Status
Not open for further replies.

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Short answer is yes Noreen. The only physical difference in the 2 cartos is the cone shape of the Igo cartos. Based on feedback from OMG and others that have used the Mohawkz Method of cleaning on Igo Cartos, it went very well.

I am confident that his method would work for almost any large capacity horizontal coil carto. The only thing that may differ slitghtly is the diameter of the straw used for reinserting the filler and batting after cleaning but you can check that ahead of time with the tip off.

Let us know if you run into any problems or need a question answered. :)

Thanks so much. Still having all kinds of trouble. I swear this whole vaping thing is more frustrating than anything I imagined.

The I Go battery system just doesn't seem to work right. I charged each one for 8 hours--no light ever turned green.
One seems to work, sort of, Make strange noises when you draw on it. One draw will be just a little bit of vapor. Another draw will have tons of it.

I filled my cartos with NHaler Halo Menthol Ice. Let them sit 24 hours. All I taste is a sort of burnt filter taste. If there is any menthol in there I sure can't taste it. I've watched Drew's U Tube video (the Nhaler one) and tried to do everything exactly as he said. Wonder how long it is going to take me to get all this sorted out. People seem to really enjoy vaping and i want to quit analogs.

Thanks for all your help.

soulkeeper

May 28, 2011
colorado
Anyone recommend a different e-cig? I’ve also been having nothing but issues as well with my go-go.

first battery would not fire at all after going through about 10ml of juice, battery was fully charged and it was just not firing, would blink 3 times as if were dead, and I know it was charged because I watched the light on the charger go from red to green after about 4 hours of charging.

Was told on here to pry up a little bit on the center conductor, I barely moved it at all and the whole center conductor popped out, the battery shorted out or something also because the light came on and the battery got so hot I had to throw it at the sink because it burned me.

That battery was sent back to greenhouseone, still waiting for a return.

And now my second battery is acting up as well, the carto will not fire when it’s all the way screwed down, I have to barely thread it down for it to fire otherwise it just blinks 3 times. I took the carto off and noticed if I put an eraser on the center post and put a little bit of pressure it blinks, when I let off the button fires.

I also notice the battery rattles inside like someone else said theirs did in this thread.

soulkeeper

May 28, 2011
colorado
Oh and just FYI, after the center part popped out and it cooled down I was able to look inside. The center post on the battery is only being held on by a cardboard tube like thing about 4mm long. The center post goes into the hole and the bottom end only protrudes down into the cardboard tube about 2-3mm along with 2 wires soldered to the bottom.

so yea not allot of slack at all, and once the center post slides off, the cardboard tube falls down into the battery, no way of sliding it back on unless you went in from the bottom.

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
Anyone recommend a different e-cig? I’ve also been having nothing but issues as well with my go-go.

first battery would not fire at all after going through about 10ml of juice, battery was fully charged and it was just not firing, would blink 3 times as if were dead, and I know it was charged because I watched the light on the charger go from red to green after about 4 hours of charging.

Was told on here to pry up a little bit on the center conductor, I barely moved it at all and the whole center conductor popped out, the battery shorted out or something also because the light came on and the battery got so hot I had to throw it at the sink because it burned me.

That battery was sent back to greenhouseone, still waiting for a return.

And now my second battery is acting up as well, the carto will not fire when it’s all the way screwed down, I have to barely thread it down for it to fire otherwise it just blinks 3 times. I took the carto off and noticed if I put an eraser on the center post and put a little bit of pressure it blinks, when I let off the button fires.

I also notice the battery rattles inside like someone else said theirs did in this thread.

It sounds like you got some duds from a bad batch - DOA. Try contacting your vendor to see what they say. I have 4 GoGo's with no problems of any kind after lengthy use still going strong.

madmach

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
El Paso Tx
Soulkeeper i did not know that greenhouseone got on the gogo band wagon nice to know that there is more places to get them.there has been a lot said about them good and bad.but i have been lucky with them from the start with them with out alot of trouble from them. massing around with the battery is not a good thing to do and if you look at the cart,s the end is also floating just like the batterys do.some have said ver2 of the carts are having trouble with taste.

soulkeeper

May 28, 2011
colorado
I figured out exactly what is going wrong with my batteries.

What’s happening is the oring that is between the center post and the battery is damaged, I think this happened because the charger was filed down, thus putting more pressure on the center post, that more pressure squished the o-ring which allows the post to touch the metal on the battery.

That center post can’t touch the battery case as it grounds out, in which case it trips the safety mechanism and auto shuts off (blinks 3 times)

That explains why I can’t screw down my carto all the way down...

so, I already sent off the 1st battery to greenhouseone, it takes 1-2 months to get one back, really don’t feel like waiting that long to have a second one sent back for 15 bucks shipping.

Anyone have any creative ideas at all on how I can prevent that center post from being pressed down against the metal? I thought about another o-ring but I don’t want to risk pulling out another post, maybe some liquid rubber or something I can squirt around the seams?

Just happy I figured out what was wrong with it, was driving me crazy, I fix F-16’s for a living and couldn’t figure out this dang thing lol.

ChrisToff

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Midwest Ohio
Just received a GoGo from GOGOusa. Couple of questions.

1. Charger. I don't notice that the plastic is overhanging on the charger to require. I plug the charger in. The AC Adapter has a green light. No light on the part that plugs into the GoGo. I plug the GoGo into it. The light on the AC stays green, the part that plugs into the PV turns red. I also only screw it in part way before it turns red, all the way and the light goes off. I read that is normal tho. I took the battery off a few minutes later just because I was testing the charger. The light on the battery blinks three times, and then it slowly pulsates it's blue light.. non stop. It's still doing that. I plug one of the carts into it and it stops. Take the cart off, and it starts blinking again.

2. Also, I noticed for the short time it was plugged into the charger the metal part on the battery started to get a little warm. Is that normal?

3. Drip tips. I had ordered some Dse-801 penstyle Blank cartridges with the whistle tips from ecig supply? Are those the wrong ones? They are too small for the GoGo. What should I order? I've been wanting to order some twisted drip tips for my regular ego PT, are there any on Nhaler that would work on this?

Any other questions I come across I'll ask. Thanks folks.

ChrisToff

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Midwest Ohio
Might as well add a question #4 while I'm at it.

4.) Never used a cartomizer in my life. Been a debridge, dewick, dripper. How will I know when a cartomizer has been refilled one too many times and is time to go bye-bye? Is it when it reaches that point that I could try and wash it and do it?

Better yet:

How often should I take it apart and wash it?
When is it done, for good?

Are those two questions separate from each other?

Thanks again to whomever is able to help a new GoGo user.

Last edited:

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
just sharing a "tip" in case someone has the same "issue". i noticed that both my GOGO batteries werent charging well, and the vapor production had dropped. i thought my batteries or chargers were dying. i cleaned the battery terminal with rubbing alcohol and also the charger (where the battery screws in at) and voila! just like new..charged beautifully!

radiated1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
kansas city mo
Chris.....I have and igo. While similar not the same. I can't help with q 2 and 3.

Q1) charger should start red, when close to charge complete will flash red/blue. The closer to fully charged the faster the flash. Should change to solid blue when fully charged.

Q4) depends on juice and vaping habits. For me I rebuild/clean after every fill and do not top off. The reason is I like dark sweet juice. I also vape about 8-10 ml a day. Tend to chain vape. When I have tried to top off my hits get really harsh. When I pull out filler it has caramelized juice on bottom of it. I'm not going to give up my juice it keeps me off analogs. Others can top off for many times with no problem. Time to clean if you get harsh hits, hard to draw, loss of flavor, or loss of vapor. I have lost my 3 original carto's. They are finished when they no longer fire. Check out thread how to rebuild Gogo carto for info on cleaning/rebuilding.

Hope GIGO user shows up for the other questions.

radiated1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
kansas city mo
Noreen...I rebuild my igo carto's all the time. One difference besides the straw size is because of narrow top I have to use thinner fluval and pack down more for it to fit through the top. Also large straw is too small inside. I just move it around the sides after removing both the straws to have filler below middle tube.

old hippy

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Magnolia,Kentucky
I use Boba's bounty and gorilla juice in both my Go-go carto's and in my boge ego carto's with no problems at all.
But, I do fill with a syringe and and also top off with drops and give both a bit more time to settle in.
( maybe a half hour after the syringe fill and only a minute or two if topping off via drops )

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Does anybody know any other carto/atomizer that work with the Go-Go? And what drip tip fits the Go-Go- best? the Mega-A tips doesn't always fit :(

The 801 hard plastic cartridge whistle tips from Nhaler work very good on them. You need to push them on a little farther than normal but they fit very tight. They cost 4.00 for five cartridges and you just pull the tip off. 801 Cartridges

Bayemon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Omaha
OK, wanted to ask on here before I count this battery as dead and toss it. I have only used it for maybe three weeks, it might just be a unlucky battery that died quicker than my others.

I vaped it fine with no problem and the last time it ran down to reset level, 15 flashes. When I screw it into the charger it blinks 3 times, like normal... but then it pauses and then blinks 3 times again. The light on the charger stays green, it does not turn red or even yellow.

I tried tugging the post out on the battery a hair, despite the fact that it was obviously making a connection, just to see if that worked, but nothing. Still does the same thing.

Any other thoughts on trying to snap a battery back to life? Like I said, might just be a short timer I have to shrug my shoulders and move on with.

SSV2

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Pleasantville, USA
www.cigeasy.com
When I screw it into the charger it blinks 3 times, like normal... but then it pauses and then blinks 3 times again. The light on the charger stays green, it does not turn red or even yellow.

Symptoms stongly indicate that either the postive red wire or Black negative ground wire internally has become detached from the PCB to internal battery. Hence, 3x flash and 3x flash again. You could test the battery by using an inexpensive Digital Voltage Meter (Radio Shack) to verify if battery shows a charge?

It can be repaired by resoldering detached wire in order to restore electrical current.

SSV2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread