• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any PC gamers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system should run Diablo 3 with no hiccups at all... Don't need to upgrade... At least not until CoD Black Ops 2... Have you seen the vids on that game? Freaking unbelievable...

I'm thinking of making another system with 2 GTX 690's now.... But I think I'm going to save up for a Virtuapin machine... Man, I love pinball and this is the system... but it is 7 grand though...

Last edited:

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Those things are awesome. My friend and I are doing side by side builds (mine will be in a reclaimed williams cab from a gutted machine) and he is building his cab starting in november. I have to finish restoring my air hockey table first :( Keep in mind that they don't come with games (Virtuapin) so read up on software. It is basically a HW implementation with hyperpin installed).

Minecraft is a brilliant game! At one point I had my own server... but as my creations became larger I needed more memory untill I needed to pay over 50 bucks a month to get it working right... I guess that's the result when you change the whole land and and stuff... Haven't played it for awhile. I'm thinking of going back to it again soon though... for awhile.

I guess I have far too many games I need to get back to. lol...

At least I get to vape around my computer. I always had to leave the room to have a smoke. Now that's not necessary. Whoo hooo....

Tendril

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
USA - Illinois
My system should run Diablo 3 with no hiccups at all... Don't need to upgrade... At least not until CoD Black Ops 2... Have you seen the vids on that game? Freaking unbelievable... I'm thinking of making another system with 2 GTX 690's now.... But I think I'm going to save up for a Virtuapin machine... Man, I love pinball and this is the system... but it is 7 grand though...
I think one GTX 690 will cut it there KaZAamM :lol: ; Unless maybe you have several high-res screens on the same box, I could only imagine needing 2 for some professional video rendering or de/encryption.

Well, since my current system has 2 GTX 590's... And I have been getting slowdowns on a couple of games that I have on maximum settings. Getting 2 690's would be the next logical step... I also like having quad SLI on some games and then switch to a single card with a dedicated PhysX on the other. Even the GTX690 will slow down if you enable full PhysX on some games.

I don't think one card would be better than what I have now. Besides, I am thinking about going the multiple screen setup... I've been waiting for a super widescreen monitor for a few years now, but it dosen't look like that is happening anytime soon anyways...

Some of my flight simulators has to be turned down on my system because of the intense graphic output... One GTX690 will not cut it. Not by a long shot. I'm not sure even 2 690's will be enough.

Since I utilize TrackIR and High resolution graphics on a few of my simulators, I still can't use my ultra-high resolution package... I get around 10fps with quad SLI turned on... Turned off, I get 7... The dual 690's have about 40% average improvement on fps than what I have now... The only way I can use these high resolution packages is by turning down output resolution and that just defeats the purpose... Even with 2 GTX690's I don't think I can break the 30fps minimum standard. Never mind the 60fps which I am looking for.

I may have to wait till next year when the 790's come out before I get anywhere near where I want with these games.

Last edited:

Digdug610

Apr 19, 2012
Las vegas
Minecraft is a brilliant game! At one point I had my own server... but as my creations became larger I needed more memory untill I needed to pay over 50 bucks a month to get it working right... I guess that's the result when you change the whole land and and stuff... Haven't played it for awhile. I'm thinking of going back to it again soon though... for awhile.

I guess I have far too many games I need to get back to. lol...

At least I get to vape around my computer. I always had to leave the room to have a smoke. Now that's not necessary. Whoo hooo....

nice! good to see pinheads in here.. i currently own two and was thinking of a virtuapin, but would like to see how realistic it would look, in person. im also a swtor and wow fan, but pinball is what im obsessed in! lol.. not one game is the same!!

Cherryblossom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2012
Florida
Played the first two Diablo's obsessively when they first came out, then some Morrowind. Then got hooked on WoW and have been playing that for 5+ years, even got my DH hooked on it. I still play and have multiple max level toons, but didn't raid this past expansion. I got pretty burnt out on raiding on the previous expansion, so this one I mainly just quested, collected mounts, and solo'd old content. Now I'm playing Diablo III and waiting for Mists of Panderia to come out. I've spent waaaay too much time gaming over the past decade+, but I enjoy it like other people enjoy tv and movies.

Tendril

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
USA - Illinois
I passed the 250 hour mark in Skyrim. I'm going to try and actually work on the main quest on this playthrough ... once I finish everything else :lol: My primary skill is illusion and I wear no armor with stat boosts every level into magic (level ~25 right now with 100 health, 100 stamina and over 400 magic with equipment). I started the character by walking all the way to Winterhold from Helgen to see the College of Winterhold. Now that I've finished that quest line I'm using fast travel, but there's something to be said for walking everywhere. And sprinting across the plains away from angry mammoths. And casting frenzy on a group of chauruses or mages while undetected. I'm looking forward to dark brotherhood quests and experimenting with assassinating people by casting frenzy on them
blink.gif

Last edited:
Diablo3 is simply amazing...

Out of the 700+ games installed on my system, this one is clearly the most addictive... I would go further to mention that IMHO, this is the best game I own... And I own all of my games. No hacked games on my system. I like to own mine.

I have a Demon Hunter lvl 47 on nightmare, a Wizard lvl 27 on normal and a Warrior lvl 17 on normal. There just isn't enough time in the day to play these games. I just love this game!

Yep... I'm a pinhead as well. My buddy has the virtuapin and he built his own. Funny thing is; when I play almost any table, it feels like an actual pinball machine... The sounds are unbelievable. Highly recomended if you are into pinball... I'm writing this because Blizzard is updating their servers to 1.02 and Diablo3 is unavailable until 11am... Oh, well... I guess I should start cleaning my apt... It needs work since chores have been seriously on the backburner since this game has ruled this computer. lol

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
my dad is hunting down a couple more williams cabs for trim and lockdown bars (snagging them up off craigs list). Starting my pin build in october and my friend is starting his at the same time. Well done virtua pins are very believable, and with 200+ tables on one machine, can not be beat imho.

36 monk now, blasing through, and waiting on my replacement CC to show up (card got frauded, had to cancel it a few days before vaca).

Dysfoundation, your battletag maybe DYSCNFSD, but you need a "#" with a number after it to get to your full battletag. Anyways, at this moment I have a level 58 Demonhunter on Hell difficulty. Its getting real tough now, death seems to happen almost everytime against a yellow monster.

DPS is 12,119... but that don't mean nothing... lol

My battletag is KaZAamM#1745

See ya in game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread