Accidentally vaped NI200 in wattage mode for a few hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr4

Aug 26, 2011
France
Hello all,
Bit of a TC noob here, just got myself an evic vtc mini and without realising the coil head in the included tank was nickel, I vaped on it for a few hours at 20W doing mouth inhales. As soon as I realised switched to my subtank with kanthal and new juice. Did I inhale any toxic fumes from the nickel? Should I be worried and/or is there something I can do now?
Thanks a lot, please excuse my ignorance and I apologise in advance in case this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything here.

PS: Joyetech should really include a preventative mechanism for vaping NI/TI coils on wattage mode on their devices.

Reactions: CasketWeaver

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I wouldn’t worry, a lot of us vaped Nichrome coils in 2008- 2009 and didnt suffer any bad effects. From what I understand, you would have to dry fire the coil in order to get it hot enough to possibly harm you.

LOL! I still use NiChrome80 in my mechanical mods... just can't stand Kanthal...

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
LOL! I still use NiChrome80 in my mechanical mods... just can't stand Kanthal...
Yeah I don't have a problem with it, just didn’t want to get attacked. lol. Besides I weld with nickel rod all the time, so Im immune to it by now right. :)

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Haha! Nah, not gonna attack you man. Yeah, I'd say you've definitely built up a tolerance at this point!

If you've been vaping that long then you know full well that we didn't always choose the 'safest route' with our vape gear back then... aquarium filters, tea bags, and Viva paper towels to stuff those little cartridges... :facepalm: Hell, I made my own box mod back in the day with a 4-bay AA battery box from Radio Shak. 6V on a carto was LIVING back then! :lol:

Reactions: CasketWeaver

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Haha! Nah, not gonna attack you man. Yeah, I'd say you've definitely built up a tolerance at this point!

If you've been vaping that long then you know full well that we didn't always choose the 'safest route' with our vape gear back then... aquarium filters, tea bags, and Viva paper towels to stuff those little cartridges... :facepalm: Hell, I made my own box mod back in the day with a 4-bay AA battery box from Radio Shak. 6V on a carto was LIVING back then! :lol:
Gaaaaaaaaaak! AA batteries? And you're still alive? Imagine that!

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Gaaaaaaaaaak! AA batteries? And you're still alive? Imagine that!

LMAO! Yeah... and with those high res cartos, you could get 3-4 days on a set of batteries! Best thing was not having to order and then wait for a new battery. I could just go to WalMart and be good for a month! (There were no vape shops back then...)

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
NiChrome-80 + Rayon here. No bad effects to date. As far as vaping PURE nickel in POWER mode, as long as you're not sick to your stomach, having any difficulties breathing, or showing signs of an allergic reaction, I wouldn't worry too much. Should you do it again? Probably not. But I'm fairly certain you'd need more than a few micro-grams of nickel in your system to have any long-term health effects.

http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927372

Reactions: Kaezziel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread