A little help for a VV, Lavatube noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimberlyM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2011
The Land of Confusion
OK, the second I see, hear, sense, feel a disturbance in the force that lets me know that Volcano is once again selling kits I will order my Lavatube. But I want to do a few things in advance. All of the cartos I have now are 808's. Is it possible to use those? (I know I would need an 505 to 808 adapter (isn't that correct?)) If so, where would I buy one? I really appreciate any help that you can give me - I am already so worked up about getting one that I am aquiver with excitement!

KimberlyM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2011
The Land of Confusion

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you, yes, it was a typo - I was trying to do too many things at once. Thanks for the help I will buy that adapter right away.

Another thing you might throw in the cart when you get your adapter/s is some Noalox.

It's a cream like substance you put on threads to keep them from corroding and makes a good electrical contact.

I got a couple of adapters for my VVPV and none of them worked. They were too chaep to send back so I just chaulked it up to being junk.

Then I read a thread about adapters not working and to try Moalox. I pick up a tube at Lowes and now the work like a charm.

And a $4.00 tube will last you about 87 Lifetimes. You only need a Very small amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread