Aftermarket eVic tube with eVic Tatroe Base from CigTechs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy2beMe

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
South Florida, USA
I got the Siam tube with squares inlay from Pink Mule and I love it, really makes the eVic finally feel like a real mod. I like the smiley face end cap :) it's pretty cool but, it's not for everyone. One of my favorite devices to put on the eVic is the AGA t2 which, like any genesis device, needs to stand upright when not in use. So, I bought the Evic Tatroe Base from CigTechs. It has no markings of any kind and has quite a lot of weight to it. It's a well made base that is actually the cap (not just a base that pops on the bottom). BUT... I have a couple issues with it. 1. It only comes as brushed stainless (I would rather have polished to go with my polished Siam tube) More importantly... IT DOES NOT WORK ON THE SIAM TUBE (THAT SUCKS ! ! !). :grr: I have tried the original JoyeTech cap on it and it threads on perfectly. The manufacturer "CigTechs" made the threads on the Tatroe Base soooo precise to the original JoyeTech tube that it fits WAY TOO TIGHT and WON'T thread onto the Siam tube. I definitely would NOT recommend someone else buying it to try on any other aftermarket tube at it's $37+shipping price tag (just to be left with an over priced paper weight).:2c: Does anyone have any advice on how I can correct the flawed threads on this cap so I can turn this paper weight into a usable cap for my Siam tube? DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread