An idiot needs help on what to buy and where to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingritty

Apr 26, 2012
london
Hello ladies and gents..

I'm from the UK and I'm desperate to tabacco. I smoke between 10 - 15 a day and its on the UP. I've previously bought a E-Lites branded e-cig back in november from my local newsagent and when it worked it was OK, but now the battery is dead. To be honest I feel slightly ripped off by the brand so I'm not keen to purchase their newer models..

After crawling these forums for a little while, I'm not sure where to buy and I would like someone to point out exactly what I need and from where..

From what I've understood (and this may be wrong):

E-CIG: The best models to go far are 'Provari V2' (high-end) and 'Riva 510' (low-end). Thats about all I know, and that I will need to buy cartomizers..

CARTOMISER: I will need these because its the filter and atomiser in one unit, I will need to put droplets of liquid in here from time to time. BOGE is one of the best..

ATOMISER: I can change just the atomiser part if needed on the cartomiser? Low-resistance atomiser can be used on certain models of E-CIGS if the battery can supply the correct power (wattage).

LIQUID: This is up to me to decide on.

At this point my brain is about to explode..please help me out here - not sure if any of this is accurate.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
Maybe pick up some duct tape.....to help hold your brain together?
Sounds like you've got the basics down. Now for ohms. Cartomizers come in different ohms. What resistance (ohms) you get will depend on what battery (power) you end up with. Here is a link to ohms' law. You put in what volt unit you have and start 'playing' with different ohms. Click 'calculate' and it will tell you what watts you'll get from those two together. Most people like between 8-10 watts, so that should give you a good starting point.
Ohm's Law / Watt's Law Calculator

I would suggest that you start off with a fairly high nico content, until you get used to and start 'trusting'? your device to do what you need it to do.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
You're ahead of me when I started! All dem 'mizers had me...
banghead.gif

You're on the right track. Good luck!

kingritty

Apr 26, 2012
london
Cool thanks for the positive responses people, its humbling to know that I am walking the trodden path, as they say..

@Kay1959 I'll post in UK forum soon but the site won't let me post now because I'm too 'new' at the moment. Thanks for the ohms stuff, I'm looking into it, thats the advantage of going with the higher end models so I can adjust the voltage to suit the cartomiser?

Finding a supplier of the Provari V2 in the UK is going to be difficult so I may have to go for the LavaTube.

Angi2299

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
W'ford, TX
CARTOMISER: I will need these because its the filter and atomiser in one unit, I will need to put droplets of liquid in here from time to time. BOGE is one of the best..

ATOMISER: I can change just the atomiser part if needed on the cartomiser? Low-resistance atomiser can be used on certain models of E-CIGS if the battery can supply the correct power (wattage).

Just one small clarification... Cartomizers (cartos) have the coil built in. Atomizers can be used alone for dripping or with a cartridge (carts). Cartomizers are designed to be used for a time and thrown away.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think you got a pretty good idea of what this is all about. You're doing a lot better than I did at the beginning, I didn't have a clue and fell for a mini............ Moved on to a Lavatube and I'm loving it. Want a Provari but I think that'll have to wait a bit. :) Good luck. This forum has taught me A LOT!

kingritty

Apr 26, 2012
london
I think you got a pretty good idea of what this is all about. You're doing a lot better than I did at the beginning, I didn't have a clue and fell for a mini............ Moved on to a Lavatube and I'm loving it. Want a Provari but I think that'll have to wait a bit. :) Good luck. This forum has taught me A LOT!

From what I've researched so far the Lavatube makes more sense unless you enjoy luxury items.

Thanks again for all the responses, I can feel the positivity around this forum, its great. So I think I'm ready to make a jump and order this stuff today. I'm going for a Lavatube, couple batteries, and a charger from the site that mooreted recommended a couple posts down, and get about 15 BOGE 2ohm cartomisers.
And I will add a Riva - 510-T (the model with stronger battery) in to the basket too as a gift for a friend, since it uses the same cartomisers I should be alright to get them going.

Do any of you recommend any liquids? I smoke Silk Cut purples/Malboro light mostly, so don't need a heavy tabacco taste. Looking to get a few different 5ml bottles but if you have any recommendations let me know.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome Kingritty :)

Here is a list of good UK suppliers with any known discount codes shown next to the suppler name -

ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK - Recommended & new suppliers (e-cig/juice sellers)

If you are going for a Riva, I'd go for a standard one rather than the T one as I've heard a lot of folks have problems with the T type tanks leaking.

This Riva has an 1100mAh battery (510 fitting) & if you ask at check out for the atomisers to be swapped for cartomisers, you will be sent 10 cartomisers - use discount code ECF10 for 10% off -

The Riva 1100 Deluxe Kit £34.95 - Deluxe Vaping Kits - Riva 1100 Kit Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

If you are after a smooth tobacco flavour - this is one of my favourites -

Black Cat £12.99 - Grizwald's Gourmet Range - Gourmet Tobaccos Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

You could also check out the above seller pick & mix juices to get a sample of different ones to try.

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Hello ladies and gents..
I'm from the UK and I'm desperate to tabacco. I smoke between 10 - 15 a day and its on the UP. I've previously bought a E-Lites branded e-cig back in november from my local newsagent and when it worked it was OK, but now the battery is dead. To be honest I feel slightly ripped off by the brand so I'm not keen to purchase their newer models..
After crawling these forums for a little while, I'm not sure where to buy and I would like someone to point out exactly what I need and from where..
From what I've understood (and this may be wrong):E-CIG: The best models to go far are 'Provari V2' (high-end) and 'Riva 510' (low-end). Thats about all I know, and that I will need to buy cartomizers..
LIQUID: This is up to me to decide on.
At this point my brain is about to explode..please help me out here - not sure if any of this is accurate.
Hi and welcome to the ECF kingritty! Since you are in the UK, I would recommend Totally Wicked as a good vendor. They are on FB to, so it's easy to ask them questions and watch the sales etc.
Here is a good place to see all the different cartomizer types and what they fit and what they are called etc.
Personally I would recommend an eGo battery and a Stardust cartomizer. Can't go wrong with them IMHO.
Hope this helps :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread