Advice for New E Cig Users with Cigarette Cravings

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolly_st_nic

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Madison, WI
Oddly enough, your kr8 battery is 3.7v and the ego about 3.4v

Yeah it must definitely be the 36 liquid. Must just be too strong for me. I guess I won't even try the 36 mg with my 808 battery. I really like the battery life on my ego-T with kr808 cartomizers. It goes all day! I'm glad I got the adapter. Those big batteries would have just gone to waste since I don't like the tank (it leaks) and I also prefer cartomizers to atomizers (though it seems I read somewhere you can get 510 connection cartomizers too).

Kris and Jeff, yeah, I have noticed the e cig tastes better too. Still need some time, personally, to quit the real cigs though.

Kirsty, thanks. My doctor rocks.

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
I'm old and am not willing to deprive myself much more lol

Im feeling ya cags.... I recently became a Type 1 diabetic and had to give up beer, sweets, and my beloved Jack Daniels (well I still take a shot or two a week...BS on giving that up..lol). I have gone from a 1.5 pad to 0-3 a day.... depending on how much my work pisses me off. Maybe soon I will give those last 3 up...or maybe not. I just know I feel a WHOLE lot better than when I smoked 30 cigs a day!!!

trailwalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
Little Rock AR
Yeah it must definitely be the 36 liquid. Must just be too strong for me. I guess I won't even try the 36 mg with my 808 battery. I really like the battery life on my ego-T with kr808 cartomizers. It goes all day! I'm glad I got the adapter. Those big batteries would have just gone to waste since I don't like the tank (it leaks) and I also prefer cartomizers to atomizers (though it seems I read somewhere you can get 510 connection cartomizers too).

Kris and Jeff, yeah, I have noticed the e cig tastes better too. Still need some time, personally, to quit the real cigs though.

Kirsty, thanks. My doctor rocks.
the next time you need the cartos you may want to check out
Crystal Clear Vaping
they have a good deal on them if you like the ego battery
TW

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY

Literally hundreds of options when it comes to cartomizers with a 510 or 808 connection. 808s are my fave too though. You know, if you have 18mg that's similar, you could cut the 36mg down with that too. 4ml 18mg to 2ml 36mg = 6ml at 24mg. or just wing it till you have something you can vape. :p

Trucapri

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
Your doc gave good advice!! If you deny yourself something you've enjoyed for so long, you'll never be content to let it go. You may or may not be able to stick with the doc's plan, but if you stick with cutting the analogs back, you'll get there!! Great to hear that you're already having days you haven't needed your limit!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes!!!!

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
I started using e-cigs May 6 of 2011. I allowed myself 5 cigs a day at first (down from 30). It was tough. I had chills and shakes while sleeping. I had one after waking, one after each meal and one before bed. I did this for a week or so, then i cut each smoking time to half a cig instead of a whole one. that got me to 2 1/2 or 3 a day. This process lasted about a month. Now after almost 10 months I still crave and sometimes smoke half a cig. Sometimes, it it once a month, once a week or a couple of times a week, but I just won't let myself do it more than that. When I got down to the 2 1/2 per day, I decided that I would Always allow myself 1-3 cigarettes per day. Even though I don't actually ever smoke them anymore, I personally like feeling like I could if I needed to.

Cigs still taste good to me and I could jump right back in, but I love not having to take smoke breaks all the time and I love sleeping without coughing.

I have a very stressfull 3 months ahead of me. I am really concerned about making it through without going back to analogs. I plan to stay strong and just remind myself that I have those chemicals out of my body. Why would I want to become addicted to them again. Although, I must say that I have come to terms (with disappointment) that I may be one of the ones that could always pick them back up and love them. I am somewhat envious of people that dislike analogs after a few days or weeks of vaping.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Some new vapers need tobacco eliquids to avoid craving cigarettes and actually get cigarette cravings from food flavor juices as if they had just eaten. Some other new vapers do best staying away from tobacco flavors which remind them of cigarettes and do better vaping only food flavors to start. And some can be satisfied with any flavor right away. You need to figure out which you are and for now avoid any flavors that give you cigarette cravings.

You also need to find juices with flavors and aromas (you must smell the vapor!) that make you go ahhh. If you have only tried a handful of juices then you are not trying hard enough. And you eed proper equipment to give you the drag size, warmth and hit you want. Some people who are heavy smokers or full strength smokers start on a tiny model that is just not enough for their habit.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Hi, everyone. I had a doctor's appointment last week, and I want to share his advice in case you're like me. I've been using the e cig on a regular basis for some time, but my cigarette cravings are still bothersome sometimes. First of all, my doctor was the one who first recommended the e cig to me, so I'm following his advice by using it (two doctors have told me it is completely safe to use).

My doc's advice was this: use your vaporizer any time, and as for the cigarettes, taper yourself down slowly. In my case, I was a two pack / day smoker and when I started vaping I painlessly (I mean PAINLESSLY) cut down to just one pack / day immediately. So I still needed a pack of smokes to get by. No problem, though. All my doctor suggested is that I take 2 cigarettes out of the pack and smoke 18 cigs a day for a week. Then cut take 4 out of the pack and smoke 16 cigs / day for a week. Then 6 cigs out of the pack, etc.

Some manage to quit the smokes right after taking up vaping, but for those who can't, tapering while vaping may do the trick for you. It will, maybe, slowly get you out of the psychological addiction to real cigarettes.

Just some advice from my doctor, so I thought I'd pass it on. :)

Thank Heavens you don't have ignorant doctors. I don't either. I got her off her addiction with vaping. She wouldn't take anything to try to quit...not even Chantix (smart doc). She new the problems with the drug and refused to use it or prescribe it to her patients unless they basically demanded it. Now she tells her patients to vape instead.

Your doc's idea about cutting down slowly is great. I like that idea but I did it cold turkey...my stubbornness paid off. Also, for those of you who still find cravings hard to get through, you may want to use a WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid). I have a bottle for those days that just don't go right and I'm stressed to no end. It helps! vapelicious.com

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Sometimes it is good to get the craving and smoke.You then realize how terrible they taste.

I'm sure some people feel that way, and I've seen a lot of people posting stories about how they vaped for a few weeks, then tried an analog and hated it.

But I'm not convinced. I'm fairly sure that if I smoke a cig right now, I'd enjoy it. And I'm pretty sure I could go right back to smoking all the time quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread