Allergy Attacks ! Please help (sorta gross too )

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayadevi

Oct 25, 2010
tampa
OK, so when I first started vapeing I was on a cabinet full of meds to take care of life threatening allergic reation to pesticide. I blamed the "medicine head" and the nausea on that.

I got off most of those drugs and was taking Omega three fish oil, and Zinc. Three times now, I've almost passed out and found myself on the floor jet-pucking. So I cut out the fish oil and immediately felt better. The fish oil ingrediants are :anchovy, sardine, soy, natural mixed tocopherols, purified water and Gelatin Glycerine.

I had a bad day, and smoked a pack of analogs, and forgot to Vape, and felt even better :(

I'm vapeing 50vg/50pg or 80vg/20pg. I'm getting "medicine head", and a feeling like my head is filling up with water and vertigo, and really severe nausua, so I've stopped vapeing for now *sniffles*

Can anyone give hints on what to do here ? Where does Gelatin Gycerine fit into the PG/VG mix? I'm allergic to citrus and citric acid, is there anyway to find out from vendors what flavors might have these ?

I'd like to not spend another 800usd on doctors but I really need to keep vapeing so I can quit smoking ! It was helping ! It's more fun and less messy too !

Do I have to get new atomizers to test 100 percent pure VG and PG to see which I am allergic to ? or can the ones I have be washed? Also, I heard that some 100 percent VG liquids might not be, does anyone know if this is true for vaporbomb, I've been buying most of my e-liquid there.

Thanks in advance !

Mayadevi ( who think sshe is gonna have a lot of liquid to trade or give away soon)

coreyb

Dec 8, 2010
Socorro, NM
Well, VG is vegetable glycerin and PG is propylene glycol. Sorry about my ignorance, but it appears that glycerin is glycerin, regardless of the source. I'm only going from Wikipedia on this one (Glycerol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), so I may be wrong. That does appear to be the common ingredient here, between your fish oil and the VG. Can someone who is more of a chemistry type help this person?

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
From what I've researched, fish oil capsules contain glycerin and gelatin, not gelatin glycerin. Those are two different substances, not one.

Vegetable Glycerine is a clear, colorless, and odorless liquid with a sweet taste having the consistency of thick syrup. It is used as an agent in cosmetics, toothpaste, shampoos, soaps, herbal remedies, pharmaceuticals, and other household items.

I would say chances are if you're allergic to VG, then other common items would be giving you similar symptoms. Propylene Glycol is a different substance, but also used in some of the same applications as VG.

Some of the flavorings used have PG in them. There are some that are 100%VG. You should be able to e-mail the folks at VaporBomb and ask them if they use any flavorings that don't contain PG. If you're only allergic to citrus, then don't order flavors that are citrus flavored. You can also get a list of the ingredients used in flavorings from the sites that sell flavorings such as The Perfumer's Apprentice, Lorann's, Cappela's and FlavorArt.

As far as the atomizers are concerned, you can just give them a really good rinsing and drying to get rid of any juice in them. A soak in some 91% Isopropyl Alcohol probably wouldn't hurt, either. Just make sure that the atomizers are allowed to dry overnight before using them again.

How high is the nic level that you're vaping? You also need to make sure that you're drinking plenty of water.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
This is my guess at the problem....the VG (made from vegetables) is what you're allergic too. Try a higher PG ratio to the VG. Some vendors can make it 90/10 PG/VG. I have just the opposite problem. I can't vape high amounts of PG. Makes me itchy. No you don't need to change atty's to test your reactions. Just wash them out good, let them dry completely, and reload. Make sure you clean your carts good unless you're dripping. I hope you figure out what it is and can get back to vaping something that doesn't make you sick.

mayadevi

Oct 25, 2010
tampa

Thanks folks !

Grifter - I don't think I'm allergic to the fish oil, unless I'm allergic to anchovy or sardines specifically. I do eat alot of salmon, and tuna sushi, and had some on Thursday, it didn't make my head any more "swoopy".

Hairball - I hope I can get back to vaping too ! I've tried a few hits and it was like , "yup, still makesme sick " :( Thanks for lettign me know i don't have to buy new carts and attys !

Women of Heart - I was confused about the Gelatin Glycerine too, so i copied what it said on the label, lol. As far as I knew they were two different things. So i was hoping someone woudl fill me in there. I DO have alot of problems with Shampoos and conditioners, so many that I only use Ivory soap and often make my OWN shampoo and conditioner because it's just easier. I wasn't sure what level to vape and smoked about a pack a day, or up to a pack and a half, so I was starting the morning with 30MG and sort of working my way down from there. like 30mg for my morning and after dinner vape and 24 -18mg, the rest of the day depending on how much I would be vaping.
I'll look at those sites and see if I can find some flavorings the have no citrus in them and ask Vapourbomb to not give me anythign with citrus.

I drink about 2-3 liters of water a day and I think that's alot ! (Learned to be careful about that, lived in a place people would pass out from dehydration in the summer)

I was going to order 100 percent Vg, and another 100 pg and see which one made me sick, with my husband standing by just in case I got really sick, lol. I don't know what I'll do if they both make me sick.

I was looking forward to mixing my own e-liquid but it might happen MUCH faster now !

Mayadevi

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Mayadevi,

I am so sorry to hear of the difficulties you are having, wow! Please make sure your husband is nearby when you try to sort out the vg/pg dilemma for your own safety.

I would definitely recommend contacting any and all juice suppliers in the future before placing an order with them. Only they know for sure what is in them and how they are mixing. Vaperite has some organic juices you may want to inquire about. I've spoken with him by phone this week pertaining to an order I placed and he was just as nice as can be and took the time to answer my questions. I have an issue (I believe) with PG, and he seemed really concerned and wanted to talk about it with me. That was indeed impressive in my book. Give him a shout and run all of this by him, see what he says or if he can help you in some way.

I sure hope you get this sorted out and can happily return to vaping soon!~ Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread