Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Ill add my :2c:. I like it but its not without its faults.

1. Drip well is to small. Can not fit a ce4 without using an adapter. With that being said. Its a real beast to clean out when my old school good for leaking vision stone 3 leaks all over the place. Took like 5 minutes of dabbing paper towel sheets in it.

Head to your local dollar store and buy a box of cotton swabs/Q-tips. They's be $.99 for a couple of hundred. Even at a regular store, they're cheap. A box of 625 CVS swabs is $3.99 (unless you get them during a buy one-get one sale.) It is much easier to swab out connectors and drip wells with them than it is with a tissue or paper towel.

You can also cut off the heads and keep them in a container. When filling a Vivi Nova-type tank, you can sit the head in the top of the tank and keep liquid from getting down the center or dab off any that collects there. (I only buy ones with cardboard sticks because my parrots love playing with them -- but can't have the fluffy cotton. The heads go in one jar and the sticks in another.)

As far as the Groove is concerned -- anyone know the weight? Obviously anything with a 3800mAh battery won't be a featherweight but I'd love it if it were lighter than the MVP.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Its 4 1/4 oz with a full battery and nothing on it.
I keep q-tips on my desk at all times but it wont fit. I would be willing to bet just the stick on the q-tip would be a tight fit by itself, if it would fit at all. The CE4's (Stardust) I have wont fit but the CE5 I have does. Its just a tight fit.
Head to your local dollar store and buy a box of cotton swabs/Q-tips. They's be $.99 for a couple of hundred. Even at a regular store, they're cheap. A box of 625 CVS swabs is $3.99 (unless you get them during a buy one-get one sale.) It is much easier to swab out connectors and drip wells with them than it is with a tissue or paper towel.

You can also cut off the heads and keep them in a container. When filling a Vivi Nova-type tank, you can sit the head in the top of the tank and keep liquid from getting down the center or dab off any that collects there. (I only buy ones with cardboard sticks because my parrots love playing with them -- but can't have the fluffy cotton. The heads go in one jar and the sticks in another.)

As far as the Groove is concerned -- anyone know the weight? Obviously anything with a 3800mAh battery won't be a featherweight but I'd love it if it were lighter than the MVP.

nathkiira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
TN, USA
Its 4 1/4 oz with a full battery and nothing on it.
I keep q-tips on my desk at all times but it wont fit. I would be willing to bet just the stick on the q-tip would be a tight fit by itself, if it would fit at all. The CE4's (Stardust) I have wont fit but the CE5 I have does. Its just a tight fit.

i do the "twist the crap out of a q-tip end to make a fine point" .. wicks juice up in tight spaces.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
UPDATE* mu groove stopped working after less than two weeks of use. hoosiers is replacing it under warranty but I am a little leery the same thing will happen again. just thought I would let prospective buyers know!

All electronics can potentially die before their time... just because you have had one doesn't alone, make it an indication of what other people are experiencing... I'd suggest that you get your unit replaced under warranty and quit trying to spread concern when none may not exist. If there are a bunch of issues... the resellers will act accordingly and it will either get addressed or they will quit carrying it since a high failure rate will eat into their profits as well.

williedrew

Verified Member
May 4, 2010
houston
All electronics can potentially die before their time... just because you have had one doesn't alone, make it an indication of what other people are experiencing... I'd suggest that you get your unit replaced under warranty and quit trying to spread concern when none may not exist. If there are a bunch of issues... the resellers will act accordingly and it will either get addressed or they will quit carrying it since a high failure rate will eat into their profits as well.
I'm sorry, I thought a Groove mod based thread on an open public forum was the proper place to voice my opinion and personal experience with a Groove mod. I had previously stated that I loved my Groove mod. Should I have not said that as well since that may not be "a proper indication of what other people are experiencing?" Thanks for trying to police my reply but I was well within my reasonable rights to post my experience with a Groove. Your reply was unintelligent and uncalled for. People like you are exactly why I usually never bother to post my opinions.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I'm sorry, I thought a Groove mod based thread on an open public forum was the proper place to voice my opinion and personal experience with a Groove mod. I had previously stated that I loved my Groove mod. Should I have not said that as well since that may not be "a proper indication of what other people are experiencing?" Thanks for trying to police my reply but I was well within my reasonable rights to post my experience with a Groove. Your reply was unintelligent and uncalled for. People like you are exactly why I usually never bother to post my opinions.

Actually I was trying to teach you something about electronics in general which I'm very experienced with... I wasn't policing anything.

orbach

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2012
Florida
I think you came across a little strong there rdsok, which personally I don't mind, but I can see how some people might. But williedrew, rdsok is right in that you cannot generalize from your experience. I just went through the same thing with the Vapeonly. It didn't work for me, and I over reacted and blamed all bottom coils as needing further refinement. Later I find that only about 1% of people are reporting problems with the Vapeonly, which is quite low. So I got a bad head, or my specific juice doesn't vape well on the vapeonly, or even a combination of things caused my problems. It easy to become frustrated and then generalize, it happens to all of us at some time or another.

Actually I was trying to teach you something about electronics in general which I'm very experienced with... I wasn't policing anything.

williedrew

Verified Member
May 4, 2010
houston
thanks, this was my first electronic ever, I had no idea they can break...but yeah, I wasn't generalizing anything or saying not to buy it. I stated that I loved it. and then I came back two weeks later and stated that it no longer worked. I feel it would be less fair to say I love it and leave it at that when it no longer works. but they are replacing it under warranty as I stated, and gave me no trouble with it. Im not blaming smoktech, or hoosiers, or electronics in general. I simply stated my own experience with the groove so far, which is why the forum exists.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
im seeing many people generalize a little to much and i guess rdosk has seen it as well, we are here to help but at times it should be pointed out when we see things here that makes us wonder if a person is genuine, with you willie i see your new and had a issue etc, rdosk was just being cautious and trying to help. I have seen weird things with people and issues and just because one person has a issue or isnt satisfied with a product, bought elsewhere or here doesnt mean the whole product is junk or has massive issues just because the person did, i see this often and some of it ticks people off or makes our guards raise, when i see tons of a specific cartomizer being sold and consensus is we all llove them, then someone comes in to chime how they had a issue with it and it sucks and then they tell people not to buy it and to stay away from that junk or proclaim becuase they had a issue then thats the final word, and in my head im thinking, who made you god to proclaim that and how is it that just because you might have a issue that its the product, how do they know its not them and why do they assume all of them are that way when in the same thread they see people happy with the product.

so i think thats what rdosk is pointing out at times, but at the same time we need to undertsand some people might not like a product and thats ok or they might have real issues and we are here to help them regardless if they bought the product here or not , at the same time, lately, whenever we release a new product or are about too i am seeing a rash of people coming in here to our forum and no were else to bash a product or complain about issues with the said product that they bought elsewere and sometimes they arent mentioning that they bought it elsewere and making it seems that our product is the one with the issue, some of it is legit but some of it its done on purpose to make it seem what we sell has issues and thats simply not the case, we are thriving for a reason and we have high standards here at gotvapes., so there needs to be understanding from both sides

I fully understand sometimes people may have issues with a product and instead of assuming what the cause is, its best to hear the whole story and then dissect it so we can get to the actual cause whatever it may be, this helps the poster resolve their issue and if the product is the issue then we can pass that along to the factory but also you all need to be aware if you bought the product elsewere and are coming here to for help you need to let us all know if the product was purchased form us or not, if its bought form us then we know how to proceed, and if it was bought elsewere then we can find the issue and also know if others who bought form were you purchased that maybe the issue lies with the products at that specific company and not hte product itself. Sometimes they are copies or clones, sometimes they are buying form a second vendor and not the original factory which can lead them to receive B grade product.
sometimes yet sad, a vendor who is small will buy small amount form the actual factory and still receive B product which is product they know isnt as good as A product of the same model. this happens with clearomizers, the best go to the biggest and the second rate ones from the same factory go to lesser known people, it happens to us when we first started and this is still prevalent as we here the horror stories and im sure others are aware..

so williedrew dont take offence to any of it, we are here to help you, you are new and welcome aboard, our people here are sometimes on high alert because there has been a rash of people ninja trolling or spewing out things to damage our reputation so we are all on our toes at times. feel free to discuss anything and welcome aboard. Whatever help you might need please feel free to ask

Last edited:

orbach

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2012
Florida
badkolo is correct in this and I am a perfect example. The Vapeonly I mentioned above and was complaining about in the Vapeonly thread was not from GotVapes. I apologize for not making that clear up front. I thought it would be bad forum etiquette to say that on this forum. badkolo is helping me to understand what is wrong with my Vapeonly even though I have told him I didn't buy it from him. As he says above, he is interested in understanding these issues so products can be improved if necessary and possible. That's what I call professionalism and my kudos to badkolo and GotVapes.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I'm afraid I wasn't being so altruistic or protective towards Gotvapes in this case... the user had plainly stated up front that the product was purchased from another company as they should have... I think the reason they were offended was because I tried to be too brief about describing the issue with unit failure rates, I over compensated for my usually too wordy of a post about anything technical, and that is what lead my post to be misread. I'm again going to try to be brief but reword it and perhaps this time it won't come off the wrong way

Any product can have a reported failure but we have to be sensible and realize that we need to look at all of the reports about that product to see if there is an indication of an actual issue BEFORE we start waiving red flags about the product. If there is no trend of failures being seen, then there is little reason for us to be concerned that getting another unit of the same product will result in another failure.

Perhaps that overly clinical, sterile and generalized statement will make what I was trying to get across and little clearer... and without being too wordy in the process.

GunNut

Jan 18, 2013
Nebraska
UPDATE* mu groove stopped working after less than two weeks of use. hoosiers is replacing it under warranty but I am a little leery the same thing will happen again. just thought I would let prospective buyers know!

I really liked mine, it's the first mod I've had but the same thing happened to me. It was working perfectly, i put it on the charger when I went to bed. In the morning I unplugged it and the charging icon stayed on and it wouldn't do anything. I took it to work anyway and eventually the light turned off so I plugged it back in at work (via USB directly to my computer, not a wall charger) and it started charging again and working but when I checked the battery level it said 3.2 volts, it was at 3.7 when I plugged it in the night before. After charging it to 3.8 (it wouldn't go any higher) I used it for the rest of the day and it worked fine. The next morning the same thing happened where the charging icon stayed on and it wouldn't work, it was really hot around the USB port and it never started working again. I ended up taking it back to my local shop where they gave me store credit for it since they didn't have any more in stock and I ordered another one online which should be here tomorrow. Hopefully these issues are rare.

williedrew

Verified Member
May 4, 2010
houston
My point sock, was that my groove stopped working. Plain and simple. I agree with what you are saying. I have seen threads of the same person going on and on about a stardust that taste burnt to the point where they got a lawyer involved. And it was clearly user related, no they will not take VG juice. You don't get a new one because you are an idiot. I get that. But I wasn't blaming anyone, pointing any fingers or making ridiculous claims. I stated my Groove broke and was being replaced. These are called facts. How else can we recognize a trend in hardware issues unless we discuss them. Before I purchase things I like to see reviews. I previously stated I loved my groove. I wanted to be clear and honest and point out that since it no longer worked, I loved it a little less. I wasn't out of line and didn't deserve to be attacked. Just because the words you are saying are true does not mean they are warranted.

williedrew

Verified Member
May 4, 2010
houston
I may not be the only one with an opinion, but it seems between the two of us, I was the only one with an opinion on the Groove mod, which is what this thread is supposed to be about. Do you even own a Groove? Don't bother answering. I am done with using this forum as anything other than a place to sell mods. It's a shame you can't even have a civil conversation in a setting where you are supposed to encourage and support each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread