Am I Just Unlucky...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaa

Jan 29, 2010
london
Firstly, hello all!

I've been vaping for several years. Started with some kind of ancient cig-style, didn't work - it ended up languishing in a drawer for a few years and I went back on the analogues.

Then I decided to give vaping a proper go again - bought a Kayfun 3.1 HCigar clone and a Semovar.

The kayfun clone started to seize up worse and worse after a few months and the fill port never worked, but I assumed this was because it was a clone.

The semovar (which was genuine) started to fail once or twice day after about 6 months. Eventually, while cleaning, I lost the button which belonged to the semovar. I cannot find a replacement anywhere online or in any stores. I wrote to svoe-mesto twice asking if one was available and never heard back.

I thought it was time to replace all of my kit and got a genuine Kayfun 4 and a genuine ProVari 3 ago thinking they would be incredibly reliable and replacement parts would be easily available.

After a month of use (very careful use - no dropping or anything), the Provari has broken - I now have to fiddle with the connection pin 5 or 6 times an hour to keep it working. Apparently I have to send the p3, shipped and insured at my own expense, one of my batteries, and my Kayfun to America (I am in UK) for up to 6 weeks with no guarantee of a fix.

The kayfun is very wobbly and has been since I first got it - when holding the bottom of the Kayfun perfectly still, the top moves by as much as 3mm with a very gentle push.

So - am I just unlucky? Has anyone got a p3 and had no problems with it? Has anyone had a kayfun4 that doesn't wobble? Has anyone got a spare semovar button?! And does anyone have any suggestions for what to do with the p3? Can't afford to ship it and my kayfun to America or buy a spare (my semovar was meant to be my spare when I fixed it but that doesn't look likely).. So I am sitting here with two of the 'best' mods in the world, neither of which work.. Wreathed in stinky cigarette smoke :(

chav

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2014
Virginia
I purchased my p3 the week it was released and I haven't had any single issue with it, I had a connection pin issue with my provari mini, I had to send it in with the tank to get it fixed, and yes it took about 6 weeks :( it sucks but it will get fixed, and they pay to ship it back. Sounds like you got a bad draw on this one though

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I don't know what to say really.

You should send both mods in for repair if you can and hope for some sort of result. Why Provape want to see your Kayfun, I'm not sure I understand.

No disrespect to your terrible predicament, but maybe you can make do with something cheap and keep your fingers crossed. Mods do break, and you bought expensive trusting you'd get help/service/repair. If you don't get these things, you need to kick up a fuss on forums (this one) and certainly in the UK. The Semovar report is particularly worrying - maybe some pushing on this one is in order... some companies do tend to ignore emails. Start kicking up some dust on a few forums and you might just attract attention. (I don't know)...

blaa

Jan 29, 2010
london
Thanks for the sympathies fellow vapers!

To be honest, the worst part of this all is UKecigstore's customer service.

Bought the P3 from them because, as the pushy salesperson explained repeatedly, it came with a year's warranty and if I had any problems they would fix it quickly or replace it immediately, in-store, in London, where I live. Called them up when it broke, explained my problem exactly, they told me to come in and confirmed they would replace it immediately.

I took half a day off work to do this. But when I got there, they told me they would NOT replace it, fix it, or give me a refund, and that everything they had told me at point of sale and on the phone had not been true, 'sorry', and that I was on my own, and could contact ProVape myself, who in turn told me to send it to America, at great expense, with my Kayfun and a battery (!?), for up to 6 weeks.

Some customer service! I ask them for their most reliable product, pay through the nose for it, it breaks after 1 month.. And to fix it I have to send it to the other side of the world at great expense, along with the rest of my vape gear made by other companies, for 1.5 months... Despite buying it from them because they promised exactly the opposite.. Pretty shocking IMHO.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
The 3.1 (especially clones) is notorious for the fill hole leaking. Mine didn't work from the start. You can plug the hole and top fill it. There are youtube videos showing how to do this. It's not an elegant solution and I finally boxed mine up and put it away just in case. The Kayfun lite (any version) is a much better device IMO.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome blaa :)

Sadly, you aren't the only one that has had problems with UKecigstore's customer service :(

I banned them from AAE-C UK & due to their dreadful customer service & I know they have been banned from another UK forum for different reasons.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
odd... Provari normally has a no questions asked policy on repairs... and an HCigar KF3.1? one of the best clones out there for KF... Ive had mine ( Hcigar) for better than a year and no issues... ( I use the metal tank tho)

and I prefer the SVD.... afordable and well made, no issues as of yet ( its 18 months old and beat all to hell)

blaa

Jan 29, 2010
london
I'd love to get a cheap spare.. Unfortunately I have very very little spare cash at the moment. Now after taking a half-day off work because I was promised a fix for my p3, and then having to pay for a taxi into work because my 'immediate replacement' turned into a 1.5 hour unsuccessful argument which made me late.. I have precisely none :( Also, my SO is pretty skeptical about buying yet more e-cigarette gear, reasonably so after watching me sink ~£400 into a bunch of kit a month ago which is now already a shiny paperweight..

P.S. thanks for all the kind words - you guys are lovely - I should have started posting sooner! Haha..
P.P.S. good idea Hitmetwice - I have emailed Provape twice about this and still waiting to hear back. When they reply I will try and emphasise that point.
P.P.P.S. Bunnykiller - what's an SVD?

Last edited:

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
AND you can't send batteries by post to the US, apart from the fact they don't need it and much less your TANK!

In passing, where can I get a replacement tank for an HC pleeeeze ??? I broke the damned glass washing it, before use!

But I'm worried, as I'm about to buy Semovars for me and my mate, and now, well, you do seem exceptionally unlucky, but it does surprise me...

You really do need to start SHOUTING at both Provape and Svoemesto as they're reputedly good for after sales care.
SHOUT!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread