• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A problem with the cone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
Hello to all, and thanks for the invite here, Stu.
Let me start by saying that I love my eGo! My introduction to vaping was with a Joye 510. Easy to use and a great starter PV, but between the constant battery juggling and inconsistent performance, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to stick with it.

Now, thanks to Mik and all the great people at Janty, I have laid down cigarettes for the 1st time in 30yrs. This device has literally changed (and hopefully extended) my life :D I could not be more pleased by the way it performs. But....

I don't get the cone. I understand it's purpose was to make the device more "sleek", and it does help with the size transition between the batt and atty. Also, to prevent the typical leaks that 510 attys tend to suffer from. Some people even claim it helps heat the vapor, and creates a truer "smoke like" experience. All may be true. But (again)...

It also blocks the little air holes under the atty :confused: I find that it makes drawing on the cart a LOT harder. By the end of the evening, my cheeks are exhausted from having to work so hard. So now I just leave it off all the time, and it works perfectly.

Am I the only one? Any suggestions? I've been thinking about drilling two tiny ventilation holes into the cone.

I know, I know..."Just leave it off". Normally I wouldn't care, but this thing just looks sooo slick when it's fully assembled. And I love the way it feels in my hand. Darn ego! (mine not Janty's ) :lol:

Last edited:

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
I would open a ticket with Janty with this issue and maybe have something replaced. You had mentioned that you are hurting from drawing all night with the cone on, that should not be. Let them advise and they may want to replace the batteries or cone, but let Janty advise you on that. You should not be having that type of trouble while using the cone.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey Lovin,
As Jimi said, open a ticket for this problem with Janty... But...
Let me ask you a couple of questions first, if I may...
How are you useing the eGo? As in drawing wise? Do you take slow puff's or try to use it like a cig? This is important as I always used my 510 in the beggining as a reg cig and that was wrong. Even my wife would do the same thing when she started with her 808's. I know that you need to do long and SLOW puff's and I never could until the eGo. I had no choice but to do it that way. Yes the drag was harder, but its set up like that. Hence thats why Mik said the cone can be adjusted to give a lighter or harder draw.
Try this first before opening a ticket and see how it works, please. This way you will know exactly what to say to Ethan. First, push button on for 1 second before taking any drag. Then start to drag on the eGo and very, very slowly take your puff. This will prevent you from dragging too hard (also have the cone on all the way). How does this help you? is it better?
Second, if its still hard while you take the long and very slow (important to do) puffs, try to losen up the cone by one full turn (taking off) and do a full turn with every drag so as to see how much lighter you are drawing the vapor in with. Is it better if you turn the cone in the (taking off ) position? If so, there might be a problem with how the atty is seated with the battery. (now you know why I ask you to do these things first so you can let Janty know what you have done and it might give them an idea if there is a problem).
I use to drag on my 510 like a cig and that ws the wrong way to use e-cigs. I now let the atty start for about 1 second before taking a drag and as I start to drag, I take very slow puffs and this gives me a wicked TH and lots of vapor and flavor..
So in sense, what is happening is that you are allowing the vapor to get produced quicker than inhaling it (proper way to use an e-cig) and its like the vapor (as it gets produced) needs less of a pull from you and kinda goes into your mouth on its own.. Make sense? It does if you give this a try.
So, before you open a ticket, please try this first.. If you still have a problem, than open a ticket.
I am just trying to help here..
Remember, VERY SLOW DRAGS and longer ones too if need be..
Also lighter, as in let the vapor (as you drag lightly) flow into your mouth, kinda on its own while dragging it in (pulling with your lungs)..
Stu;)

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. And the detailed advice, stu.

I followed your directions word-for-word starting this morning, but could only make it till about 3:00pm. My jaws just gave out, and I then had to remove the cone.

I PM'ed Mik with a link to this thread, asking his thoughts. He suggested many different possibilities, but decided I needed to switch attys for a day and see what happens.

I had already placed an order with madvapes.com last week for 4 new attys, so when they arrive I'll update everyone.

Thanks again.

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
Hi everyone,

Just to give ya'll an update. Received my new attys and gave them a try. Still the same...really hard to draw :( And coincidentally, I also had a battery failure yesterday :(:( I let Mik know and he put me in touch with Ethan. They're thinking that maybe the cones tolerances were somehow off during manufacturing.

So, because of my problems...I'm getting a brand new eGo :D:D:D
What a great bunch of people who really care about customer service. Going "above and beyond" is why I'll be a customer for life. Thanks Janty :thumbs:

Last edited:

Ctrl F8

Jan 28, 2010
So. California
...I don't get the cone. I understand it's purpose was to make the device more "sleek", and it does help with the size transition between the batt and atty. Also, to prevent the typical leaks that 510 attys tend to suffer from. Some people even claim it helps heat the vapor, and creates a truer "smoke like" experience. All may be true. But (again)...

It also blocks the little air holes under the atty :confused: I find that it makes drawing on the cart a LOT harder. By the end of the evening, my cheeks are exhausted from having to work so hard. So now I just leave it off all the time, and it works perfectly.

Am I the only one? Any suggestions? I've been thinking about drilling two tiny ventilation holes into the cone.

I know, I know..."Just leave it off". Normally I wouldn't care, but this thing just looks sooo slick when it's fully assembled. And I love the way it feels in my hand. Darn ego! (mine not Janty's ) :lol:

I've tried it both ways and find the draw is lighter without the cone, but the cone produces a richer experience, including a richer flavor.

I also found that the viscosity of the liquid and the ingredients (VG/PG ratio) makes a difference, and I only say this because I have been experimenting with DIY and noticed a difference with thinner liquid.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread