Advice for Christmas presents and another question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a post a couple of weeks ago about how I bought a Blu and then drove an hour to a private vendor, who was expensive but I was able to walk out with my eGo. I loved the concept, but the Blu just wasn't for me. I needed more TH, the vapor just wasn't there for me with the Blu. Luckily I then came across this forum.

I love the eGo that I have. I'm still very clueless even after reading through so many posts and FAQs. In some cases I found the information to be almost overwhelming.

My best friend is 25 and just recently started smoking cigarettes unfortunately. She liked the idea of the Blu, but I don't think is willing to buy one for herself. I would never again buy another Blu, I'd much rather spend money on something a little better.

I purchased my eGo for $70 - I paid extra because I bought some flavor and a mouthpiece, so it ended up being $95. I heard that was expensive but it was because I didn't want to wait for something to be shipped. Instead of $70 for the eGo, she also sells a $65 Joye 510 kit, and a $55 Hello 016 kit. She ships for free and lives an hour away, so I'm sure she could get them here on time. I was hoping to order from a more reputable dealer. When I received mine from her in person, all the parts were in an Avon bag :) I was hoping to have a kit with an owner's manual or something. However, the important part is the working components.

Now I want to purchase two more eCig kits. One for my girlfriend, and one for my best friend. My girlfriend loved her Blu that arrived 3wks ago, up until a couple of days ago when neither battery will charge. Her battery seemed to always need charging anyway. That was part of the reason I wasn't happy with the Blu. They both like the auto battery, probably just because I don't :)

My friend Steph smokes regular cigarettes and liked the TH from my eGo with the low res atomizer. My girlfriend thought it was too harsh, since she smokes lights. They are both amazed at how long my battery lasts for...basically all day. My girlfriend would prefer an auto battery as opposed to manual, and one that is smaller than my eGo. My friend probably wouldn't be as picky about the auto battery, and she does like the increased TH. They both seem to like the idea of the Personal Charging case, although with my own experience, they don't work too well (Blu).

Here's what I'm looking to buy:

• Two kits
  • Auto battery (not necessarily a requirement)
  • Personal Charging Case optional
  • Not too bulky
  • Decent battery life
  • Decent amount of TH and vapor
I don't know if there are any online stores that can get them here to me before Christmas if I order by today, etc.

Also I would be interested in an online store that is reputable, and may offer a discount if buying more than one kit, or spend a certain amount, etc.

My girlfriend wants 0mg Nicotine, but my friend would like full strength. I would like to also order them some prefilled cartridges and a few bottles of juice to get them started.

Can anyone recommend an online store that may have kits and also ejuice with 0mg nicotine? It would be nice to do this all in one single transaction if possible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! My head is really spinning and I would like to purchase something tonight. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Happy Holidays!:toast:

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
I am SO new here, but I like Liberty Flights. They have a good discount (click in the upper left of their page), nice pricing, and quick, reliable shipping. Some good prices on kits too. You can get a Riva 510 kit for only $29.99 I believe...and that's with two batteries, attys, etc. You might want to check them out. Just Google Liberty Flights or go to the Forum Suppliers list here (at the top of the page) and click, then click their link. Good luck!

I'd suggest getting them both a passthrough, no matter what kind of kit you get! Helps when you're charging batteries....you can vape all day on a USB passthrough. If you want to vape in the car with it tho, you also need a USB port in the car. If there isn't one...get a car USB adapter! :)

Last edited:

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I am SO new here, but I like Liberty Flights. They have a good discount (click in the upper left of their page), nice pricing, and quick, reliable shipping. Some good prices on kits too. You can get a Riva 510 kit for only $29.99 I believe...and that's with two batteries, attys, etc. You might want to check them out. Just Google Liberty Flights or go to the Forum Suppliers list here (at the top of the page) and click, then click their link. Good luck!

I'd suggest getting them both a passthrough, no matter what kind of kit you get! Helps when you're charging batteries....you can vape all day on a USB passthrough. If you want to vape in the car with it tho, you also need a USB port in the car. If there isn't one...get a car USB adapter! :)

not sure...but i thought they were sold out...

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
One question is $. How much do you want to spend?
If she wants a cigarette style....
There is one high quality cigarette style out there that I know of and that is SmokeStik. The have different models ... Hendu, Pink, Royale... The ladies love 'em (jeweled ends) and they are high quality. Not inexpensive but if it keeps her off of analogs it's worth it and They guarantee their batteries for life if you purchase a minimal amount of stuff (like cartos) from them about every six weeks. Their cartos never burn and they are refillable (although they don't sell juice... you'll have to get that somewhere else.) I've even purchased an adapter to use their cartos on my eGo. If you are thinking about a Christmas present for your girlfriend.. it's awesome. It is the one that Katherine Heigl was vaping on Letterman.
SmokeStik Electronic Cigarette (eCig)::: The Alternative to Smoking

They have a forum here at ECF...
SmokeStik
They also have a discount link for supplies after the kit. Talk to LoriKay13 at the forum/community. She'll steer you right and you can buy a aftermarket PCC if you like. Ask her about it. Even if she moves up to something else, they are great for the night out.

If she want's something like an eGo... look at the Volcano Inferno Volcano Fine Electronic Cigarette Mini Starter Kit Same as an eGo but with a nicer battery.

If you want to go Cadillac ... check out a mod like the Indulgence. But it's not a "cigarette" style.

For a guy... I'd recommend an eGo or a Mod.

If you want to go basic and dependable with parts interchangeable with eGo. ... go with a 510.

Last edited:

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
Just looked...the Riva isn't sold out. And after the 20% discount (upper left corner...click), it's still $29.99. There's 20% off the entire order, not just one thing.

I have both the Joye 510, and an eGo USB with a Mega Atty and carts. I like the eGo for home...and the Joye for when I'm out. Of course I needed a pcc with that Joye 510 because yes, charging batteries is constant.

I also ordered a couple of the Riva kits from LF, but haven't gotten them yet.

I think the GF might like a Joye510 or the SmokeStik (which looks very cool), but charging batteries endlessly for the Joye (don't know about the SmokStik) is going to be a given. So I'd get an extra battery or two (or two whole kits)...plus the pcc as I said. Plus you have to keep topping it off, since the cart is small, so perhaps some cartos? Oh...and of course the PT, hahaha!

I haven't tried cartos yet. Got some for the Riva/eGO ... on the way.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
Just looked...the Riva isn't sold out. And after the 20% discount (upper left corner...click), it's still $29.99. There's 20% off the entire order, not just one thing.

I have both the Joye 510, and an eGo USB with a Mega Atty and carts. I like the eGo for home...and the Joye for when I'm out. Of course I needed a pcc with that Joye 510 because yes, charging batteries is constant.

I also ordered a couple of the Riva kits from LF, but haven't gotten them yet.

I think the GF might like a Joye510 or the SmokeStik (which looks very cool), but charging batteries endlessly for the Joye (don't know about the SmokStik) is going to be a given. So I'd get an extra battery or two (or two whole kits)...plus the pcc as I said. Plus you have to keep topping it off, since the cart is small, so perhaps some cartos? Oh...and of course the PT, hahaha!

I haven't tried cartos yet. Got some for the Riva/eGO ... on the way.

oh, ok...good..:)

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
For the battery life I'd go with LF and the Riva, they last me all day, seem to charge quicker than the 510 and I've been using the same ones for about a month and haven't noticed any diminished life + they have a 3 month wty on them.

Ive been thru 4 different styles thus far 4081, 510 and 801 and this by far has been the best thing going for me, both with the battery life and between the joye 510 extended cartomizers and the ego jumbo cartomizers I rarely have to top off during the day at all. They aren't the lady type, but with the others I always had to carry 4-5 batts with me, now I only carry 1 extra.

Their shipping has been pretty quick and I'm sure they offer a priority shipping. Check out their forum here, Ty and Abe are always available here to answer questions HTH

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
"Two kits
Auto battery (not necessarily a requirement)
Personal Charging Case optional
Not too bulky
Decent battery life
Decent amount of TH and vapor"

sounds to me like you may want to check out a KR808 model. they are dependable, not too bulky and have optional charging cases available. they are also easy for new users. check out vapor4life.com or smoketip.com.

Mena

Dec 17, 2011
Miami
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: spamming for post count
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread