Any Flash e vapor 4.5 users??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Some of my clones have never gotten rid of the metallic tang and hopefully it’ll eventually wash out.
I’ll try lemon juice after a soak in soapy water?
Make sure you totally disassemble it, peek insulators, o-rings, screws, center post if removable etc... Take everything apart that can be taken apart and let them all soak in some Dawn. I've also done a vinegar / baking soda effervescent wash too with good results.

It's hard to wash the China out of these things sometimes. ;)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My only complaint is machine oil or SS taste and whether it’s from a low quality SS part or machine oil I may never know.
My coppervape clone has no after taste or hint of machine oil.
I tried washing it in hot water but the metallic machine taste won’t wash out.
Some of my clones have never gotten rid of the metallic tang and hopefully it’ll eventually wash out.
I’ll try lemon juice after a soak in soapy water?

The FEV's give my juices slightly different flavor than most of my other tanks. Some tanks do that. I cleaned out the first one and after inspection I'm convinced it really didn't need it. I didn't clean the second one and don't taste anything different compared to the first.

IMO it's not because of anything wrong with the tank, it's in the physical design. The metal itself doesn't impart any flavor. It's just this tank brings out flavors slightly differently than most. In this case I like the result :)

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    The FEV's give my juices slightly different flavor than most of my other tanks. Some tanks do that. I cleaned out the first one and after inspection I'm convinced it really didn't need it. I didn't clean the second one and don't taste anything different compared to the first.

IMO it's not because of anything wrong with the tank, it's in the physical design. The metal itself doesn't impart any flavor. It's just this tank brings out flavors slightly differently than most. In this case I like the result :)
    It was the accessory tubes I got separately that had some machine oil on them.
    I scrubbed with baking soda followed with a soak in lemon juice or vinegar and no more after taste.

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    Has anyone seen the YDDZ V1 RTA it's a kind of hybrid of the Flash E vapor RTA the very same side airflow tubes reducers with Juice flow over the top of the feed wicks apparently fits the Fev dlc feed tubes 4ml glass tank with postless deck so can fit different coils compared to the flash e Vapor, discription says it's an original design,
    Looks interesting if it's not a clone I might try one,
    e15dd645c9103a31bd0d80da425bf10a.jpg
    dd83aca47e039d48b8154ac8faae6722.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Has anyone seen the YDDZ V1 RTA it's a kind of hybrid of the Flash E vapor RTA the very same side airflow tubes reducers with Juice flow over the top of the feed wicks apparently fits the Fev dlc feed tubes 4ml glass tank with listless deck so can fit different coils compared to the flash e Vapor, discription says it's an original design,
    Looks interesting if it's not a clone I might try one,
    e15dd645c9103a31bd0d80da425bf10a.jpg
    dd83aca47e039d48b8154ac8faae6722.jpg

That is interesting.
    I’d like to see how it wicks juice with postless deck.
    Without the screws in FEV holding up cotton in contact with end of tubes the juice wouldn’t flow.
    I’m still interested especially if it’s shorter than FEV.

Reactions: Tokeo1

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    That is interesting.
    I’d like to see how it wicks juice with postless deck.
    Without the screws in FEV holding up cotton in contact with end of tubes the juice wouldn’t flow.
    I’m still interested especially if it’s shorter than FEV.
    Being postless you would raise the coil up and still use the same Fev dlc feed tubes so wicking and feeding juice would be the same

Reactions: TrollDragon

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    So I bought one of YDDZ V1 RTAs to try,
    I have looked as far I can see
    I could be wrong but there isn't another RTA like this
    it seems to be an authentic not a clone, unless someone can point out where.
    Now it does have borrowed aspects from others
    Which everything with a 2 posts or postless deck
    has influence from others,
    The chamber is influenced from a flash e Vapor with similar Airflow and juice feeding to the wicks
    Really benefits from the Flash e DLC steel wicks,
    but includes a JFC ring above the chamber so allows top filling without flooding deck.
    it's a glass tank
    Also Inc is a PEI tank.
    Postless deck,
    Allen key a few spare grub's and a couple of different airflow sizes , option of RDTL -MTL proper MTL from pin hole sizes upto 2mm with the 4 airflow screws which is influenced by the Flash e Aspect.
    single airflow like the older fevs
    Drip tip is PEI and small so might want to change that I have,
    Has a round a 3.5mm chimney bore size slightly smaller than the Dvarw chimney diameter.
    Deck and chamber has 2 small notches to line up tank with deck to lock in place where the flash e has a single pin to lock in place
    It is held on securely no wobbling and doesn't look like it would come off in your pocket.
    I'm currently using with largest airflow of 2mm
    Which is pretty smooth,
    I am finding quite good
    It seems like an updated slightly altered
    Flash e without the height
    With a much simpler build deck, not to sure on looks the diamond like knurling but had to be different.
    I have it setup Running a MTL SS Clapton 30×2 38g wrap 0.9 build,

Will try others and maybe a simple round wire build next time,

I am a Flash e Vapor Fan
    I believe with a little fine tuning on coil position - wicking it could possibly match the vape quality,
    time will tell
    Price is great if this is an authentic atomiser.
    45d8c820d1f6af1552fdf0c3a4de91b1.jpg
    b91dfdab3bfa5d3949aa691dd52e0ccd.jpg
    2e7b512940b49ee267551c97d7cb371b.jpg

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    Yes you can,
    Although the Airflow inserts do not pertrude into the chamber like the Fev if that is a plus or minus for you for direct to coil,
    so you can mount the coil in center or close to the front airflow it is easy to build than Fev but I'm used to the 2 post wrap around builds,

You can also place the tank on / facing either direction, unlike the Fev with one notch pin so only goes on one way
    Its also only single side airflow like older fevs and top fill,

You could try to fill up half the deck with wick if wanted to reduce chamber
    but using the DLC steel wicks you don't need long wicks as the are positioned at either side of coil directly feeding juice to wick and coil

Honestly I am surprised by it
    Didn't think it would be up to much but everyone has there osn varied opinions on each atty,
    Only negative is they don't include dlc wicks ((but then that would be clone parts if they did)),
    You can have ability to fit wider and larger diameter coils in there as an option,

I have tried probably hundred or so RTAs eventually settling on just a few now,
    this is one I'd keep along side my Cloudone V2 V3 V4
    Dvarw MTLs , Flash e Vapors
    Taifun GT V3 with reducer.
    Vapor giant V4+ nano + MTL post, Evl reaper V3,

Only RTA I wish I had bought but didn't was Reaper V2

This one kind of interested me due to it being similar to fev, otherwise I've kind of stopped buying stuff now,

Reactions: CaveFurby

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    Thank you for the pics and review @benley73 . I'd been looking at this one with curiosity on 2F, but hadn't seen anyone write about it, so thanks. I did find fortunately the FEV black wick tubes on 2F, and both they and the atomizer are in the 24 hour section, so I placed an order tonight.....looking forward to trying this one out (eventually...lol). But if a person didn't have those, they could easily take fine mesh strips and roll up tubes for those holes like many have done. Originaly I was like Robbert, thinking hmmmm, how could you keep the cotton up high enough to meet the autofeed tubes? Did you make the tails long and sort of roll them up to give height? I like your choice of drip tip, looks much better than the original.

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    Thank you for the pics and review @benley73 . I'd been looking at this one with curiosity on 2F, but hadn't seen anyone write about it, so thanks. I did find fortunately the FEV black wick tubes on 2F, and both they and the atomizer are in the 24 hour section, so I placed an order tonight.....looking forward to trying this one out (eventually...lol). But if a person didn't have those, they could easily take fine mesh strips and roll up tubes for those holes like many have done. Originaly I was like Robbert, thinking hmmmm, how could you keep the cotton up high enough to meet the autofeed tubes? Did you make the tails long and sort of roll them up to give height? I like your choice of drip tip, looks much better than the original.
    Hello Yes you could use mesh. But you do have a JFC that could possibly catch on mesh if the cotton wick pushes it up slightly,

I found just cutting wick tails to just slightly over the sides of the deck and usual fluff and tuck under,
    The DLC steel wicks sit perfectly on top to feed juice directly on either side of your coil,
    Rest is just playing about to see what suits you best

I tried to have to coil height up
    so as to be in direct flow of the side airflow Onto the coil it can also pass under and over and directly up the chimney to pull off as much flavour from the coil
    As the coil sits directly under the chimney
    Basically just like a Fev

Hope you enjoy it the same,
    And watch the little bubbles rise as the steel wicks feed the cotton

The tips nice too think it was Option A,
    has several options white BLK Pei coloured of the top of the tip
    but the inner part has airflow reducers you can swap in out, to change your draw to suit as well,

Reactions: CaveFurby

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    So I bought one of YDDZ V1 RTAs to try,
    I have looked as far I can see
    I could be wrong but there isn't another RTA like this
    it seems to be an authentic not a clone, unless someone can point out where.
    Now it does have borrowed aspects from others
    Which everything with a 2 posts or postless deck
    has influence from others,
    The chamber is influenced from a flash e Vapor with similar Airflow and juice feeding to the wicks
    Really benefits from the Flash e DLC steel wicks,
    but includes a JFC ring above the chamber so allows top filling without flooding deck.
    it's a glass tank
    Also Inc is a PEI tank.
    Postless deck,
    Allen key a few spare grub's and a couple of different airflow sizes , option of RDTL -MTL proper MTL from pin hole sizes upto 2mm with the 4 airflow screws which is influenced by the Flash e Aspect.
    single airflow like the older fevs
    Drip tip is PEI and small so might want to change that I have,
    Has a round a 3.5mm chimney bore size slightly smaller than the Dvarw chimney diameter.
    Deck and chamber has 2 small notches to line up tank with deck to lock in place where the flash e has a single pin to lock in place
    It is held on securely no wobbling and doesn't look like it would come off in your pocket.
    I'm currently using with largest airflow of 2mm
    Which is pretty smooth,
    I am finding quite good
    It seems like an updated slightly altered
    Flash e without the height
    With a much simpler build deck, not to sure on looks the diamond like knurling but had to be different.
    I have it setup Running a MTL SS Clapton 30×2 38g wrap 0.9 build,

Will try others and maybe a simple round wire build next time,

I am a Flash e Vapor Fan
    I believe with a little fine tuning on coil position - wicking it could possibly match the vape quality,
    time will tell
    Price is great if this is an authentic atomiser.
    45d8c820d1f6af1552fdf0c3a4de91b1.jpg
    b91dfdab3bfa5d3949aa691dd52e0ccd.jpg
    2e7b512940b49ee267551c97d7cb371b.jpg

Did it come with metal tubes used to feed liquid?
    I like my FEV but I’m going to try this for a shorter rta.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I realize it’s an old thread and I’ve had no problems with FEV 4.5 but I prefer a wetter or richer vape.
    I’ve tried several ways to richen up juice flow but other than enlarging tube holes the amount of juice flowing through seems fixed.I tried 50% pg and still no increase in juice flow.

Has anyone found a way to increase juice flow through the tubes on a FEV?

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    You know, a couple of years ago there was an auto-dripper called the Proto rta. I have one. It didn't have feed tubes like the FEV, you just butted up the cotton against the holes. It works pretty well actually, I needed to get the feel for the right amount of cotton. Couldn't we do something similar with the FEV....think we'd have to use a Considerable amount of cotton in the tails to .... up against the ceiling, and it might be a mess the first few times, but it's a thought. I cxan't think of another way except slightly enlarging the holes, and that could be disastrous.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Has anyone found a way to increase juice flow through the tubes on a FEV?
    You can always do what we did on the older FeVs and just roll up a couple of mesh straws. You can make the opening as big or small as you like for the juice flow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread