Another Vaping in WalMart thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbob

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Yes, we realize your intent, but we can't help but berate you for not wearing shoes. Especially in Phoenix, it doesn't really rain so crap that is on the ground doesn't get washed away. It's common sense that you'd want to wear shoes, and even more so in a retail establishment.

But then again, you sound like a typical Walmart patron.

So, what's wrong with shopping at Walmart? Where do you shop?

The crap that's on the ground gets on your shoes, gets carried wherever you go.

And do you mean the royal "we"?

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Oh crap, yer spose to wear shoes in walmart? Maybe it's cuz I am in Florida (On the beach) but I never have shoes on unless I am working, let alone in walmart..

I grew up next to Ft. Myers beach Fla. and this is regarded as normal. If an establishment wanted you to wear shoes they would have a sign, clearly visible, stating so. 90% of the time you walk around barefoot in these areas. You keep that easy, slip-on pair of foot wear in the car "just in case" but you rarely need to use them. Businesses find out really fast in beach areas that requiring footwear = decreased business and quickly adjust their views.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
LOL. I swear I have seen some people in walmart wearing their pajamas and fluffy slippers!! Seen them in hair curlers, etc. If they weren't wearing pj's they could have passed for them.

LOL this reminds me of back when I was on Welbutrin to quit analogs. I "stopped" with a support group and we all went to counceling together. Well when we started taking the Welbutrin many of us had serious sleeping issues (wacked out acid trip dreams and utter lack of ability to sleep), so at 3 am in Ft. Bragg NC there is only one place to go... Walmart.

I saw almost every member of my support group there on multiple nights as we all just "had to get out of the house". We'd be sporting our jammy pants, wrinkled up t-shirts, and slippers, just sort of "zombie browsing" products and waiting for time to tick by. A pack of pajama-wearing Welbutrin zombies aimlessly milling.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Yes, we realize your intent, but we can't help but berate you for not wearing shoes. Especially in Phoenix, it doesn't really rain so crap that is on the ground doesn't get washed away. It's common sense that you'd want to wear shoes, and even more so in a retail establishment.

But then again, you sound like a typical Walmart patron.

Hate to tell you there bud, but the only thing that some of us have IS a Walmart. Not everyone has every type of store under the sun where they live. Heck I'm almost 32 and we didn't even get a McDonalds until I was in junior high. The Walmart hasn't even been here that long.

So saying that someone sounds like a typical walmart patron means nothing, especially when you are from a big city. Myself, I would wear shoes in Walmart as well, since I know that floor has to be nasty, but saying that everyone who goes to walmart is some kind of backwoods non-shoe wearing redneck is a bit uncalled for. (That's what it seemed like you were saying, don't be afraid to clear yourself of that accusation)

Bigbob

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Would I wear shoes? probably

That's beside the point it is a direct health code violation to go barefoot in any business. i.e............spreads disease

Not being one to go barefoot a lot, due to being a "tenderfoot", I don't understand the barefoot spreading disease rule, must be an old law. By that reasoning, we should be wearing gloves and masks too, or maybe body condoms. I don't think the stuff on the bottom of your shoes is better than the stuff on someones feet. And unless you take your shoes off before entering your or anyone else's home, stuff is being spread everywhere all the time.

Having said that, I do understand that you might catch something easier being barefoot.

Getting off my soapbox now...:)

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Not being one to go barefoot a lot, due to being a "tenderfoot", I don't understand the barefoot spreading disease rule, must be an old law. By that reasoning, we should be wearing gloves and masks too, or maybe body condoms. I don't think the stuff on the bottom of your shoes is better than the stuff on someones feet. And unless you take your shoes off before entering your or anyone else's home, stuff is being spread everywhere all the time.

Having said that, I do understand that you might catch something easier being barefoot.

Getting off my soapbox now...:)

That's true, germs are everywhere on everything anyway. I think that people are a little germ phobic nowadays. If I go to a bar and go to the bathroom, I don't even bother washing my hands afterwards. It's not like I pee all over my hands anyway. Bars have to be the worst places too, so it's like why bother?

Bigbob

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Many people down Walmart because they sell Chinese goods. Wait - Gotta fill my e-cig. Ahhh - it's made where???? Oops:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The chinese are going to take over the world anyway. Just by sheer population numbers. Our manufacturing is going to China, IT is going to India, cars from the EU and Japan. Could be worse at least it's not the Russians taking over. Why not embrace the inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread