Status
Not open for further replies.

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
"Da808Puffa" Glad you enjoy it...... at least your not smoking. Amongst all the PV's I have, I still have and use eGo type batteries. I have three different types of the T-tanks.."from diff venders" and they just didn't work for me so I used LR/Low resistant cartomizers and clearomizers on the eGo batt.... we all have our own preferences:)

hawkfire1

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Hawaii
Hello,

Very defensive aren't you?

I've been active in the vaping community in Honolulu since 2007 and I know all the current local licensed sellers on Oahu.

The company you posted has no local market location here Storewise. You had a good experience with them.

Good for you.

Perhaps you might be mistaken on the amount of time you owned this pv.

Let's call it a slight oversight.

I am curious about a few things though, especially how you heard about this local company, but I do not wish to argue with you.

Despite my misgivings, if you are local in Honolulu, I will offer my assistance should you need it and we can meet at one of the vape spots in person should you have a technical issue with your pv or might be curious and want to check out other models or mods if you are a newbie and want to stick with vaping.

You can pm me anytime if interested or you need the support.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
That looks like my friend's first ecig foray, an Ego-T clone from dealextreme. The quality was good and he only paid about $18. The problem was the thing ended up leaking ejuice. Yours will too eventually. He eventually bought a real Ego-T. He's now on his 4th one and he gave me his second one :).

The only problem I see is you overpaid for an ego-t clone. Check out dealextreme for much better prices on clones. I just ordered myself an ego-t clone from them for 2 extra batteries, extra chargers and 2 throw around attys. All for the low price of $42.

You want to know how to tell a cheap clone from a real one? The cheap clones batteries don't turn off no mater how many times you click the button. Try it on yours, if it doesn't turn off you got a cheap clone.

Edit: Just saw the pic of the kit: http://www.smokegear.com/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/slide_SGT_kit.jpg.

Check out the user posted pic of the DX ego-t clone I bought for spare parts: https://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/browseCustomerPhotos.dx/sku.70947~id.108951

They look very similar. :D

Last edited:

hawkfire1

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Hawaii
That looks like my friend's first ecig foray, an Ego-T clone from dealextreme. The quality was good and he only paid about $18. The problem was the thing ended up leaking ejuice. Yours will too eventually. He eventually bought a real Ego-T. he's now on his 4th one and I have his second one :).

The only problem I see is you overpaid for an ego-t clone. Check out dealextreme for much better prices on clones. I just ordered myself an ego-t clone from them for 2 extra batteries, 2 extra chargers and a throw around attys. All for the low price of $30.

You want to know how to tell a cheap clone from a real one? The cheap clones batteries don't turn off no mater how many times you click the button. Try it on yours, if it doesn't turn off you got a cheap clone.

hello,

That is not necessarily true and only applies to the newer joyetech ego batteries.

Older generation Genuine joyetech EGO 650 and 1000 batteries don't have the button click off function and there are vendors still selling those. These are the ones that come with the button guard.

ThreePutt

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
DFW Texas
The only problem I see is you overpaid for an ego-t clone. Check out dealextreme for much better prices on clones. I just ordered myself an ego-t clone from them for 2 extra batteries, extra chargers and 2 throw around attys. All for the low price of $42.

Well, it's all said and done, now. He's got the unit, he's happy, and he's off analogs, which is the primary benefit (and in my opinion, priceless). I, too, paid too much for my eGo-T at a local brick-and-mortar. $90 a pop - one for me and one for the wife. However, the service that I received from my brick-and-mortar was well worth the extra cost, as I found a PV that fit my needs, instead of me guessing.

Heck, if we want to really get down to brass tacks, we're all paying too much, even ordering online, as the manufacturers will sell them to you for $20. And we all know that the price of juice is hiked well beyond what it costs to make. Still, I want to support our vendors, and the brick-and-mortars, and won't look down on somebody that found something, even if they could find it for less somewhere. My first foray into e-cigs were the mall kiosk variety, and I was down $300 for those pieces of ..... Newb mistake.

But the ultimate goal is to get off the analogs. If that goal is reached, then it's 100% success, regardless of the initial cost.

Da808Puffa

Jun 29, 2011
Honolulu
No I not defensive, just have to establish that I am not a spammer immediately before I am labeled as such and nobody listens to me :) You understand. As for the amount of time I have had the device, yeah it has been going on over four months at this point if I am counting correctly. I found the company by randomly searching. Call it a stumble upon it type moment. I know that these guys have revamped their site recently, bc it didn't look like it does now when I ordered mine. Also I don't think they have a store, but I have seen people selling them in random spots. Yes I do live on Oahu. I live in Ewa. If I have any issues, I will definitely let you know and meet up with you. I appreciate all the help! I just don't like being labeled directly from the start. I not making trouble though, I didn't make the company. I just bought a pv. So I can only answer questions to a certain point. Like I said before I think it's clear that I overpaid, but past is past. It works well, it looks cool, and I haven't smoked a cigarette in a long time. Being somebody who smoked over a pack a day for 13 years, this is a big deal to me. I say all of this just to lay it all out there. Nothing in a negative way. No attitude, no sarcasm, I just stating what went down. I appreciate everyone helping me on this forum, and I appreciate you, Hawkfire, for being concerned. I plan on being more active in the forum and in the vaping community, so you will see me around.

Shoots

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
No I not defensive, just have to establish that I am not a spammer immediately before I am labeled as such and nobody listens to me :) You understand. As for the amount of time I have had the device, yeah it has been going on over four months at this point if I am counting correctly. I found the company by randomly searching. Call it a stumble upon it type moment. I know that these guys have revamped their site recently, bc it didn't look like it does now when I ordered mine. Also I don't think they have a store, but I have seen people selling them in random spots. Yes I do live on Oahu. I live in Ewa. If I have any issues, I will definitely let you know and meet up with you. I appreciate all the help! I just don't like being labeled directly from the start. I not making trouble though, I didn't make the company. I just bought a pv. So I can only answer questions to a certain point. Like I said before I think it's clear that I overpaid, but past is past. It works well, it looks cool, and I haven't smoked a cigarette in a long time. Being somebody who smoked over a pack a day for 13 years, this is a big deal to me. I say all of this just to lay it all out there. Nothing in a negative way. No attitude, no sarcasm, I just stating what went down. I appreciate everyone helping me on this forum, and I appreciate you, Hawkfire, for being concerned. I plan on being more active in the forum and in the vaping community, so you will see me around.

Shoots
Good for you........:)My wife has the 650 eGO passthru batt witch is essentially the same thing and has been her primary batt for 8 months now.
I do recommend buying from the venders that are listed on this site...they are fair and you can chat or PM with them or even speak with them directly.... I will say though,.. I do order from a site that is not listed here and is an awesome vender called.. mikeandcarolsinternetstore.com Mike has really-really good pricing on the Joye Tech / eGo products. Checkem out:p

MattZuke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2011
A, A
I know the name sounds a little shakey, but the Smoke Gear SGT is a solid product. I had vaped before, but was starting to tire of the novice models of E-cigs. I had a Riva 510 and a Mega Trex, neither of which could hold up to my usage and needs.

I find this a little shocking. Where did you buy your Mega T-rex? Around Feb/March I picked up my 900mAh T-rex, and I'm still using it. It's not a tank, but stock is 2.5ohm, a little tight on the draw, but a fab unit.

I opened the box and was immediately taken back by the fact that unlike with the Riva and the Mega Trex, I was given TWO FULL DEVICES!

Mine was the retail box, two "complete" kits sans cones. The Kingpins version, only ~650mAh was two complete kits, two cones, as with the Liberty Flights "mega" editions. I imagine this is normal for tanks, but I never bought a tank.

The price though, is a tad high.

Now here's what's interesting. Smoke Gear SGT claims to use synthetic nicotine. This "could" be true, but from my limited understanding it's too expensive, and some claim side effects worse than naturally extracted nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread