• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Another doctor a believer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelm

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2010
Medicine Hat,Alberta,Canada
So after a year away from using e-cigs. I started back on them 2 months ago. During my physical last year my doctor kept stressing to stop smoking. I just went and had my physical for this year. Now keep in mind I am only 2 months back into vaping. He started to harp on me for smoking. I told him that I have quit smoking using e-cigs. He gave me the usual look of disbelief as he checked my blood pressure. It is down alot from last year. This year it is 105/71. My lungs have started to clear up and breathing has improved as well. His proffesional recomendation is to keep on vaping.

Here is to another doctor becoming a believer.

Ayce

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2011
Saint John NB Canada
My doc want's me off the nic all together, although she agrees that vaping is a safer alternative she is also concerned the nic is the cause of hypertension. She was glad to see my BP is down to normal levels, and I feel better to boot. I told her my plan to reduce the nic levels over time and she likes that idea. At least you can do that with e-cigs.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
My doc want's me off the nic all together, although she agrees that vaping is a safer alternative she is also concerned the nic is the cause of hypertension. She was glad to see my BP is down to normal levels, and I feel better to boot. I told her my plan to reduce the nic levels over time and she likes that idea. At least you can do that with e-cigs.
Do you know my doctor ? :lol:

VIVAP2

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
Eastern Canada
I went to see a doctor in a walking clinic 2 days ago to get the prescription:

Doc: What's wrong?
me: ear infection
Doc: ha, here's your prescription. Do you smoke?
me: Nha, stopped smoking. But still inhaling nicotine in form of vapor with an e-cig.
Doc: To stop smoking?
me: No. I chose this as an alternative. Instead of smoking, I vape.
Doc: That is pretty odd.
me: Have you heard of this before?
Doc: (he moved on showing no any kind of interest)
----

Also, a lady I met recently quit vaping, got back to smoking, trying to quit again now with Champix after his doctor told her that she went to a seminar about e-cigs. This seminar was supposely "demonstrating" that vaping wasn't any better than smoking. I wish we could have talk about it a little longer. That is really strange. I don't get it.

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
My dad has been vaping since January 1, 2012. He smoked for 54 years. he now says he can actually breath and doesnt feel like an elephant is sitting on his chest. He said you know, I laughed and thought this was the stupidist thing ever, he said I now rescind everything bad I ever said about e-cigs. I can breath, I can smell, and I have pocket money left over.

My Stepmom who smoked for over 40 years has severe COPD, uses 4 different inhalers, hacks like she has stage 4 lung cancer. She also started vaping January 1, 2012 with my dad. She doesn't hack at all, she rarely needs her inhalers anymore, She can walk to the mall now, she doesn't wake up feeling like someone put a plastic bag over her head and is suffocating her. She said she can also taste the foods she hasn't been able to taste in 40 years.

In short, 2 people who where almost in the grave thanks to cigarettes now have a new lease on life. The doctors gave both of them a HUGE 2 thumbs up and clean bill of health. That doctor is also now a believer in e-cigs. BTW my dads heart function has improved 5% since he started vaping.

Urban Nightmare

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Wainwright, AB, Canada
That was like my doctor when I was back home. He would tell me to quit smoking all the while he's dragging on a cig.

All I have to say is it must be nice to be able to see a doctor. I hadn't been to mine in 5 years and then tried to book an appointment. They told me I would have to find a new one because I hadn't been there in 5 years. Guess I need to break out the phone book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread