Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I gave myself a few days off vaping to get my nicotine levels a chance to level out.
My main problem with the Aegis has been spitting and a burnt flavor while being pretty sure I did not burn the coil yet.
I have some .4 ohm Smok brand coils so I decided to just clean out my tank and start fresh with a new Smok coil and see how that goes.
I noticed the cotton in the coil was the same color as the ejuice but slightly brownish which I figured could cause the burnt flavor.
However on the very bottom of the tank in the Air flow chamber had some fluid in it and it was dark brown and burnt looking.
I charged the battery cleaned the tank and primed the coil and have been working on slowly breaking in the coil.
this coil seems to be working better and I can see how a lower nicotine level ejuice would make it better so I plan on going to a second local vape shop near me to get a bottle to try it out.

70/30 PG/VG is too thin a juice for your sub ohm coils.

Sub Ohm coils are designed for clouds and therefore designed to work best with a higher VG ejuice.

You'll want 30/70 PG/VG or 20/80 PG/VG for those coils.

Also, your not giving enough attention to priming your coils from the sound of it.. this is VERY important because if done incorrectly you burn wick and get a burnt taste and spitting..

^^^ this is a great video that shows you how to properly prime your coils..

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
Thanks guys, so far I have been using the eleaf mini, and I think I need to stick with above ohm vaping for a few reasons, first is using above ohm vaping I will use much less ejuice and wast less electricity. second I do not get as much raw ejuice in my mouth and I can go mouth to lung like I am used to with smoking regular cigs.
with less output I get from above ohm vaping the amount of time it takes to get the nicotine level I need seems to be similar to smoking where sub ohm I get way more than I need.
Not to mention Vaping dehydrates me which will cause me to drink more and mess up my blood sugar levels and hydration levels so for me the extra vape clouds from sub ohm vaping is just not for me and my health conditions.
currently I have 70 30 6mg ejuice and 70 30 12 mg ejuice I bought for my aegis but it does work with my Nautilus but I think the 50 50 6mg would work better
I have some 50 50 24 mg tobacco flavor that is nasty and harsh but I did get less spitting.
getting a diy ejuice set up should give me the great setup I have been looking for in both units.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks guys, so far I have been using the eleaf mini, and I think I need to stick with above ohm vaping for a few reasons, first is using above ohm vaping I will use much less ejuice and wast less electricity. second I do not get as much raw ejuice in my mouth and I can go mouth to lung like I am used to with smoking regular cigs.
with less output I get from above ohm vaping the amount of time it takes to get the nicotine level I need seems to be similar to smoking where sub ohm I get way more than I need.
Not to mention Vaping dehydrates me which will cause me to drink more and mess up my blood sugar levels and hydration levels so for me the extra vape clouds from sub ohm vaping is just not for me and my health conditions.
currently I have 70 30 6mg ejuice and 70 30 12 mg ejuice I bought for my aegis but it does work with my Nautilus but I think the 50 50 6mg would work better
I have some 50 50 24 mg tobacco flavor that is nasty and harsh but I did get less spitting.
getting a diy ejuice set up should give me the great setup I have been looking for in both units.

50/50 for the nautilus..

Why do you keep buying such high PG juice anyway? Stop.. you aren't using old school devices that would require high PG.. use higher VG in most devices, and 50/50 in MTL..

On the aegis, you can use any atomizer you want on it, you don't have to use the tank that came in the kit. It has a universal connection so if you want to use the Nautilus, or Tigon, or Zenith or Zlide - whatever - you can..

Just adjust your watts to compensate for any coil you use, and remember to take the time to prime a new coil correctly.

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
I do use 70 vg 30 pg if that has not been clear in my writing, On the list of ingredients with percentages VG is listed first and PG is listed second. this is a thick ejuice. perhaps my aegis may need the 80 vg 20 pg to get better results for me however I am just trying to quit smoking I am not chasing flavors or desire to fill the room with a giant vape cloud making everyone in the room inhale my vape cloud.
And yes I do prime and break in my coils and have watched many videos on how to do it. I have yet to burn a coil in any of the tanks.
Any burnt tasting harsh hits I was getting was from the 12mg ejuice and a partially flooded air flow chamber that built up ejuice that sits there getting cooked.
While using the aegis with the lower 6mg nic level I only get a little spitting with the first few hits then it clears up but even with it cleared up the amount of vape that is produced is too strong of too sweet if that makes sense.
The sweet is a artificial tasting sweet that I just do not like. and I have read that even unflavored ejuice has a sweet taste to it but may more tolerable to me than flavored ejuice.
BTW the last ejuice I picked up yesterday is Candy King Strawberry Watermelon Bubblegum I was thinking of opening the bottle and let it air out over night or longer hoping the flavor would be less intense in my aegis because I do enjoy using the aegis.

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
See this is where people who have vaped for a long time know to put the pg in front of the vg when talking ratios when the bottle list it completely opposite.
I guess I should have been born with this knowledge however the basic information has been transferred to my tiny brain because I am buying the correct ejuice or at least I think I am getting close to what I need which is why I want to get diy ejuice.

Reactions: Falconeer

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
See this is where people who have vaped for a long time know to put the pg in front of the vg when talking ratios when the bottle list it completely opposite.
I guess I should have been born with this knowledge however the basic information has been transferred to my tiny brain because I am buying the correct ejuice or at least I think I am getting close to what I need which is why I want to get diy ejuice.

No that's okay, some manufacturers do it differently and so I misunderstood your ratios.

That's fine then 70% VG is sufficient.

The higher VG or higher PG, while it affects the amount of vapor production, it affects wicking most...

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I do use 70 vg 30 pg if that has not been clear in my writing, On the list of ingredients with percentages VG is listed first and PG is listed second. this is a thick ejuice. perhaps my aegis may need the 80 vg 20 pg to get better results for me however I am just trying to quit smoking I am not chasing flavors or desire to fill the room with a giant vape cloud making everyone in the room inhale my vape cloud.
And yes I do prime and break in my coils and have watched many videos on how to do it. I have yet to burn a coil in any of the tanks.
Any burnt tasting harsh hits I was getting was from the 12mg ejuice and a partially flooded air flow chamber that built up ejuice that sits there getting cooked.
While using the aegis with the lower 6mg nic level I only get a little spitting with the first few hits then it clears up but even with it cleared up the amount of vape that is produced is too strong of too sweet if that makes sense.
The sweet is a artificial tasting sweet that I just do not like. and I have read that even unflavored ejuice has a sweet taste to it but may more tolerable to me than flavored ejuice.
BTW the last ejuice I picked up yesterday is Candy King Strawberry Watermelon Bubblegum I was thinking of opening the bottle and let it air out over night or longer hoping the flavor would be less intense in my aegis because I do enjoy using the aegis.

Try some premium juice some where like HHV, the Dragons Fire or the coffee they have (which is awesome)

Fresh Grindz - $9.00 : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Premium E-Liquids Hand-Crafted in the USA

Dragon's Fire (Purity) - $9.00 : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Premium E-Liquids Hand-Crafted in the USA

It's not sweet.. the coffee flavor is just black coffee, and the dragons fire is a lot like shisha if you've ever smoked that.

There's another company I was thinking of too, but I can't for the life of me remember their name atm..

EaOutlaw1969

Apr 11, 2019
I do not mind sweet ejuice in vape form, it is the raw non vaporized ejuice that gets in my mouth and on my lips that I do not like. This happens with my Aegis but not the Eleaf mini that I use.
I had to put a screen on my aegis to prevent this from happening but it makes the vape too hot because the lack of air flow.
For me I think I just need a upgraded drip tube to help with this for when I want to use a vape that produces much more vapor than the eleaf can produce.

I am not sure why people hear seem to think they know it all and decide to talk down to others looking for help when they have not taken the time to read what was posted.

I am pretty sure I mentioned that my last problem with the Aegis is the spitting that it does when I use it and that spitting causes the large drops of ejuice.

I came here to get help with quitting smoking not to be talked down to.
I can see this forum is for people that like to seem smarter than they are by trying to make others look like idiots.

Reactions: Falconeer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread