A Big Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Solo

Moved On
Sep 25, 2009
Orbit
I know this is my first post, so it may strike some as suspicious but I can assure you I do not work for Vapor4Life. I'm a newb here at these forums but I've been lurking and reading for the last week.

I've been smoking analogs for 24 years. This past Sunday was the big quit. My wife suggested I try eCigs to help quit, and it was great advice.

I bought a unit that seemed popular and recieved good reviews. I won't mention the name of the supplier - they were very friendly and shipped promptly but I soon came to find out that the device didn't work very well and I don't want to bad mouth anyone here.

I've had a rough time with the quit in general. I haven't caved in and smoked an analog. It would have been easy as I'm surrounded by people who still smoke them at work. I got close, but my stubborness really came in handy this time :p

Yesterday was day 5 and I was really in a bad place. I came to realize that the eCig I had wasn't cutting it. I wasn't getting enough nicotine, vapor or throat hit to satisfy me. I did not want to give up, so I thought, let's get a different unit that works better. Lord knows there's a ton of products out there.

I was really scouring these forums yesterday and burning up the bandwidth visiting a multitude of vendors websites. To my amazement I couldn't find a vendor that offered any delivery options other than USPS. I wanted to pay for expedited shipping and get it next day. I really felt that if I didn't get something better by Friday I wasn't going to make it thru the weekend.

Thanks to this forum I stumbled across some threads that raved about the customer service at Vapor4Life. I placed an order and asked in the comments if they could please send it Next Day Air. I also relayed a more condensed version of my situation as described above. I thought the request might be a bit much to ask, but what the hell, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

So I trudged thru the rest of the work day and when I got home I had two voicemails from Steve at V4L. I couldn't believe what I was hearing as I listened to the messages. It turns out that Mark at V4L lives about a mile away from me. He offered to meet me after he got out of work to personally deliver my order. Wow, just WOW! That is crazy customer service. I mean, truly above and beyond. These guys really wanted to help me, they cared. That's the difference between an Indy with passion for their product and what they do and the cold heartless mindset of a corporation backed by venture capitalists primarily concerned with profit margins.

So my wife and I met Mark at a local pub. We had a couple of drinks as he showed me every detail about the Vapor King. Sheesh, not only hand delivered but personal lessons on how to use it, refill it and anything else I cared to ask. The owner of the bar and some of the other patrons were very interested in the Vapor King also. The smoking ban hits Wisconsin next July and bar owners in particular are very nervous about their business tanking because the smokers aren't coming in any more. I truly hope that Mark's kindness to me turns into some additional sales from the folks that were interested. That would be some well deserved karmic return.

The Vapor King is a wonderful device, it just plain works. Now that I have one I instantly realized that the previous unit I had was a cheap, gimmicky piece of crap. The Vapor King is a tool, I can pound nails and cut steel with this bad boy. My confidence is renewed, my cravings are satisfied. I know I'm going to make it now and never smoke an analog again. And for that I owe Steve and Mark one big THANK YOU!

Cheers,

Jon

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
What a great story! But I don't think that anyone here is in the least bit surprised! Steve and Mark provide just crazy good customer service! And the VaporKing has to be the best thing out there - without a doubt! Glad you found the help you need and were able to get it super quick too! Welcome to our little corner of the forum! ;)

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
Not suspicious at all. We have come to expect these kinds of posts in this sub-forum. The V4L folks are great and the VK is a great PV. I am so glad you found them and were able to get your hands on it before a rough weekend set it. I have tons of PVs and my VK is the only one I use these days. I love it and love the folks that supply it. Welcome to the V4L addicts - go ahead and start planning your next order...it only gets better!

Jon Solo

Moved On
Sep 25, 2009
Orbit
Heheh, thanks and yes, I'll be placing another order today :D

My wife quit also. Today she's sharing my kit with me. I wanted to make sure this one worked well before spending twice the cash to outfit us both. I'll be ordering her a kit for herself today.

I was a power smoker. Smoked all the time, everywhere. She's really a pretty casual smoker, only smoking at night while watching tv and such. So it's no biggie for us to share amongst the 3 batteries and the usb pass thru and all the other good stuff we got. Never-the-less, now that I know how well the VK works I have no hesitations to get her a set up all her own. That and I need to order more cartomizers and juice.

She was a newport smoker and I've always liked menthols. We're both very pleased with the menthol carts from V4L. Hope they have a lot in stock :p

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
Welcome Jon Solo! This is the one site out there that I belive we don'thave to worry about good comments coming from company plants!

Most of us have stumbled here in our attmept to find somethign that works us from lucky ones who it was first time ( raises hand) to many who have tried any and all products under the sun! All of us bring our own personal experiances and knowledge to the table and are so hyped because it IS such a wonderful product And the Customer service is stupendous, unsurpassed ! Not only that Steve and Mark go out of their way to make each and everyone here feel this way! It is impossible to not sing the praises! we all get goodies on our orders, mess up and make a wrong order, perhaps want our cartomizers mixed up and each and everytime they have not only pulled through but gone the extra 20 miles! ( lol most people only go one ) Anyhows welcome to the F4L Forum Family! hope to see more posts from you!
*points to JonSolo* Look He's Smilin!

Last edited:

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
She was a newport smoker and I've always liked menthols. We're both very pleased with the menthol carts from V4L. Hope they have a lot in stock :p

Rumor has it, within the next few weeks they will be adding nuport and Kool flavors to their ever expanding line of cartos! So you can have a bit of variety! But please, be sure to try some of the other flavors as well. Coffee, Capuccino, peach, vanilla, red cow... OMG, so many to choose from and some for every mood! *gets giddy just thinking about it!*

Jon Solo

Moved On
Sep 25, 2009
Orbit
Ohhhhh, that's awesome news, thanks JenJen. Like I said, we're very happy with the current Menthols but I'd love to try both the Newport and the Kool variants.

Yes, I did order some other flavors to check out. Heheh, i just couldn't help myself. Coffee, MBoro, RY4 were on my order and the guys threw in some others to try. It's gonna be a vape tasting extravaganza this weekend. Yaaaaay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread