Anyone experienced cedar flavor with RY4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worutaa

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
So I went against my better judgement and paycheck was a little late... so in panick mode while ordering juices I decided to get a 30ml bottle of mtbakervapor's RY4 instead of the typical size I get when sampling.

Admittedly, I've only tried a couple of other RY4s but have never had one taste like cedar. While it reminded me of an incense shop initially (I thought maybe it would grow on me) it quickly became something I didn't like. So I took the cap off and let it sit on my desk for a couple of days, shaking occasionally.

Sometimes I'm able to smell the flavor I'm trying to get at, other times it smells like cedar. It has tasted like cedar every time.. but past the cedar flavor it tastes good (I hope that makes sense)... I was just curious about something...

Has anyone else had an RY4 that tasted like cedar (I've seen a few have this flavor in the mega list of RY4), and if so, has anyone tried letting it sit for a while to see if the flavor dies down?

How long did it take? Weeks/months/years >.>?

I've got a smaller bottle of their Big Red which I've been vaping all day, and that's a tasty flavor, but I'd really like to have my caramel tobacco vanilla type flavor that I usually get from JC's Tennessee Cured (without paying that much)

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
To my palate, the tobacco base that Don used in his fabled but now discontinued Backwoods Brew RY4 has a definite cedar undertone. It's quite pronounced, actually, at least to my taste buds. That's probably the primary reason I eventually stopped loving BWB RY4. The 30ml bottle I have that's still nearly full will last me for years, simply because I'm not a fan of cedar in eliquids.

Worutaa

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Eh, I guess worst case if it doesn't mellow out before I start running low on my Big Red, I can take 2 -3 ml of the big red and add it, then cut it down with some VG and distilled water to a 16mg... might do the trick.

I'll just order some Boba's bounty if they have some available next paycheck... with 176 reviews on it at 4-5 stars and so much positive feedback found on this site... I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume I'll like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread