a little sneak peak at whats comming in on monday evo.jpg

Song

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Montreal Canada
www.vaporus.com
heh thanks devilfishphil =)

Usually I don't like giving out stats of stuff before I actually get the items and test them out myself but since the number are already out and some of them plain actually wrong, I think i need to clarify a few things about this mod:

As far as i know it uses a Buck Pulse Width Modulator Stepdown Voltage Regulator unlike the lavatube which was a step up regulator. Meaning that:

a 16650 battery rated at 2100mah will not be a variable voltage since its a step down regulator. The only option you have with a 16650 battery is the "ego mode" which is 3.7v

with 2 16340 700mah batteries to make it a variable voltage. with this you have 3 voltage options:

Green Color 4V
Orange Color 4.5V
Red Color 5V

Pretty much means that the EVO has 4 voltage options if your willing to switch out batteries and 3 voltage options if you use 2x 700mah batteries.

Now the battery capacity given by loongtotem for 2 16350 batteries in a EVO of 1400mah is plain wrong, someone correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure in a series connection which is what the 2 16350s are the voltage is double but capacity remains the same. Meaning that even with 2 163500 700mah batteries your total capacity is still 700mah but at 7.4 nominal volt ( its higher when fully charged but we will just got with nominal for now). the pulse modulation thou from what I heard does help into giving it a respectable duration per charge thou.

So again:

1 16650 battery = 3.7v no VV options, 2100 mah capacity
2 16350 battery = VV option of 4v, 4.5v , 5v options , 700mah capacity

a better review of this mod is from phil
enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread