliver in Japan?

Thank's in advance.

Mab74

Dec 10, 2013
Tokyo - Japan
certain shops like PVliquids (NLV) wont ship to me, so i use a service called ShipItAPO.

How reliable is this forwarder? And is it costly?

I don't use a ship forwarder, sound costly. I will only shop at shops that deliver direct. If they don't deliver direct I send them an email to say they lost a sale. I don't mind a shipping fee but I don't want to go through a 3rd party unless it is family.

It is the reason why I am still hesitating about this option. Therefore I posted this thread to take benefit of anyone's experience if any.
In respect of costs I do not think it would be more expensive, considering that many shops deliver within US for free if reaching x dollars of purchases.

I gotta buddy back in the US that forwards me all my alienvisions juice ( i gotta have my bobas & gorilla) and wtvr else I need. I might be able to hook you two up and you could work out a thing or two. Or we could do a bulk order and split the shipping.

So far, I am not running out of juices. In addition, I started to "DIY". Thank's for the offer!
Just wanted to get feedback about this "mail forwarder" possibility.

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
I understand. But here's a big question that I could never get answered.
If customs rejects for some reason, would a forwarder return it to the vendor so that you can get a proper refund? At what costs? And in a timely manner so you can get your refund?
The shops that deliver direct will get the packages back if it is returned by customs and generally will issue you a credit so you can try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread