Acne due to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtual Life

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2012
Miami, FL, USA
Interesting thread. I was thinking the opposite, that no stinkies is clearing up my skin. But I am less than 2 weeks so far.

I have (had) smoked for 35+ years and have had little red bumps all over my body as long as I can remember. They get worse in the sun. I mean, I can clear a public hot tub in under a minute when people see my chest. Dermatologists mostly shrug. If I scratch it gets much worse, and quickly. But I am noticing a reduction now. It is possible that the time of year has me wearing more clothes, therefore less sun, but my first thought was that the stinkies did it. It became something to just live with, so I noticed when absent. Time will tell, and summer will be final conclusive data that they are gone. If they are. Hope so. Anyway, worth a mention here.

OnceUponaDream

Jul 14, 2012
World
Sigh. Here's my story...

1 year ago, I started vaping and cutted down on analogs. Within 2 weeks, I started breaking out... (note that I am still smoking analogs) I think that it was the ecig that caused my breakout. So I stopped vaping, threw it away and continued smoking analog.

Last Feb 2014, I decided to quit smoking. I bought a 1 month supply of nicotine patches, slapped it on and never touched a single puff of analog since.

After my supply of nicotine patches was used up, I decided not to continue with patches anymore because it was giving me very bad rashes to wherever I pasted the patches on. And so, I decided to go back to electronic.cigarettes. The ejuice I bought was a mint flavor, 6mg nicotine, 70% PG and 30% VG.

At first, just one week of using it, a couple of acnes appear around my chin. Then the second week, it got worse. Small red spots, looking a little like freshly scald marks, appear all around my cheeks. Upon closer examining it, it was actually acnes forming under my skin that are soon to be breaking out.

Not to mention, rashes (not those serious types) appear around my back and shoulders. I'm thinking it might be due to the fact that I usually vape at home topless. (I'm a 29 male btw)

I'm really feeling helpless and a little depressed from this break out. It makes me want to give up and just smoke analog instead. Sigh. Ok, I admit I am very vain.

OnceUponaDream

Jul 14, 2012
World
Sigh. Here's my story...1 year ago, I started vaping and cutted down on analogs. Within 2 weeks, I started breaking out... (note that I am still smoking analogs) I think that it was the ecig that caused my breakout. So I stopped vaping, threw it away and continued smoking analog.

Last Feb 2014, I decided to quit smoking. I bought a 1 month supply of nicotine patches, slapped it on and never touched a single puff of analog since. After my supply of nicotine patches was used up, I decided not to continue with patches anymore because it was giving me very bad rashes to wherever I pasted the patches on. And so, I decided to go back to electronic.cigarettes.

The ejuice I bought was a mint flavor, 6mg nicotine, 70%.PG.and 30%.VG. and the ecig is Ego CE4.

At first, just one week of using it, a couple of acnes appear around my chin. Then the second week, it got worse. Small red spots, looking a little like freshly scald marks, appear all around my cheeks. Upon closer examining it, it was actually acnes forming under my skin that are soon to be breaking out.Not to mention, rashes (not those serious types) appear around my back and shoulders. I'm thinking it might be due to the fact that I usually vape at home topless. (I'm a 29 male btw).

I'm really feeling helpless and a little depressed from this break out. It makes me want to give up and just smoke analog instead. Sigh. Ok, I admit I am very vain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread