Status
Not open for further replies.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I recently purchased a bright red finished V2 at a bargain basement price. It began to chip immediately. I found underneath the "Paint" a hard chrome finish lurked. Working at it with a US quarter reveled a decent look beneath. However it appeared the color versions are flawed painted versions that have been selected to cover the flaws in the plating. Some small pits and scratches were revealed after the red covering was removed. Looks better I think you will agree.

Attachments

• CAM00008.jpg
    CAM00008.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 97
  • CAM00004.jpg
    CAM00004.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 109

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
The markings you found are international compliance markings. They are on all of the Vamos that I've seen.
FYI, Jwarps will cover finish damage and personalize your Vamo.
fasttech now sells V2 aluminum Vamos in half a dozen different colors. Anodized not painted. ($25 USD)
Own 1, 3 more on order, 7 given as christmas gifts. So far, no finish or performance issues seen or reported.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
The markings you found are international compliance markings. They are on all of the Vamos that I've seen.
FYI, Jwarps will cover finish damage and personalize your Vamo.
fasttech now sells V2 aluminum Vamos in half a dozen different colors. Anodized not painted. ($25 USD)
Own 1, 3 more on order, 7 given as christmas gifts. So far, no finish or performance issues seen or reported.

I have a feeling the dull finish is the anodized and bright are the enameled rejects. That's why it was a bargain price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread