Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
I only started vaping 6 months ago. I got my neighbor, who was a heavy smoker, into vaping after he mentioned an interest. He saw my setups and asked questions, so I let him try them.

He feeds my cat when I go out of town. I’d been giving him Starbuck’s gift cards, bottles of wine and sometimes cash in exchange. In July, when I went to VaporCon West, I gave him an ego battery, a usb charger, a mini protank, a 5 pack of coils and a couple bottles of juice, that I knew he would like. He’s been vaping ever since and has cut his smoking in half! :vapor:

About a month ago, he and I went to a local vape meet and he won a huge basket of premium juice! :thumbs:

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
I started vaping when disposables showed up at a decent price in gas stations. Bought one just to try it out, and I liked it more than I thought I would. Went online and found ECF, ordered a kit and some juice, and started vaping. It took a few days of smoking and vaping, and then I was able to stop smoking. That was over two years ago, and I'm super happy to have vaping as an alternative.

Thanks for the contest!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I had tried to quit smoking so many times, and failed so many times. My boyfriend brang me home one of those disposable cigalikes (they were not rechargable and supposedly had so many puffs in them) one day, and i really liked it, but i did not like the fact that they died so fast (did not last one day). I met a woman a little after that and she sold ego T kits and eliquid, and i bought a kit and eliquid from her. I started researching and found vaping forums online, and started getting better equipment and now i make my own eliquids and rebuild my coils :) I have started 5 people vaping (2 sisters, 1 sister's boyfriend, one of my friends, and my boyfriends friend) I gave them everything that they needed to get started plus more, and when I can i still give them stuff when they need it :) My boyfriend's friend did not stick with it, but 4 out 5 is pretty good!!

Thank you for the contest and the chance :)

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
I began by seeing ads for the disposable ecigs on TV, then a google search led me here. After registering I got bogged down with life and put vaping on the back burner. Then one day while running errands, I saw a new B&M vaping store had opened in my town. I went in and talked to a nice lady who was their 'mixologist'; she was not very well versed on the products they carried and the boss wasn't going to be back that day. So her and I muddled through setting up a 510 type setup and after smelling a few flavors, decided on one to try. Took my first vape on 9-17-14 and have never looked back- after buying a Kanger EVOD from her I have been cigarette free since that day. I take any opportunity to encourage people to give it a try.

Last edited:

redempti0N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
staten island USA
Are ex Bloog employees exempt as well?
I started vaping when a friend of mine was talking to me about it and I decided to give it a try. At first I loved the concept however the product I originally used was not strong enough and I went back to Analogs but then after seeing the Youtube video announcing the launch of the Bloog MaxxFusion line I got intrigued to try it again and after my first draw I was off analogs for good. Dating back to Jan 10th 2011.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
I saw a disposable e-cig at the storeand bought it and it was AWFUL!
Then a few months later a friend of mine mentioned e-cigs and I asked her about them. She in turn told me all about them and how she had quit and what to buy :)
I bought 2 kits. One for me and one for hubby. We did have a few lapses but he no longer vapes or smokes.

Another friend of mine sent me some of her Bloogs :) I introduced my neighbor to vaping and just last week gave a bunch of gear and liquids to my son and his girlfriend. So hopefully they will make the switch!

olscratchy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
Graham, N.C.,United States
I tried the cigalikes about 3 years ago with no success, After 30+ years of a pack & a half, I decided to try to quit again, tried the gum, no dice. I know someone who smoked that was using a e cigg so I asked if it worked for him,he said he loved it & told me about a local B&M, so I went on E-bay bought a evod setup for 14 bucks,when I got it went to local shop for juice{The Vapor Girl, great juice, over 200},& I had a few issues, found this forum & have been vaping ever since

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
well i was unemployed and unable to really support my habit. so for my birthday, i asked for an mvp v2 and that was what it took to get me safely on the side of non-smoker. it took some tweaking of toppers and power levels and resistance, but in the end it was a really smooth transition. my gf was resistant to the idea.. fought me on it for while... but then her daughter said all she wanted for her bday was for her mom to quit smoking... we decided to stop by a local vape shop.. and she bought herself a evod starting kit. next person to work on was the kiddos nana... and its been hit or miss w/ her. basically we have to buy all the gear for her to use it... she wont spend a buck to keep herself going and that makes it frustrating..

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
Having lost both parents to smoking related illness, it still took several years for me to quit the cigarettes. Tried hypnosis, cold turkey, gum and patches. Even tried the drug store disposables. Some worked for awhile. The downfall for me was almost always visiting a bar for a cold one. I do not drink at home. Fast forward to a spur of the moment online purchase of a kit that included a Sigelei ZMax, a couple of batteries, charger and a Vivi Nova along with the purchase of some probably Chinese 25 mg e-liquid. It seemed to work. Now, with the help and learning process from ECF, I do not even have the urge to use cigarettes.

Now, I try to convert any one who asks me about my vaping.

flaviop

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Marlboro, NJ, USA
www.bloog.com
My mother ( a smoker of over 40 years ) wanted to give the e-cig thing a try after seeing how i was able to make the switch to vaping. I bought her the innokin i taste v/v starter kit. This was about six months ago. She has cut the amount of cigarettes she smokes in half! She is still struggling to give them up completely though, but i guess thats better than nothing! I try to keep pushing her and i also give her different flavors to try from time to time. She likes a good menthol vape. ( i cant stand menthol myself!) thanks for the contest!

That's awesome! The way we see it, her cutting analog cigs by half is a victory. Almost everybody goes through a transition period!

flaviop

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Marlboro, NJ, USA
www.bloog.com
Having lost both parents to smoking related illness, it still took several years for me to quit the cigarettes. Tried hypnosis, cold turkey, gum and patches. Even tried the drug store disposables. Some worked for awhile. The downfall for me was almost always visiting a bar for a cold one. I do not drink at home. Fast forward to a spur of the moment online purchase of a kit that included a Sigelei ZMax, a couple of batteries, charger and a Vivi Nova along with the purchase of some probably Chinese 25 mg e-liquid. It seemed to work. Now, with the help and learning process from ECF, I do not even have the urge to use cigarettes.

Now, I try to convert any one who asks me about my vaping.

Awesome Bruce!

flaviop

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Marlboro, NJ, USA
www.bloog.com
Are ex Bloog employees exempt as well?
I started vaping when a friend of mine was talking to me about it and I decided to give it a try. At first I loved the concept however the product I originally used was not strong enough and I went back to Analogs but then after seeing the Youtube video announcing the launch of the Bloog MaxxFusion line I got intrigued to try it again and after my first draw I was off analogs for good. Dating back to Jan 10th 2011.

Of course you are eligible redempti0N! How could we not include you!

Mrstrout07

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Columbus, OH, USA
I had quit smoking a few times but I always picked it bck up. I absolutely loved smoking. My husband smoked and he was never able to quit and he actually hated tht he smoked. About 2 yrs ago he decided to but the basic cig a like and some cartos for us. I immediately quit smoking since I loved the fruity flavor of the cartos and the fact that I could actually use them in the house around our kids! They didn't work for him and he started smoking eventually. I however have not had a cig at all since the day I got my stuff! About 6 months ago I got sick of the cartos and bought a tank and some ego batteries. My husband found some juice he actually liked and finally quit smoking! He eventually quit vaping too but I have not! I absolutely love being able to vape and it is now a huge hobby/ passion of mine!

sungbd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I have been a smoker for 17 years.
Tried to quit several times with several different ways, but failed.
Recently, one of my colleague told the advantages of switching to vaping.

So, I decided to try e-cig (but, not 100% sure about I can quit smoking.....)
And, got my first kit 9 days ago & I am happy with vaping so far.

Most amazing thing is... not even single smoking for last 9 days... WOW!!! :)
And the worst thing is... I may work extra time to support my new hobby (=vaping)... there are so many things I want to buy in e-cig world.
Hahaha~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread