Vote only if you have BOTH?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingOfKool

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Pennsylvania State
The main poll shows the 510 to be the choice most people prefer, It used to show the 901. I bought my 901 when the poll showed it as the one most people liked and then after the 510 took over the list I bought one of them. I personally prefer the 901. I'd like to know which you guys prefer as the poll can let people who have only one or the other vote. please only respond to this post if you have both models.

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
I started with a 901 in February of this year. I have since purchased an 801, DSE601 (Pipe), KR808, RN4062 and I had an extensive inventory of 510's. I hardly used the 901 once I got the 510. That was until I made a box mod and gave myself manual control of my 901. Since the box mod, I have sold off all of my 510 parts. I made the decision for a couple of reasons; at the time, 510 parts were hard to come by, more expensive, and leaky. If I were to make that decision today, it might be different, but that's hard to say. I still enjoy my 901 with my box mod, it's part of my daily rotation.

Last edited:

Kimm

Apr 7, 2009
I just got my 501 and will be putting my 901's away for a rainy day. I also use the 901 cartridge. The 501 mouthpiece is too big for me. It is so nice to push a button to get a nice draw. And with the whistle mouthpiece, my 501 is smaller than the 901 which I like.
I would like to see a whistle mouthpiece especially for the 501 as it would hold more eliquid.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I picked the 901. Every juice I've vaped in both has a more pronounced flavor in the 901, and the short battery life in the 510 is a huge issue for me. The 510 is my choice if I want a big kick hit, but for everyday enjoyment, I like the 901.

I picked up a 901 manual passthrough,,, and I think you guys are right,,, 901 manual batteries would help. I cover the atty hole while it's warming up to bump up the vapor in my 901 passthrough.

I'm a little disappointed in the 510,,, not enough to bash it,,, though. I miss the LED feedback with the 510 manual batts. It just uncermoniously dies without warning. I would like to get a PCC for the 510, but they are now out for the 901,,, decisions, decisions,,,,

Annastasia

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Portland, Oregon
www.annstorer.com
I started with a 901, and I still like it. I just like my 510 *more*. :D

The 510 so far is so much more consistent and reliable, and tons less hassle than the 901 with dripping and juice leaking. I would say the taste of juice in my 901 is a little truer overall, but it doesn't taste bad in my 510, just different. The convenience of the 510 + manual batteries + charging case is the deciding factor. So annoying to spend all night charging up my 901 batteries, then being screwed after work because the auto-batts died in my pocket during the day.

If/when the 901 gets a PCC and manual batteries, it'll give the 510 a run for its money, for sure.

BengalBacker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2009
Dayton Ohio
Last week I liked my 901 better than my 510. This week, I found myself favoring my 510 over my 901.

I'll bet I'd pick my 901 more often if I could get a manual battery and a cart without that stupid "whistle-tip".

Here you go. $1.62 for 10. Of course shipping would kill you if that's all you are ordering, but their prices are great on everything else. I've only ordered from them once, but it's where I got all of my stuff to start out and it's where I'll be ordering from again when needed. Everything I got (901 kit, spare bats and attys, empty and pre-filled carts, usb passthroughs and liquid) has worked great so far. Also, the 901 passthroughs are manual.

http://www.ruyandirect.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=154&productname=

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread