Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello, I need some help/advise. I got in a new atomizer: the Storm Rider 2.0 by steamboy. I have found a few how to videos on youtube but not in english. Its actually a genesis atomizer, but I want to set it up a with silica instead. I tried it out, was wicking well, but hardly any vapour and it smells like its burning, but when I took it apart the silca was not burned. I used 32 kanthal with about 5 wraps, came out at 2.7 ohms. I had the wattage set at 8.5 . I thought maybe that the wire was touching the base or the posts, but i dont think so. I dont know if Im going to keep it, as I really dont think I want to go thru the whole mesh thing. I might give it a go with the Peter K method of non-oxidized wick etc. Just a little lost. Are there any demos or videos someone can direct me to showing how to set up a genesis with silica?
stormrider005.jpg

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
Here is a wick set up for the orion.

It's in French but you should be able to easily follow the steps. I have been experimenting with silica wick in genesis attys the past 2 weeks with success. Also I get better results with NR wire at R ends like an ody. The trick with silica in genesis is to use smaller diameter wick than the wick hole. Silica fattens up when soaked with juice so it will not wick well if silica is tight in the wick hole. I use a 2mm silica with a single strand in the wickhole into the tank and folded up on top at the coil. Generous loop at the top also help keep the silica wet as it holds juice better. Good luck!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
thanks, I used a silca at first that was too tight, used 1/8 nextel, kept running a bit dry. Next I used a 0/1 cotton , got 3.0 ohms used at 8.5 watts, worked well, but dont think I like it, too warm. Lowered the wattage to 7.5, still odd, really think ss mesh would be best. I dont want to get started with the whole ss mesh set up. Will have to think about keeping it. I also cant figure out how to adjust the post, can only use it with my KGO. Cant get it to fire up with my Saber Touch PVs,geez, got a total buzz off the few puffs. WOW. Its so beautiful, which is the main reason I got it. Its a small run of 110 made. Its number 29. WOW, I need water.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
....... really think ss mesh would be best......

For a sure way to get ss going, start this at about 1:30 to see what Quigs is doing. Mesh/Cotton hybrid wick Bluegrasslover's method - YouTube

My first try using the Petar K method and this was successful, so I've been posting it all over the forum ever since lol.

I'm running 5 watts (2.3 ohms @ 3.4 volts) at the moment, and getting vapor that looks about the same as a puff from a cigarette. It needs a primer puff to get going and then produces great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread