Always having taste problems when using Atomizers. Same problem with Tank system

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfetaz

Aug 17, 2010
New Jersey
When I first started using E cigs I got a 510 kit with atomizers and cartridges, but everytime I would try to use them I would have issues with the primer fluid tasting nasty and I could not seem to get it out, so for the longest time I used cartomizers. Recently I ordered the Ego Tank system from Cignot. I noticed it also had primer fluid in the atomizer. I blew out the atomizer as much as I could, dropped 2 drips into the end of the atty and took some non inhaled hits. Since then I have been using the tank system for a few hours now with my 900mah Ego. It still tastes funky as hell to me. Granted the watermelon frost juice I have been using with my Cartos hasn't been that great a flavor to begin with, but with the tank system it really tastes way off. The ejuice is definitly being used as I see that there is less as I continue to vape, but the taste is awful. What could it be? Is there something I am missing when it comes to removing all the primer? Is it possible I burned the wick in the atty trying to get out all the primer and by doing so it will always taste terrible now? I only have 1 tank atty to use at the moment. The juice I am using was custom ordered from bombdropsvapor.com, requesting flavors of Watermelon and Menthol, with 60% VG and 40% PG. I find with the cartos there is not enough of the sweetness I have had with other flavors and too much menthol, but with the tank its just plain dirt nasty.

Last edited:

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
no experience with the tank system, but did you reprime the atty before use? It might still be "dry". I normally drip with my ego/510 atties and after blowing out/cleaning it takes 6 or so drops instead of 3 to get it functioning right. a dry wick doesn't wick well, might try adding a couple drops directly into the atty before inserting the "tank".

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
i've never tried the tank either.. so I can only base my answers on my experience with normal attys and PRIMER... and CARTOS... so keep that in mind. However.. it normally takes me almost an hour to get the primer taste out of a new atty. It just permeates the whole thing, and taints every vape. I drip tho, so there is no filler or other stuff to complicate things. On the cartos and taste of juice.. I have tried almost every type of carto, and the Mega Ego cartos I can tolerate the best. BUT.. it does change the taste of the juice. I will only use one flavor of juice with a carto, because I get such a different twist to the flavor of the juice.
Perhaps you are experiencing the same thing with your cartos? Are you sensitive to different nuances?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Here's how I break in my fresh new Atty's, bag that drip stuff, I fill mine up with the juice im gonna use, I let em sir a little bit with a condom on the batt end so I don't waste any of the juice running out, sometimes I let em sit over night but that's not necessary, let it sit for a half hour , then put that juice into something like maybe your ego tank, then fire your atty and vape, if you burn that wick even just a little bit on an atty before it is soaked it will never be right, try this next time, I swear by it and break every Atty in this way, I did a thread on it a ways back, but just blow out the Atty save that juice because you can use it, blow out any primer first of course but try this on you next Atty and see what happens and how it works for ya

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Here's how I break in my fresh new Atty's, bag that drip stuff, I fill mine up with the juice im gonna use, I let em sir a little bit with a condom on the batt end so I don't waste any of the juice running out, sometimes I let em sit over night but that's not necessary, let it sit for a half hour , then put that juice into something like maybe your ego tank, then fire your atty and vape, if you burn that wick even just a little bit on an atty before it is soaked it will never be right, try this next time, I swear by it and break every Atty in this way, I did a thread on it a ways back, but just blow out the Atty save that juice because you can use it, blow out any primer first of course but try this on you next Atty and see what happens and how it works for ya

Explain that again please??

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
ATTY'S do seem to hold a fair amount of juice by themselves, so if you change flavors it may take awhile before the new flavors come thru because you will vape what was left in the atty before the new flavor gets there.
On the Ego-T the atty seems to hold even more juice in it, so Vape thru it or blow it out and put the T-cart back on and let it soak for 10 min's or so to let the new flavor soak the atty again. Hope that helps.

DropEmCigs

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
EU, Copenhagen®
It still tastes funky as hell to me. Granted the watermelon frost juice I have been using with my Cartos hasn't been that great a flavor to begin with, but with the tank system it really tastes way off. The ejuice is definitly being used as I see that there is less as I continue to vape, but the taste is awful. What could it be? Is there something I am missing when it comes to removing all the primer? Is it possible I burned the wick in the atty trying to get out all the primer and by doing so it will always taste terrible now?
Hi sfetaz. How unlucky can one get..... :(

I use the tank system myself. It's not a fountain of subtle notes from the juice being used, but it's quite nice even though :)

There are some troubleshooting guides lying around, posted to others that have a Tank issue. You have done the right thing, though, blowing out the atty.

One thing that has not been mentioned very often is that the exterior of the unit may need some cleaning. I have an eGo set, and have noticed that the cone (still) smells ugly. I think that it comes from "cutting oil" which is used for making the threads e.t.c. Use a small amount of warm water, with 1 drop of detergent in it, and then use a wringed cloth to clean the unit. Special care in the inside cavity of the atty and in the battery cavity (use a moist swab). Afterwards, use a dry cloth/napkin to dry the unit.
All air that you take in has to pass the battery connection and the atty cavity.
Have yet to have the experience, but I've read that a burned wick can ruin the atty taste more or less permanently. So it's not adviseable to do too much "dry burning". Settle with the "dry".

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread