Anyone rebuild used eroll atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerWilco357

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
USA
My wife has about 100 of these atomizers , already spent and I would love to rebuild the coils and maybe use the wire mesh I have seen on the video you tube has up..Has anyone tried rebuilding these Eroll atomizers? If so I would love to hear from you and any links on how to rebuild the coils would be appreciated.
Thanks for any intel
Roger

RogerWilco357

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
USA
yeah I have seen the clean and re-wick using the ss mesh which looks great. But I feel like a challenge and want to try to rebuild the coil itself I think I have seen this video before but cannot find it lol...I have so many of these atomizers that I could make say 30 coils and just go to work and see how many work and for how long ..This will dictate the fate of the remaining 50 atomizers..at 5 bucks a piece its worth rebuilding them since the wire and cotton or 1m kanthal is pennies in comparison to re-purchasing...

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Wow, I can barely imagine trying to manually wind a coil about a millimeter in diameter ... :shock:

They must have fixtures or machines for doing this at the factory. But anything can be done if you're determined, and it might be an opportunity to improve performance ...

As best I can tell, it looks like the electrical contacts are made through the ends of the coil bobbin, but there is a feature under the coil that I can't see clearly ... :confused:

Of the 25 atomizers I've purchased, all but one are still working after a year, and that one was destroyed by me in one of my early re-wicking attempts ...

With care, the barrel and spike could last indefinitely, and I don't know how long the stainless steel wicks last, I'm still recycling all of them. I squeeze the barrel to make it just slightly elliptical when the press fit starts weaken ...

RogerWilco, if you can successfully rewind a Type A coil, and perhaps get a better vape, I would salute you and hope for a video to learn your technique ... :thumbs: :D

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
If you figure it out, post it here, I'd love to see it. For me, it's not worth the time, but I'd be curious to see how it's done. I've only ever popped one coil, so for me they really don't need replacing. I have about 12 attys that have kept me going since April 2013.

curious, what kind o juice do you vape and what is the PG/VG ratio? I think these atties can last a long time, but I think dependent on what juice you are using. :)

rj134

Jan 6, 2014
Cologne
Wow, I can barely imagine trying to manually wind a coil about a millimeter in diameter ... :shock:

Making the coil is easy. It's just a standard 1mm "nano" coil.

Removing the old coil is pretty much impossible without snapping the leads and in consequence blocking the lead holes, though. Tried it on three heads, snapped the leads on all of them no matter how careful I went about it.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I have good luck with Mr. E juices. They aren't the best I've tasted, but they tend to work great with the eRoll. Blend is "proprietary," I haven't bothered to find out. I'm guessing 70/30 Pg.

His proprietary is 33% VG. That extra 3% really does make a huge difference but doesn't seem to affect the life of my attys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread