ADV VC Recipes??? What's Your Favorite???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryCagen

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
NOLA
www.facebook.com
I just wanted to see what everyone's favorite Vanilla and/or Custard Recipe is and share our ADV Recipes. So if you have a favorite VC Recipe, please post and give the maker as well. Enjoy.

One that works really well I found is:

all flavors TFA:

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 10%
Bavarian Cream 4%
French Vanilla 3%

wait a week.....if you can.....this stuff tastes good the same day after a couple baths, but it get better of course with steeping.

Enjoy! What's your favorite ADV?

Last edited:

AngryCagen

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
NOLA
www.facebook.com
Not sure why this got buried, but it could be a great Vanilla Custard Recipe reference.

Guaranteed to Love;

CAP Vanilla Custard 10%
CAP French Vanilla 5%
Ethyl Maltol 2%

this comes out perfect every time.
I make 50 ml bottles at 80 VG/20 PG, and this stuff tastes good the same day after a couple baths and breathing. But if you can wait and let it steep for a week or even a few days, it gets better with time.

Enjoy.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
I like 15% CAP vanilla custard on it's on. Haven't tried many diy vanilla custard mixes yet though. I'm wanting to find a vanilla custard base recipe. I may just try mixing some different vanillas and custards together, let it steep a month and see what happens. Kind of nervous about possibly ruining that much flavor on a busted try though

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
I like 15% CAP vanilla custard on it's on. Haven't tried many diy vanilla custard mixes yet though. I'm wanting to find a vanilla custard base recipe. I may just try mixing some different vanillas and custards together, let it steep a month and see what happens. Kind of nervous about possibly ruining that much flavor on a busted try though

Unless you go real crazy and put something that does not belong in there like black liquorice "to me that would wreck it". You will be fine. Some mixes will just taste better than others. I have put in about 10 flavors as it was not off the hook it was vapeable. Also you might use say 4 flavors and think not bad but could be better. Do you change flavors or % of the flavors you used. The trick is writing down what you did and used.Sit back in your vaping chair take a big draw slowly exhale and go :vapor:hmmmm.What to do next. Enjoy mixing it is more of a art than anything else in finding what you like

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
Unless you go real crazy and put something that does not belong in there like black liquorice "to me that would wreck it". You will be fine. Some mixes will just taste better than others. I have put in about 10 flavors as it was not off the hook it was vapeable. Also you might use say 4 flavors and think not bad but could be better. Do you change flavors or % of the flavors you used. The trick is writing down what you did and used.Sit back in your vaping chair take a big draw slowly exhale and go :vapor:hmmmm.What to do next. Enjoy mixing it is more of a art than anything else in finding what you like

I'm making single flavor samples every chance I get, it's just that there are sooo many of them I haven't tried yet. When it comes to vanilla and custard there are many different variations. A lot have a great vanilla flavor but I haven't found many that add the creamy aspect I enjoy. I'll get it figured out one day lol. I'm going to try mixing some vanillas and custards today from some of the ones I've tried. I'll start with just ten ml, give it a crock pot steep, and put it away for 6 weeks or so

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
give it a crock pot steep, and put it away for 6 weeks or so

Man how do you do that? LOL. I have been steeping some vanilla beans in PG for about 10 days now and I think i am going to go crazy. Luckily I am brand new at this and have had to wait while i ordered supplies. Nicotine and mixing equipment are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I will buy some labels and make sure everything is labeled before it goes up on the shelf in my closet.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
two of my favorite all day vapes are
...snip...

and then

8% CAP VC
5% Catalan Creme
5% Caramel Candy

I'm with you on the Caramel but I go with:

8% VC CAP
3% French Vanilla CAP
4% Caramel INA

The INA Caramel takes a good 3 weeks on a natural steep and even with UC or CP/Water Bath it needs a week to ripen.

I haven't tried Catalan(that's F'art correct?) but doesn't it have a spice? Nutmeg or something going on in it?

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
I'm with you on the Caramel but I go with:

8% VC CAP
3% French Vanilla CAP
4% Caramel INA

The INA Caramel takes a good 3 weeks on a natural steep and even with UC or CP/Water Bath it needs a week to ripen.

I haven't tried Catalan(that's F'art correct?) but doesn't it have a spice? Nutmeg or something going on in it?

Catalan cream is the best cream I've tried so far. Some people's description of the flavor says there is a spice note, but I don't taste it. It has good body and rich creamy flavor. I made a mix this morning using it as the main flavor, along with some caps vanilla custard, Inw wanilla, butter cream Fw, and just a touch of graham cracker. Cant wait to try this in a month

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
Catalan cream is the best cream I've tried so far. Some people's description of the flavor says there is a spice note, but I don't taste it. It has good body and rich creamy flavor. I made a mix this morning using it as the main flavor, along with some caps vanilla custard, Inw wanilla, butter cream Fw, and just a touch of graham cracker. Cant wait to try this in a month

What's up Stacy? I've got to place a BC order at the end of the week so I will add some into my order and give it a try. Do you do any kind of speed steep? I don't have UC and I've no need for a crock pot so I end up with a really long wait on my custards as well.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
What's up Stacy? I've got to place a BC order at the end of the week so I will add some into my order and give it a try. Do you do any kind of speed steep? I don't have UC and I've no need for a crock pot so I end up with a really long wait on my custards as well.

I use the crock pot method. The one I have maitains 150 degrees when set on warm once I get it up to temp. On my custard mixes I still usually let them steep a few weeks even after four hours in the crock pot. A good VC is just one of those things that cant be rushed

My catalan cream mix is by far my favorite yet. it with the cap vc and caramel is outstanding.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
Favorites of mine...ADV.....
THIS IS NOT MY RECIPE....but it's my ADV...

Very creamy vanilla cookie
FA cookie 3%
TFA Bavarian Cream 2%
TFA vanilla bean ice cream 2% **
TFA french vanilla deluxe 2% **
FA Fresh Cream 1%
add 1 drop EM per 5 ml
Minimum steep is 3 weeks for smaller batches and 4-6 weeks for larger batches. (found this works with other brands too)

I am also loving 12% cap van cust alone..(steeped of course)...sometimes I add a lil fr van deluxe to it.....I am finally enjoying my Vanillas..

Last edited:
I just threw another batch together that im sure is going to be amazing. (So sure that I made 16oz bottle)
80/20 vg/pg 10mg nic
10% Cap VC V1
5% TFA Original Caramel
5% TFA French Vanilla Deluxe

lots of bad stuff in this one, but im sure its going to be amazing but wont know for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread