(a little) Canadian perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
certain shops that cater to both crowds will not allow anything, because they are NOT allowed...

and umm hit? it's been announced:
Liberals to regulate e-cigarettes to help shield young people from addiction

What municipality? Can you point me to the gov website where this law is defined? Or a local one (ie. not in Toronto)

I'm not trying to be difficult Cheallaigh but one of us is wrong,
probably me, but I want proof to be convinced.

I appreciate your link to the article as I'd not read it but from what I can tell from that is there is nothing on the Federal books yet WRT vaping in a vape shop. Cheers.

SunnyHours

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Canada
Actually, stores OUTSIDE of Quebec CAN sell and ship to Quebec.

Stores IN Quebec CAN'T sell online at all, cannot do any publicity or advertisements, etc. can't have unlocked displays, and can't assist clients much. All the can do is sell locally. From what I understand, they can't really help clients with builds, or explain much, they can only guide the clients to get information online.

Some people with stores got caught using their homes as the shipping address for their incoming stock, and were fined pretty badly over it, and set off a big panic a month ago about getting stuff shipped to Quebec. But it's ok to order and ship TO individuals living in Quebec, as long as it's for personal use and not to resell.

Oh and the most troublesome of all of these laws is they can't promote as a smoking cessation device. They also can't say it helped them quit smoking. Basically it eliminated pretty much every reason to ever get into vaping...

I even heard they can't talk positively about vaping but I'm not sure about this one...

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Sure Cheallaigh, I get there will be legislation, might even hit on Jan. 1st like the healthy choices act did this year. It was totally gutted legislation WRT Sched. 3 other than the minors and signage.

I do not expect you to look for bylaws for me I just thought you might have an example or something concrete other than here say from vape shop workers. All these little municipalities across north ON surely do not all have uniform bylaws WRT vaping. But hey, maybe they all got together and agreed on it.

I'm just always leery when I hear the word "illegal" ever since Health Canada put out it's advisory on eliquid years ago. Word got spread that this advisory made it illegal when in fact there is/was no law on the books. Cheers.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
midland is one town I can tell you about for sure, since it's the closest to me. shops that are strictly for vaping can vape, the other shop cannot... if a shop does both they are limited, Orillia seems to be similar but I only found one shop there... and in midland it's an evape and a head shop for businesses... which is why I end up going south to barrie, Orangeville etc... basically we have been doing some traveling lately and made stops wherever we saw a shop and I can't remember where all we stopped lately.

JMC17

Sep 5, 2016
Canada, Quebec
Let's be careful here folks.

Why we don't allow drug talk

We're dancing around a topic that's not permitted here in some of these posts.

My apologies, I simply wanted to make a point.

Not all of us are vaping to get rid of nicotine addiction, vaping is just as useful with a wide variety of addictions. It's helping more people than just cigarette smokers and sweeping that fact under the rug isn't right!

Still, I understand you already have your hands full and can't fight two battles at once.
I wouldn't want ECF to be hurt in any way. I'll stop dancing from now on, I swear!

As a side note, I tried to remember why or how I got into vaping and how I realized it could help me but I just can't. That was two months ago and I can't even remember what triggered me to spend 800$+ on vaping. Memory was the least of my concerns, you can see how vaping is literally saving my life.

Reactions: Cheallaigh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread