Airport security

Status
Not open for further replies.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I've not had an issue with carry on tube mods, juices and batteries. I did see a guy get pulled aside a couple of months ago for a largely metal box mod assembled with a protank though. That was in a smaller regional airport where they're probably not as used to seeing the variety of ecig stuff. He eventually got passed through.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Just took my 134, VTR, SID and Steampunk mechanical through airport security 12 times since last Friday. The only issue I had was one TSA agent in Dallas who wanted to buy my 134. Put your Li batteries in a case, juice in a baggie and walk on through. The worst you can expect is a secondary inspection but that's just to verify what you are carrying. One word of caution, do not put a Cool Fire 2 in your checked baggage unless you want called off the plane to explain.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Agree with the above especially the point of the Coolfire 2 (who the BLEEP thought it would be a good idea to design a mod that looks like a hand grenade anyway?).

Remove the batteries, juices in your ziplock, empty atties if possible if not they go in the baggie too, and slide on through.

Side note about atties. I do try to fly with my atties empty as the change in cabin presure will make many leak. If you have to you have to, I just wouldn't suggest filling them up before your trip thinking it will be super convenient to be able to just throw them on your mod and vape when you get where you're going. More than likely you'll have to rinse off everything that was in your ziplock, wipe down your atty or even remove the coil so you can blow it out, etc. which can be a total pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread