always maxed out at 8.3w??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjonquilx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
FL
Forgive me for this if it's a mathematical error on my part... I'm not really much of a calculator.

My Evic only goes up to 8.3w even if my coil is 3ohm. I use 2000mah batteries. At 8.3w, it shows a voltage close to 5v, which is the normal max for it in VV mode. I just can't figure out though why everywhere I read the max should be 11w, especially considering a few days ago it DID go up to 11w for me, and then later defaulted back to 8.3w and has refused to go any higher since.

Please understand I'm coming from APVs that always maxed out at 15w no matter what battery or atty I was using. And at 8.3w on the Evic, it makes plenty of vapor, but I'm still puzzled as to why there's such a big difference in the settings compared to other APVs.

Anyone have some enlightenment to shed on this????

jb007gd

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
C-town, Ohio
The eVic is electronically limited to a 5 volt output maximum. It originally was supposed to go higher but was limited (in software version 1.1 I think) to 5v. It was limited after the manufacturer discovered that hardware limitations prevented the device from pushing more than 5 volts.

That's the story I heard anyway. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

xjonquilx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
FL
The eVic is electronically limited to a 5 volt output maximum. It originally was supposed to go higher but was limited (in software version 1.1 I think) to 5v. It was limited after the manufacturer discovered that hardware limitations prevented the device from pushing more than 5 volts.

That's the story I heard anyway. :)

Why are all the sites saying it goes up to 11w then? o_O I understand the 5v limitation... just don't understand how that translates in to 8.3w being the max in VW mode.

xjonquilx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
FL
Ohm's Law.

Is the device you're using it with 3ohms by chance?

5v @ 3ohms = ~8.3W

Ohm's Law Calculator

If you use a lower resistance device, you're more likely to get a higher wattage out of it.

I figured it was that... I haven't got all the formulas down for conversion yet, thus the "I'm not much of a calculator" comment. Thanks! I'm bookmarking that link, too... it can come in handy in the future.

xjonquilx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
FL
And you know what? I think it went up to 11w when my coil was going bad so the ohms were going down.... LOL. Wish it had dawned on me then what was going on! :p I haven't been in on the VW game for very long, though... mostly used VV in the past. Actually switched this BACK to VV tonight because the whole VW thing was driving me bonkers. :-/

jb007gd

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
C-town, Ohio
I don't normally vape over 7w myself, but it is nice to know I can kick the evic up to 11w if I decide to run the RSST on it. I coil the RSST for 1.4ohms.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but how do you like your RSST? I keep vacillating on whether or not I want to buy one. I usually have an eVic or ProTank on top.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I don't mean to hijack this thread but how do you like your RSST? I keep vacillating on whether or not I want to buy one. I usually have an eVic or ProTank on top.

RSST is nice for a warmer vape. Desert type liquids seem much more pronounced in flavor. Nice tank for beginners too.

xjonquilx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
FL

$T2eC16R,!ygE9s7HJGyjBQWwLe1-DQ~~60_35.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread