Anyone doing keto and vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfer369

Sep 1, 2018
I am new to vaping and also fairly new to this forum so please feel to remove the post if this doesn’t belong here.

This question is for anyone here who does keto diet. In keto diet, you are supposed to eat less than 20g of carbs. I am wondering if the sweet vapors actually gets ingested or affects the bloodstream.

Because of the diet, if vaping and the sugar in vaping does not effect comparing to eating sweet than it gives me an opportunity to vape some of the flavors that I miss sometimes being on this diet.

So, the added sweetness what ingredient aren’t used to make a juice sweet, will vaping affect blood sugar and glycemic index?

I am going to be occasionally vaping and for those times I am looking for the absolute best flavor and satisfaction. I am willing to spend money on premium juice that are of high quality ingredients.

I would like to get some opinion from the vaping experts of this forum.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
My husband has been doing Keto for almost a year now methinks? It's just become a way of life with us both. We started it due to his diabetes. He has lost over 55lbs and takes far less meds than he use to need. His first checkups after 3 months - the doctor was shocked at his test results.

I would say for him - vaping did not effect anything other than not smoking. He loves sweet/fruity vapes also.

Surfer369

Sep 1, 2018
My husband has been doing Keto for almost a year now methinks? It's just become a way of life with us both. We started it due to his diabetes. He has lost over 55lbs and takes far less meds than he use to need. His first checkups after 3 months - the doctor was shocked at his test results.

I would say for him - vaping did not effect anything other than not smoking. He loves sweet/fruity vapes also.

This is reassuring, any comment by you or anyone else on on the sweetener ingredient would be great.

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Many articles on vaping sweets and diabetics. The conclusion is the sweeteners in ejuice have no measurable impact on A1C. I'm a diabetic and a medic, I researched the living crap out of it online and with medical professionals I trust. Vape On!
Thanks! I'm a diabetic myself but only recently. I had vaped long before receiving the diagnosis. Me, I'm normally in control, what sets me off is not food but stress and heat (?), in the summer months it rises uncontrollably! Last A1C 6.2

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm diabetic and vape sweet fruity flavors. I've even added a few drops of sweetener to my tank on occasion and my blood sugar levels and a1c haven't gone up at all. It definitely isn't affecting my blood sugar.
The sweetner used is sucralose. Chemically very similar to sugar but with no impact on glucose levels. Of course you could DIY and use Xilitol if you wish, but me, I add no sweetner to my fruity liquids.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
The sweetner used is sucralose. Chemically very similar to sugar but with no impact on glucose levels. Of course you could DIY and use Xilitol if you wish, but me, I add no sweetner to my fruity liquids.
Some berries are fine in small amounts. We avoid fruits though. Never was a fan of eating them. They can be too high in carbs for the most part.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Some berries are fine in small amounts. We avoid fruits though. Never was a fan of eating them. They can be too high in carbs for the most part.
Yes, but they also contain fiber and vitamins much needed. And you know what happens when you eat plenty of fiber. Also depends on what kind of diabetes you have. Me, type 2. To each their own!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm pretty suspect that it should have a measurable impact on your glucose levels, but I'm not a medical professional.

If you have diabetes, well, you could just vape and measure your blood sugar levels. If you are worried about the failure of your diet I would think many things would make that harder than vaping, necessarily.

If you are a former smoker well I'm pretty sure that vaping will improve your taste buds and make things like spaghetti squash (which is an awesome thing) taste better. Etc.

Anna

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm pretty suspect that it should have a measurable impact on your glucose levels, but I'm not a medical professional.

If you have diabetes, well, you could just vape and measure your blood sugar levels. If you are worried about the failure of your diet I would think many things would make that harder than vaping, necessarily.

If you are a former smoker well I'm pretty sure that vaping will improve your taste buds and make things like spaghetti squash (which is an awesome thing) taste better. Etc.

Anna
Remember that the amount used is negligible. You would need 15 to 20g of carbs to impact on your system per meal. 20% ejuice could amount to 2 g of carbs per 10 ml. No, unless you vape in excess of 100 ml of juice a day.

WHAT IS THAT SQUASH!!! I'm buying some seeds to plant right now! I'll let you know!

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Spaghetti squash is like this magical squash that tastes squashy only when you cook it, it turns into these weird, delicious pasta like tubes. I eat it with salt, pepper and butter and like, it's the perfect vegetable pasta.

I didn't hear of it until recently either because I go to a Mexican chain for veggies and I finally bought some (curiosity) and cooked it and the husband was like, ,"Oh yea spaghetti squash." And I was like, "This would be as if you have a secret child you haven't told me about.

@Susaz I agree it shouldn't make a difference I'm just not a medical professional.

Anna

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I actually drifted into the keto diet shortly after I began vaping a bit over a year ago. I was in a place where I really wanted to remodel myself. I also researched and began to use a number of supplements. However, I just try to stay under 50g of carbs per day. I personally don't vape super sweet liquids - Ry4 is as sweet as I get. I have no plans to start worrying about any carbs in my e-liquids. Vaping and moderate keto are working for me.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I am new to vaping and also fairly new to this forum so please feel to remove the post if this doesn’t belong here.

This question is for anyone here who does keto diet. In keto diet, you are supposed to eat less than 20g of carbs. I am wondering if the sweet vapors actually gets ingested or affects the bloodstream.

Because of the diet, if vaping and the sugar in vaping does not effect comparing to eating sweet than it gives me an opportunity to vape some of the flavors that I miss sometimes being on this diet.

So, the added sweetness what ingredient aren’t used to make a juice sweet, will vaping affect blood sugar and glycemic index?

I am going to be occasionally vaping and for those times I am looking for the absolute best flavor and satisfaction. I am willing to spend money on premium juice that are of high quality ingredients.

I would like to get some opinion from the vaping experts of this forum.
i am keto,, i have posted my journey elsewhere (not likely permitted to share here)

i have lost the bit of weight i wanted and held that for the summer,, my goal now is to lose another 10% because I am aging and have already lost the muscle mass of my younger years............that said,, I have also just bought a work out/yoga mat and resistance straps to work out in the house. my walking is now up to 10miles per trip at a fast pace. (my husband was surprised to see me buy work out gear since i dont like to buy anything if it dont fit in my backpacks lol0

i have been 'sugar free' for well over a year, less than 20 carbs off and on for several months, vape 30mls a day, i feel great,, sleeping better too.

edit, for years,, years ago,, I did intermediate fasting,, it wasn't a thing back then,, I was simply too busy to schedule other meals and I felt fine. I have returned to that,, its amazing how much money you can save and eat very healthy.

Last edited:

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I live in Argentina. I had never seen it, and since we do plant most of our veggies, I'll make some room in the squash planter for this. Will be a nice addition. I wish I could buy some to try, but I had never ever seen it!
i dont care for squash or zucchini,,,,,,,,,,,but the spaghetti is awesome,, so is the cauliflower rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread