Alternative methods for consuming E Liquid? (Prepping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffBass

Oct 1, 2021
Hello. Have a question I couldn't find online. Im into preparedness and Im interested in alternative ways to consume E liquid, notably without electricity. I know consuming the liquid by mouth is a death sentence so that's a no go..

I was thinking if you had a glass pipe with an oil rig set-up and a blowtorch is it possible to vaporize the liquid that way? If you measured out a small safe amount? Otherwise is there another way to heat the liquid, maybe in a freebase fashion, and consume the liquid that way?

Prefer to continue to vape using the juice I have, rather than smoke, in the hypothetical case of a long term grid-down scenario. Im aware solar power is an option to charge batteries ect. and that will be my go-to. However if all my mods break Im wondering if there's any way to use the eliquid.

• Optimistic
Reactions: HigherStateD

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've seen recommendations about dropping juice on mints, then you can let them dissolve in your mouth just like nic lozenges. Or soaking it into toothpicks and sucking on them. It's not good to drink it, nic can be absorbed just fine in the mouth though. I don't have links but you should be able to find the info by searching on ECF.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I know consuming the liquid by mouth is a death sentence so that's a no go.
I've used a drop or two of lower nic liquid on my tongue a number of times when vaping isn't possible or available. No death so far as I can tell. Once the nic liquid hits the tissues in your mouth, it's easily absorbed and effective.

If I was in a position without power or batteries I would be using a couple drops of 9mg to get my nic as needed. Just a bottle in my pocket as I forage for food in the post-apocalyptic world.:thumbs:

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2019
North-Central PA (flyover country)
1. Get some mechanical mods.

2. You could put saturated cotton in a spoon and hold it over a candle.

3. What 440BB said.

4. Something like this:
solar-concentrator_bigger.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: HigherStateD

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Back in the olden days I vaped on a mod that took CR123a camera batteries and had 510 atties. I'd go through those batteries pretty quickly and they weren't cheap, but they gave a decent vape for the times. When I said mod, it was a true mod, somebody built it, and I bought it from them. I'm sure plans for such a mod can be found online. It was essentially a tube with a switch and a 510 connector. I just don't think those old atties can be bought anymore, but it could run a 1 ohm or higher tank, I'd guess.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I know consuming the liquid by mouth is a death sentence so that's a no go..

False. Unless you mean 100mg strength (which still won't likely kill you, rather make you feel icky).

The answer to your non-electric means of nic delivery is easy: 1 or 2 sublingual drops of 12mg or less. This is nothing new. You can also make nicotine toothpicks.

I was thinking if you had a glass pipe with an oil rig set-up and a blowtorch is it possible to vaporize the liquid that way?

Very bad idea. You will easily cook/burn the VG and PG, not vaporize it, and that would be toxic to you. Not to mention you would likely "kill" the nic anyhow.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Prefer to continue to vape using the juice I have, rather than smoke, in the hypothetical case of a long term grid-down scenario. Im aware solar power is an option to charge batteries ect. and that will be my go-to. However if all my mods break Im wondering if there's any way to use the eliquid.

1. The eGo batteries mentioned above, that come with a USB cable to recharge them...are still readily available from some US vendors. I've gotten about a dozen for myself and 3 friends to have on hand.

2. If you have a vehicle with a built-in cigarette lighter in it...you can buy and use an Innokin DRV Kit. The cord for it plugs into the lighter socket and the unit has variable voltage settings. A clearomizer or other small tank is then attached into the 510 connection on the unit. I have 4 of those purchased from US vendors in the last few years. Of course, you can only use them in the vehicle or just outside of it, since the cord isn't very long. I've just recently run across a vendor who still has some In Stock.

3. You could always buy a fairly small, gas-powered generator to recharge mods with internal batteries, and/or 18650 or other batteries in a battery charger. Many of us here in Florida already have a generator as part of being prepared for hurricane season each year. Most that we use for that purpose are bigger, more expensive ones than you'd need. Smaller, less expensive ones are available though.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    Hello. Have a question I couldn't find online. Im into preparedness and Im interested in alternative ways to consume E liquid, notably without electricity. I know consuming the liquid by mouth is a death sentence so that's a no go..

I was thinking if you had a glass pipe with an oil rig set-up and a blowtorch is it possible to vaporize the liquid that way? If you measured out a small safe amount? Otherwise is there another way to heat the liquid, maybe in a freebase fashion, and consume the liquid that way?

WHen I was still traveling I used to put a drop or two of my 6 mg/ml on a finger and rub it on my gums. Just mix your regular strength stuff and try it. Also you can put a few drops on a small piece of napkin and tuck it between your cheek and gum, easy peasy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread