A Nurses response to the bogus articles against E-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

egicn

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
california
I was reading an article about the harm to lungs with e-cigs and saw this nurses response. I LOVE IT! Feel free to copy and paste it everywhere you see negative articles on E-cigs

"This article upsets me to NO end! I am a Respiratory Registered Nurse. I work for an oxygen company. In just 9 months I have seen patients get off of oxygen AND their lung function IMPROVE from YES, E-cigs. You can't fool me that E-cigs are "harming" the lungs. If they are, where is the comparison to that of cigarettes??? I have seen E-cigs help control the progression of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseased patient's when pure oxygen and other FDA approved medications DIDN'T. Why not mention this? Let me let you in on a little secret. Big pharmaceutical companies pay MILLIONS to get ads out there to get people off of E-cigs. WHY? Their patches, gum, inhalers, etc are losing millions if not billions from the best invention to date...E-Cigs. Are they perfect? No. Would I rather be around someone smoking an E-cig than someone wearing perfume? Yes. The risk of lung irritation is much less. Some people go into full blown asthma attacks just from people wearing perfume. Have you ever witnessed this from an E-cig? I doubt it! Did you know that working at the post office may be more hazardous to your health from all of the paper dust then an E-cig. The air pollution may be more dangerous to your health than an E-cig. Am I saying one should constantly puff on an E-cig? Absolutely not, but the patient's I know who have used it in REPLACE Of their cigarettes have been praised by their doctors for their "LUNG IMPROVEMENT!" The people who wrote this article must not have a conscience!!! How can you sleep at night knowing that millions die per year from cigarettes. These poor people need your help and support! I don't smoke, never have. As a nurse for over 15 years, I have seen tobacco cigarettes take lives over and over again. Since my patients have been on E-cigs I have only seen lung improvement. You should be ashamed of yourself...motivated by greed makes me sick!!!"

Last edited:

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
Very interesting comments but I would like to a link to the article if possible.

There is a link - ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2012-09-03-e-cigarettes-may-damage-lungs/]E-cigarettes 'may damage lungs' - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health

Last edited by a moderator:

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
Okay, that second article just ...... me off. Badly written and extremely biased.

Am I the only one who has the urge to stock up on gallons of DIY supplies when reading that tripe? The hammer is going to fall sooner or later and at the very least they're going to force some kind of heavy tax on this stuff. The handwriting is on the wall.

Welcome to the USSA. :mad:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
My step daughter is a nurse and vapes, so alot of medical professionals use ecigs. I have to agree with what the respiratory nurse above states, that is only about money, after all this is the bottom line for all corps including Big Phrama. They really care about health alright, the health of their bank accounts. bnrk

iceman68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Okay, that second article just ...... me off. Badly written and extremely biased.

Am I the only one who has the urge to stock up on gallons of DIY supplies when reading that tripe? The hammer is going to fall sooner or later and at the very least they're going to force some kind of heavy tax on this stuff. The handwriting is on the wall.

I've already started stocking up. You're right, the hammer will fall. It's not a question of "if" it will but "when" it will. Power and Money (read as BP and BT) will get their way.

The nurse's statement, "motivated by greed...", sums it up. Money and profit is top priority, everything else is secondary. And I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of the nurse's statement, "... makes me sick!".

egicn

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
california

I hear you about stocking up. Next they will say China is trying to poison us, so not to trust them...when most all ecig supplies that I use come from China...scary times ahead if we don't speak out!

tgtsv5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
San Jacinto, CA
The AAPHP released a statement that electronic cigarettes “
could save the lives of 4 million of the 8 million
current adult American smokers who will otherwise die
of a tobacco-related illness
over the next 20 years." enuff said!

okay, I have got to chime in. I have been a nurse for 26 years; with the last 9 years as a hospice nurse. In my opinion, I really don't think the powers that be want us to live to a ripe old age. Given the circumstances with Social Security, health care, Medicare, etc. but I don't want to turn this thread into a political statement either. I will say that electronic cigarettes have greatly helped me in some of my patients. I used to get multiple upper respiratory infections every year when I smoked. I also suffered from asthma and had severe allergies too many things… But no longer. since I started to vape I have not had a single respiratory problem; except the occasional allergy cats. But that's only in households who do not take care of their cat and the litter box. I have also discovered that you can add certain things to the liquid for electronic cigarettes such as albuterol. I have had patients that wanted to smoke and couldn't because their lungs would just not take it; but I give them a electronic cigarette with a little bit of albuterol mixed with the juice and they have a great time.
I sure hope they don't eventually ban electronic cigarettes and the components that go with them. If they do, I'm sure that stuff will reach the black market.

vwkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
CT
My boyfriend and basically all his friends smoke. They're young and invincible, as we all once were. They poke fun at me for vaping, my boyfriend has basically gotten over it and lost interest in the amusement it once had, but a few of his friends still get on me about it. One (who seriously is one of the most annoying humans I've met to date) went on one day about how ecigs kill babies (HUH?!) I wouldn't smoke or vape around any children, and of course would not suggest for anyone pregnant or nursing to do either as well. He kept going on and on about how cigarettes are "tried and true" and "who knows what's in that thing." Give me a break, I know what's in this! Another friend who had been curious about my ecigs and tried my flavors, even grabbed my spare eGo Twist while in my car and vaped on our way somewhere, has now "done some research" and decided he doesn't even want to take one more puff. I told him his "research" is all supported by big tobacco I'm sure. As he continues to chain smoke.

Strangebrew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
NE Tennessee
Concerning my Personal Vaporizer. I dislike any reference of my PV to an E-Cig or any other term related to a cigarette.
Taken from Wikipedia; The Free Encyclopedia
Cigarette Construction
Modern commercially manufactured cigarettes are seemingly simple objects consisting mainly of a tobacco blend, paper, PVA glue to bond the outer layer of paper together, and often also a cellulose acetate–based filter. While the assembly of cigarettes is straightforward, much focus is given to the creation of each of the components, in particular the tobacco blend. A key ingredient that makes cigarettes more addictive is the inclusion of reconstituted tobacco, which has additives to make nicotine more volatile as the cigarette burns.

My PV doesn't contain paper, a filter, or tobacco. My PV does have nicotine which is in a controlled amount.
I remember an article from over ten years past. Stating tobacco could be use as a food product; eat on that. lol

egicn

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
california
My boyfriend and basically all his friends smoke. They're young and invincible, as we all once were. They poke fun at me for vaping, my boyfriend has basically gotten over it and lost interest in the amusement it once had, but a few of his friends still get on me about it. One (who seriously is one of the most annoying humans I've met to date) went on one day about how ecigs kill babies (HUH?!) I wouldn't smoke or vape around any children, and of course would not suggest for anyone pregnant or nursing to do either as well. He kept going on and on about how cigarettes are "tried and true" and "who knows what's in that thing." Give me a break, I know what's in this! Another friend who had been curious about my ecigs and tried my flavors, even grabbed my spare eGo Twist while in my car and vaped on our way somewhere, has now "done some research" and decided he doesn't even want to take one more puff. I told him his "research" is all supported by big tobacco I'm sure. As he continues to chain smoke.

It appears that over 90% of the doctors will tell you they approve to ecigs. We took a vote here
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/polls/120181-did-your-doctor-approve-your-vaping.html

Here is an article on "researchers" getting paid to send out anti-ecig ads
http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/2012/10/anti-smoking-groups-that-oppose.html

Last edited:

egicn

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
california
I saw (and enjoyed) this from another member and stole it!:toast:

"The use of electronic cigarettes have recently grabbed the attention of countless tobacco users worldwide. Are they really a healthier and cheaper alternative to traditional cigarettes? Creators and product users claim you can enjoy a cheaper, healthier cigarette without the bad smells, second-hand smoke, or cancer causing chemicals. With these huge claims, we decided to investigate the electronic cigarette for our readers.

A few of the benefits claimed from using the electronic cigarette:

No tar, tobacco, carbon monoxide, or ash.
Get the same amount of nicotine as a regular cigarette.
Each cartridge costs less than $2, and is equivalent to an entire pack of cigarettes.
The average consumer can expect to save over $1,000 each year
You won’t “smell” like a smoker any longer.
Different flavors are available.
No more second-hand smoke.

We first researched exactly what expert medical doctors and product users had to say about electronic cigarettes, and the results were surprising. In fact, a study by researchers at the Boston University School of Public Health in 2010 concluded that electronic cigarettes were safer than real cigarettes and may aid in breaking the habit of smoking. "Electronic cigarettes were found to be "much safer" than traditional tobacco ones, and had a level of toxicity similar to existing nicotine replacements". In the report, the level of carcinogens in electronic cigarettes was found to be up to 1,000 times lower than regular cigarettes. It also said early evidence shows that electronic cigarettes may help people to stop smoking by simulating a tobacco cigarette.

Doctors have even suggested that while utilizing the electronic cigarette, there is virtually no risk of getting cancer. These conclusions come from studies which show that nicotine is about as equally harmful to your health as caffeine. These studies also show that the real harm in traditional cigarettes comes from the tobacco smoke and the hundreds of additional added chemicals.

Four very well known doctors, from the popular TV show “The Doctors”, have also studied the electronic cigarette and was featured as one of their top 10 key health trends for 2010.

“The Electronic Cigarette gives you nicotine, but it doesn't give you any of the other 4,000 chemicals from a cigarette that can cause cancer, among other problems..” - Dr. Travis Stork from “The Doctors”

We also learned that the electronic cigarette is not encompassed by most smoking bans and regulations. With the lack of second-hand smoke, smokers are excited to find that many businesses, bars, and even air planes allow them to smoke e-cigarettes indoors. Many electronic cigarette users have also received special permission from their employers to smoke e-cigarettes in the work place.

In the United States alone, over 700,000 smokers have already switched to electronic cigarettes. Beverly, a smoker of 15 years was interviewed , one of the many whose life has dramatically changed thanks to the electronic cigarette. She concluded that she smoked almost two packs a day for 15 years, and she thought that she would never quit. To her surprise though, when she tried electronic cigarettes she was able to become cigarette free two days later. “As a smoker, I would recommend this product to anyone who plans on becoming cigarette free. Its a great alternative, and it still gives you the action of smoking. You inhale and blow out, unlike an awkward nicotine patch or chewing gum.” – Beverly

We have researched a number of positive testimonials such as this one and we feel that as more and more Americans are made aware of this new technology, that more and more smokers will make the switch. Our interviews and research have found that the electronic cigarette will quickly become the #1 choice for smokers looking to lead a healthier lifestyle. With the high cost of smoking traditional cigarettes, and with the danger cigarettes bring to your health, we give our recommendation and “thumbs up” to anyone looking to give these devices a try."

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-see-positive-news-article-about-vaping.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread