A few juice questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

josie wales

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
wisconsin
I'm pretty new to vaping but I'm really digging it. A few questions....what is steeping? Is this something that should be done to all juices? I'm just putting the juice I buy straight into the tank. Is that wrong?

Also, how does one know about the PG/VG levels, or what the juice is based with? Do some juice makers state this up front? So far I've used Liqua, Halo, and a house brand from a local vape shop. I have no idea if they are PG or VG based. How do you find out?

(I ordered the Halo products yesterday so I'm not sure if that is mentioned on the label)

b2darizzle

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
New Orleans, LA
You don't have to steep - some juices are fine right out of the mailbox, while others need to be left uncapped in a cool, dark place for 3 days to a week (steeping). Every day, put the cap back on, and shake it up. Remove the cap to the vial again and steep some more. It gets rid of that flowery/purfumey smell/taste that some juices have. It can also melllow out a strong juice and even bring out some of the subtleties you didn't even know were there. I honestly steep everything I get at least a day (though I can't help myself from vaping a little almost immediately).

Some juice makers do state the PG/VG ratio of their juices on their sites, but others don't in my experience. Though there are some straight PG or straight VG juices, most are a combination (anywhere from 20% PG/80% VG to 50/50).

Check out Mister-E-Liquid's page - you can customize the ratio of the juice you're ordering on their site. I think the recommended blend by them is 33% VG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread