Animal rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
I'm sitting at the pub listening to good jazz enjoying my EVO and reading the forum... Lot's of us have pets. I have been active in animal rescue since the end of 2005 and hurricanse Katrina. I went to New Orleans, worked and brought back animals to the shelters in Michigan; the ones in New Orleans were beyond full!

All that said I wonder if the e-cig community would be interested in helping animals in need. I have been into e-cigs since November 2008 and full time into animal rescue full time (laid off from my job 12/08) for a while now. I'll post a link to my animal rescue group and if any of you are looking for a dog or cat or simply want to throw money at a HUGE problem, please feel free to do so.

PAAW - Pet Adoption Alternative of Warren

100_0760.jpg

100_0579.jpg

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
Thank you for the kind words. Seewhy, i have had about 20 bottle babies in the last year and they are the MOST special! They are also the most work (wrecked my room) but when they make it, there is no feeling to compare! You are special people to have done that. Steve and Omar, your kind words are very refreshing! I'll post more pics if people want to see. I have about a thousand cute kitten pics from my flock :)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
You have a good heart Ed.

My cats are all rescued strays and I love them to bits, they bring a lot of comfort and warmth to my world.

More pics please Ed, I can never see enough cat pictures :D

Every day I visit this site - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/...3&link=ctg_ars_home_from_ths_thankyou_sitenav
If you click the button you donate a bowl of food to animals in need. I thought at first it was a scam or something and not worth the time and had a little read around about it. I found that it's probably genuine, they are a real charity and clicks most likely do what they say. So if you can be bothered, have a click a day and feed a hungry soul.

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
I'll get some more pics up today... I have a TON! My son has 2 rescue Maine Coons... I guess all of mine would be Moggies!I't really cool to go through all the pictures and revisit these wee ones.

Kate, I was suspicious about the Animal Rescue site as well but I understand they are on the level. None of the money makes it to us but I know that the groups that do benefit appreciate your efforts! I look at it like we are all doing the same thing. I don't care who you adopt a cat from as long as it gets a good home!

I have 7 foster kittens at the moment and I'll get pictures after kitten breakfast :)

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
That's a coincidence Ed your cat Newman looks the image of the feral cat that decided to adopt me....(apart from the white tip on the tail) I used to love him because he wasn't friendly to anyone else but me and it made me feel quite honoured......sadly I only had him for a few years and found him dead beside a fox's den. The fox had cubs in the den so I think he must have had a fight.

Nayetopps

Jan 25, 2009
San Diego, Ca
Well, I'm a veterinary technician, so i am definately ALL FOR animal rescue!! its amazing what i see at my job. Anything from the most pampered pet imaginable, to the poor souls who think its normal to be hungry, dirty and unloved. You wouldn't believe some of the things these poor creatures live through, and STILL come out of it loving people. Even when it's PEOPLE that put them in their crummy situation in the first place.

I personally own a dog ( a BIG 100+lb mastiff mix) and a cat. My cat, Rudo, is a rescue from work. I bottle fed him since he was 2 weeks old, and he is the love of my life. I never was really a "cat person" until I started working at the animal hospital. Kitten season struck and I was suckered in. :)

I've grown up saving animals. Our house was always the one that everyone brought any creature they found to. We've had pigeons, doves, lizards, cats, kittens, dogs, puppies, all kinds of animals. At one point my mom had 30 cats!!!!

Anyway, I'm totally for animal rescue, and as soon as I get paid, I'll make a visit to the original poster's page, until then, I'll go give a hungry mouth some food! :)

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
you have to love the ferals! Even if they don't trust us... who can blame em??? My main cat at home, Newman, is a reformed feral. He has mentored countless kittens in the way of the human world...

IMAGE_095.jpg

Aauuugh!!!!!!! It's bad enough having to put up with the panties soaking in the sink all the time... I'M TRYIN' TO BRUSH MY TEETH OVER HERE!

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Almost afraid to on this thread, but I have to admit I'm not a person who likes cats.

However, many dogs need rescue as well, and my two are from rescue shelters. It has truly been a life-altering experience for me.

That's ok, dogs are people too ;)

celebrity-pictures-vader-puppies.jpg

... I'll go give a hungry mouth some food! :)

Thanks very much, I'm sure they'll appreciate it and it only costs us a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread