Allergic reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamjustin

Mar 24, 2016
hi, I really need some advice.

I'm currently vaping Wick Liquor 80/20 after upgrading to a more powerful unit. I had been vaping tootin juice 50/50.

I developed a very sore throat and halitosis when on tootin juice fire cracker so bought a cheap oil from the local shop - and had absolutely no problems. I thought it was a reaction to the flavours etc in the tootin juice?

However since upgrading to the 80/20, the halitosis has gone but the sore throat is on its way back.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. I'm wondering if you can buy oil without pg or vg?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
What nic mg/ml are you using?
80 pg 20 vg or the other way around?

What do you mean by "upgrading to a more powerful unit"?
From cigalike to sub ohm tank with high watt power device? Or.
Most folks reduce their nic level considerably when using subohm high watt devices.
Do you drink plenty of water?

Most decent vendors offer customers the choice of pg/vg ratio. It can be almost any ratio you chose.

Vaping "oil" or oil based flavorings is a bad idea.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

I'm currently vaping Wick Liquor 80/20 after upgrading to a more powerful unit. I had been vaping tootin juice 50/50.

I developed a very sore throat and halitosis when on tootin juice fire cracker so bought a cheap oil from the local shop - and had absolutely no problems. I thought it was a reaction to the flavours etc in the tootin juice?

However since upgrading to the 80/20, the halitosis has gone but the sore throat is on its way back.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. I'm wondering if you can buy oil without pg or vg?

if you double your wattage you need to drop your nicotine strength by half.

chinacatsunflower-

Feb 23, 2016

80/20 VG to PG or PG to VG? PG is rougher on your throat and could cause your throat to be substantially more irritated, especially after quitting cigarettes (side effect of quitting) and adjusting to a new form of nicotine delivery. I've never heard of vaping causing halitosis.

You can buy juice at 100% either PG or VG but there are down sides to doing so. With 100% VG, the juice is then more prone to growing bacteria and being unsafe for vaporizing as PG is an anti-bacterial and increases the shelf life of juice, the juice also won't have much flavor since PG is what allows the flavor to come through. 100% PG, I've never tried it but I would imagine it would be absolute hell for your throat, the kind of throat hit where your throat feels like it's on fire... but that's from someone who can't handle 50/50 VG to PG, also there would be virtually no cloud production.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

My personal opinion is when upgrading to a more powerful you should lower your nicotine level due to that fact you get much more vaper. On the sore throat it sounds like lack of hydration and vaping too much. But if you if you have continued discomfort seek medical help or advice and do not depend on the Internet for answers concerning health issues.

Good Luck and happy vaping....... :thumbs:

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
What is the nicotine level that you are using? What level of nicotine did you use before upgrading? My daughter and I started out with 18 mg nicotine and cigalikes. When we switched to Kanger Evods (650 mah batteries), she stayed at 18 mg nicotine, and after a couple of weeks I switched to 12 mg nicotine. When my daughter and her boyfriend upgraded my battery to an Innokin CoolFire IV for Christmas, she was advised by our local vape shop to lower the nicotine of the eliquid that they also got me for Christmas. I now happily vape at 6 mg nicotine.

What equipment were you using before, and what did you upgrade to? When my daughter and I were using cigalikes, 18 mg nicotine with higher pg was great with the cartomizers. When we upgraded to Kanger Evod 650 mah battery setups, high pg was way too harsh, and we wound up switching to 50/50 pg/vg.

Are you chain vaping (just like chain smoking, only with an ecig)? I tend to chain vape, just like I chain smoked, when under stress - and believe me, the stress level is rather high in our household right now. I have managed, several times, to wake up with a scratchy throat after chain vaping half the night. Part of that is due to chain vaping, and part is due to not drinking enough non-caffeinated beverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread