Anti-Smoking Advocate's Arguments Against E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cascadia V

Moved On
Dec 6, 2014
Seattle
After my article advocating e-cigs as a harm-reduction method for smokers was republished by Northwest Asian Weekly (originally posted at cascadiavape.com/2014/10/26/e-cigs-and-the-api-community/ ), it received the following rebuttal from a representative of Asian Pacific Partners for Empowerment, Advocacy and Leadership (APPEAL), a group whose smoking survey was cited in the article. While I don't agree with their view, I wanted to share it here to get feedback from smokers who have been helped by switching to e-cigs:

nwasianweekly.com/2014/12/commentary-re-e-cigarettes-api-community/

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
I feel the e-cig market should be regulated. The issue is it will be regulated for profit, and not due to any real concern for the people using it. Regardless, the e-cig environment is dangerous right now, with too many people (not all) just dumping whatever they want to into the market with no regard for safety. I see a lot of questions in the "New Members" section that just make me shake my head. People just getting into this are over-whelmed with so many options, it is very difficult to determine what can be a potential hazard.

When it comes to children, I feel it should be regulated exactly as it would with cigarettes. Past that, it should be regulated the same as any other smoking cessation method, because it works better than anything offered right now. I smoked for 26 years, switched to vaping in one day and have never touched a cigarette again. Many other long time smokers have done the same, and that is just by figuring things out on our own. Imagine the potential of it was regulated properly and there were methods to receive proper instruction from the beginning.

PONKAW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Panama city
I've got all my e-cig supplies stocked up for life. Did the research and got the best prices for the best stuff. Mods, tanks, batteries and juice making. I know what I know, I do what I want...and don't give a rats azz what some commy idiot has to say or do about it.

Best post in a long time. We can sing and dance the praises of vaping, till the cows come home... but for most of the people currently in charge of govt. regulation in the U.S., it is about control, power and money.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
The only thing I see is like mentioned above, regulated for profit..... Look at the government and how they say smoking is bad and should not be done but yet the industry pays for so much in medical cost and the government feeds off of it. Take NY for instance, they have a huge tax on cigs and arrest people for selling un taxed cigs that are legal and regulated. Big tobacco does the same thing in a sense. Dumps a bunch of cigs into the market with no regard to safety (regulated but still kills people) but yet people still do it. That is why I like places like these to get information on safety for the use of ecigs and all the new mods and such. The only thing I see about regulating and everywhere I go I already see it and ALWAYS have. No sales to any persons under the age of 18. Just my :2c:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread