About to give up on sub-ohm vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewill45

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
So often I get more splatter than vapor. I've tried using less cotton and more cotton but still end up with too much splatter. My best vape comes with about a 1.4 on my Provari at about 4.5 volts. I'd like to get the mounds of vaper some get with sub-ohm but just can't seem to get it right. Any suggestions?

My last sub-ohm wrap was with 28 gauge, 7 wrap, that set at about .7 giving me between 5 and 6 amps.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
So often I get more splatter than vapor. I've tried using less cotton and more cotton but still end up with too much splatter. My best vape comes with about a 1.4 on my Provari at about 4.5 volts. I'd like to get the mounds of vaper some get with sub-ohm but just can't seem to get it right. Any suggestions?

My last sub-ohm wrap was with 28 gauge, 7 wrap, that set at about .7 giving me between 5 and 6 amps.
I'm sorry... can you be more clear? You've written it as though you're doing a .7Ω coil(s) with a Provari... and a Provari won't deliver the amperage you suggest.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I'm sorry... can you be more clear? You've written it as though you're doing a .7Ω coil(s) with a Provari... and a Provari won't deliver the amperage you suggest.

I think he just means he prefers the vape of his provari with the mentioned configuration over his subohm setups.

To the OP:

I've always found splattering has far more to do with the way your build is setup, than it does just pure power levels. Not leaving enough free airspace around the coil, so the draw just sucks juice up a bit, too close to the deck causing pooled liquid to explode, wick related issues, there are many things that can cause it.

Also, are you getting actual forceful splatter or is it just juice on your mouth after taking a draw? Because with some driptips the high amounts of vapor with subohm can just cause a large amount of condensation to build up which ends up spitting out. Using a drip tip with a much wider bore solves this usually, although if actual exploding juice splatter is the cause, a bigger bore driptip will make things worse.

When you fire it with the cap off, can you see those arcing little drops of flash vaporizing juice shooting off? Do you see juice pooled around the coil or on the deck anywhere? Does this always happen or just after dripping (which means overdripping?)

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Big clouds w/o splatter.
see mcvapes and vapehappy.
Quad coil, cotton, 0.6 ohms, twisted wire (one piece only), dual 1/8" air holes.

Attachments

• DSC_3243.jpg
    DSC_3243.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,775
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread