Almost got scammed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticalNyte

Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Maine, United States
Greetings all,

I was looking at purchasing a Joytech eVic recently after lots of research upon upgrading my starter build and decided on said device with a "Top 3" list in case the eVic didn't fall through.

Browsing Feebay I came across a eVic I liked with a Kanger ProTank 3. The description says it's "authentic". Hmm, ok. Great price as well.

Sat on it a couple of days to see if other people bought one because the seller has quite a few in stock. A few of them sold and I thought it must be a good value for the money.

When the time came, I messaged the seller to ask a few questions like: Is this a eVic starter kit (the pic posted only showed the device and PT3)? He replied yes. Does he offer expedited shipping for an extra fee. Yes to both. And finally, does the starter kit come with a security code and serial number- because 1. If the package box for joyetech eRoll or eVic has no serial number pasted, the product may be counterfeit, or those Not for Sell, such as test samples. joyetech couldn’t provide warranty and after-sales service without verification of serial number and security code. Please reject or return it to the supplier for the starter kits without such label. And 2. From June 1st, 2013, if the serial number and security code can’t be provided, joyetech will no longer directly support the after-sales service and warranty. Plus, you cannot upgrade the firmware, too. So, I wanted all my bases covered.

Strangely, my last question went unanswered. I replied back saying thanks for answering all my questions so quickly but I believe the last one was accidentally overlooked. He replied back and said it was "accidentally overlooked" and no, the box does not come with a serial number-which was NOT stated in the description of the auction ANYWHERE and did not message him back or buy what he was auctioning off.

So, it pays to ask all kinds of questions to make sure you are getting a genuine product you're paying for and not get scammed.

And by the way, I settled on my number two of my "TOP 3" upgrade, an Innokin SVD, from the Classified here from graysale(the seller).

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Good catch, but I will just say that a little while ago there was a big hoo-har all about Joytech and their suppliers. Basically Joytech told all of them that they had to sell their products for a certain price, or they would be withdrawn from the 'Authorized Vendors' list.

I don't know if that happened with your vendor, but it's possible, especially if they were selling the EVIC below this MRP. I know several vendors that increased their prices on the Evic from around $70 to $100 overnight.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
FleeseBAY? Yup...and good luck getting a RMA if you get a box with a brick in it or whatever

Guess where he got his Joytech eVic to resell from?

http://www.dhgate.com/product/elect...nal-joyetech/169087829.html#s1-5-1|1240881615

in fact type in any "reseller" item on DHGate or Alibaba...tada...now you can see what the guy's profit is for being an extension of the Chinese market

Heck..even from FT
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1375005-joyetech-evic-mod-kit

FT is like (Walmart) compared to DHGate or Alibaba (SAMS) but you see what the middleman does to prices...So you get to pay for the "convenience" of getting items they ordered a month ago rather than wait...(sometimes the few bucks IS worth it...but for me...I can wait)

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Buy from respected vendors and check the forums for those who have done business with a certain vendor. Sometimes, it pays to know that they will respond to your emails and provide warranty service and answer your questions about the product.

Good catch on the Ebay vendor. I order quite a few electronics based products and repair parts from Ebay and have been happy with the service. There are lots of knockoffs floating around, though. You have to ask them pointed questions sometimes. If they don't respond it's time to move on to one that will. Silence speaks volumes.

MysticalNyte

Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Maine, United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread