Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Used to be a one pack year smoker (4 years) and been vaping for almost a year now.

I do smoke analogs socially. The frequency is probably like 3-5 sticks fortnightly or even monthly.

I used to vape about 3ml a day but in recent weeks, I feel sick in the stomach every time I vape (for a couple of minutes).

Anyone knows whats up with me?

You need to lower your nic. I did it around my anniversary too.

thedigger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2012
Dunkirk, OH
Don't have the stomach problems, but there are times my pv makes me cough worse than the smokes did. What's up with that? Please don't say nic level, coz I've tried lower levels and they have little taste in my opinion. This doesn't happen very often though. Could it be I need to keep more water with me?

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Don't have the stomach problems, but there are times my pv makes me cough worse than the smokes did. What's up with that? Please don't say nic level, coz I've tried lower levels and they have little taste in my opinion. This doesn't happen very often though. Could it be I need to keep more water with me?

How do you inhale? Direct to lungs, or into mouth, then into lungs?

macgyverfc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
Narrows, VA
Personally, all the nic does for me is punch me harder in the throat. I'm at 12 mg and am happy where I am at. If lowering the nic is causing flavor loss, maybe try a lower resistance device, or, a variable voltage device. Once I got into VV, I figured out how to get that really hard throat hit without upping the nic content. Not only that, but some of my juices really pop with flavor when I get up there on the wattage.

I also agree that you may need to lower your nic if you start to feel sick. Typically, your heart rate will go up pretty high right before you get that sick feeling. Listen to your body and it will tell you that it's had enough nicotine.

mogium

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
St pete florida
are you vaping PG or VG? Some people have a reaction to PG its nothing serious but it can make it hard to breath and make you feel sick when vaping too much.
To thedigger you might be getting dry hits Which would be causing the coughing. It could also be your body trying to remove the rest of the chemicals from smoking cigarettes or bronchitis which I have heard some people get when they quit smoking

pantss

Oct 29, 2011
Singapore
are you vaping PG or VG? Some people have a reaction to PG its nothing serious but it can make it hard to breath and make you feel sick when vaping too much.
To thedigger you might be getting dry hits Which would be causing the coughing. It could also be your body trying to remove the rest of the chemicals from smoking cigarettes or bronchitis which I have heard some people get when they quit smoking

I've been on 75/25 since ive begun. Really weird.. I dont think its a reaction to PG though

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Pantss, I agree with everyone who said try lowering your nic. Many of us have experienced a reduced tolerance for nic after a time. I've had to lower the nic concentration several times over the past couple of years.

Digger, a direct inhale can cause more coughing than inhaling into your mouth and then into lungs. A slower smoother draw can also help.

mogium

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
St pete florida
Pantss, I agree with everyone who said try lowering your nic. Many of us have experienced a reduced tolerance for nic after a time. I've had to lower the nic concentration several times over the past couple of years.

Digger, a direct inhale can cause more coughing than inhaling into your mouth and then into lungs. A slower smoother draw can also help.

maybe digger is vaping too hot at times?

pantss

Oct 29, 2011
Singapore

Interesting. I thought people would have increased tolerance over time and they would require a higher NIC. I shall use a lower NIC when I can get my hands on some. Thanks guys

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
Nic level shouldn't effect taste. Going to more VG will, but that just means order with extra flavor (if available.)

Nic can creep up on you with the vaping. Unlike a smoke, you get it all at once and it's quickly absorbed, so if you were speed smoking and got ill, you'd know why. But overvaping is something I do in the morning (quite nic saturated now in fact) and during tense movies.

Just my thoughts. Might try gum for a day and see if it goes away, though I find that gum packs a punch...or a sledgehammer really. But that's what I use if I'm in a social situation that vaping would be awkward.

AuBadge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Antioch, TN
neuronradio.net
Used to be a one pack year smoker (4 years) and been vaping for almost a year now.

I do smoke analogs socially. The frequency is probably like 3-5 sticks fortnightly or even monthly.

I used to vape about 3ml a day but in recent weeks, I feel sick in the stomach every time I vape (for a couple of minutes).

Anyone knows whats up with me?

If I read your post correctly, you were a one pack-a-YEAR smoker, who began vaping almost non-stop? Sounds to me like you're vaping (and taking in nicotine) at a level a pack-a-DAY smoker might require. I don't know what nicotine strength you're using, but I'm guessing it's too high for a one pack-a-year smoker. Try much lower nic level juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread