AMD MOD for M401/M402 using PTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomwiser

Jan 27, 2010
Maryland
Ok, the m401/402 is great for dripping(the pre-filled carts pretty much suck.) but if your tired of dripping every 15 hits this is the way to go...

I call this the M401 Auto Drip Mod... don't know if anyone else has tried something like this:confused:

Step1: Take a used pre-filled or blank cart(as long as it still has the mini e-juice component that goes inside the mouth piece) ,take a bent paperclip stick it through the hole on the mouthpiece and pop the little sucker out.

Step2: Get clean the mouthpiece out with a q-tip or paper towel, and clean off any liquid on the small e-juice holder, with the paperclip stick it in to the nasty manufacturer foam/padding and pull that crap out, you should clean the inside of the very small piece that holds the liquid, with a q-tip or twisted paper towel.

Step3: Now that everything is clean you are ready to take a small rolled up piece of ptb (the nylon mesh kind) if you dont know what PTB means by now you probably shouldn't be reading this... anyways open up the tea bag dump the stuff out(or use it to make some nice ice tea), sometimes I feel sorry for wasting all of that tea, just think about how much tea you would have if all the e-vapor's around the world saved their excess tea leaves from the various PTB methods they have tried and came to one location... MEGA TEA PARTY!!! :)

Step4: I'm going to assume everyone knows how to cut off the edge's of the tea bag to leave you with a strip of nylon mesh, from previous threads or videos. It should be about 4 inches long and 2 inches wide this is enough to fill a good 8 or so carts. Now there are two different size carts for the m401/402 small and XL, the XL has the same size mouthpiece but the cart inside is longer by mabye 3mm at most. It doesn't really matter which one you have but im using the regular cart.

Step5: Now cut a 2 inch long by 2/3rds width strip of PTB roll it up on a toothpick or something similar, it should be small enough to fit it to the cartridge. Now push the rolled up piece of TB to the bottom of the cart and simply cut off any the excess so that it is flush with the top of the cart. There's really nothing tricky to this at all, no folds, frays, or cuts. All you should be left with is the tiny little e-juice holder with a small rolled up piece of PTB in it that goes into the cart mouthpiece.

Final step: Take your favorite e-juice and drop it on top of the rolled tea bag in the cart until its fully saturated, then push the cart to the bottom of the mouthpiece and your done, easy.(you may want to clean your atomizer if its old or flooded) The reason why this works is because the e-juice holder is so small and therefore the liquid does not leak out all at once, it just constantly wicks juice onto the atty's bridge till its dry. Let me know how this works for you, so far its been working great in my m401. It's nice to have for a short car ride instead of trying to drop e-juice onto your atomizer at every stoplight:D , hope this works for you if you have any questions just ask...

Last edited:

Darth Bill

Apr 7, 2010
Phoenix
Essentially this looks the same as the PTB mod I've seen but appears to use a lot less material. Does that allow for more juice? I've tried using the whole PTB, folding it in half and cutting off the excess (even shredding it a little). This mods tastes great and produces great vapor but is not holding much juice at a time (about 8 drops).

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Yes, I was wondering about this too. I've used factory pre-PTB modded XL cartridges, and liked them overall, but their capacity over a standard size cartridge was only about 3 more drops of e-liquid. Mind you, that small improvement is a big one for these little devils, but I still end up just dripping more e-liquid into the same cartridge throughout my day despite that. A full PTB XL cartridge for an m402 will last me about a 45 minute commute drive, but definitely no longer than that! Still, that is not bad, but if these allows for more capacity than that without a significant leak performance difference, that would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread