Am I experiencing vapers tongue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroclue

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Barnsley, UK
The strange thing about vapors tongue for me is that I can still taste food, but when I vape I can't taste sweet flavours, instead I taste a plastic unpleasant flavour that I assume is normally in the juice but is masked by sweetness.

I've had vapors tongue twice and they were both caused from dry hits, which leads me to believe that vapor's tongue is caused by some sort of chemical burn on your taste buds.

Either way, I find a good nights rest usually clears up the problem. I haven't had the issue go away by trying to kick start my taste buds with extreme flavors.

I had the same thing using my 510 atomizer for the first time. Had a couple of draws from it, then it tasted a little weird but I didn't know what it was and took another draw...yup it was burnt! Then all 5 of my clearos with various juice had the same scotch tape thing going on. I kept forcing them on my OH to test! Was scared it was burnt and didn't want to vape incase it was contaminated with plastic.

all was fine within 48 hours :D

DisKid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Bridgeport, CT, USA
I got dry mouth, chapped lips, and my tongue hurts..... Is that "Vaper's Tongue"?

Why didn't you guys warn me? :( hahaha... oh well. If this is normal then I think we need a sticky in the new members forum with a heads up this might happen and why.

I'm curious as to what's causing it physiologically.

EDIT - I found the thread with a list of things that might happen but I still think a post about drinking a lot of water would probably be a good idea.

Last edited:

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA
I'm curious as to what's causing it physiologically.

The first time I stopped smoking without vaping, I noticed that my mouth was much more sensitive. I asked my dentist about it and she said that nicotine has a subtle numbing affect on your mouth and actually produces a thin coating of all oral tissues. That makes plausible because smokers often claim that food tastes better when they quit smoking.

In our attempt to get the nicotine we are missing from cigarettes, many of us vape more than we smoked. In turn, we may simply reach that unknown threshold were there is a kind of numbness toward certain tastes.

I'm not a doctor, but I could have been.

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Complete speculation warning:

A lot of people seem to report that the sweet tastes are particularly dulled, and that it carries across to all / most other liquids. I reckon it could be the brain desensitising itself to the taste of PG / VG temporarily. At least in part, anyway.

And it's no bloody fun... Everything just tastes *weird*.

DisKid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Bridgeport, CT, USA
The first time I stopped smoking without vaping, I noticed that my mouth was much more sensitive. I asked my dentist about it and she said that nicotine has a subtle numbing affect on your mouth and actually produces a thin coating of all oral tissues. That makes plausible because smokers often claim that food tastes better when they quit smoking.

In our attempt to get the nicotine we are missing from cigarettes, many of us vape more than we smoked. In turn, we may simply reach that unknown threshold were there is a kind of numbness toward certain tastes.

I'm not a doctor, but I could have been.

I quit cigs for 2 years before and didn't get chapped lips, cotton mouth or a painful tongue..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread