901 and M401 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    My 901, that I got from totally wicked is leaking. It leaks from the hole in the atty, for starters, and the cartridges are leaking down into the mouth piece. I even cleaned out the cart, dried it completely, blew out the atty, put 2 drops in the cart, reassembled and same thing- mouth full of juice. (Bit of an exaggeration it just got on my lips but its still annoying). Plus I'm afraid it'll hurt my battery.

Second, my M401 has one taste. I've tried 3 different juices (and got mouth fulls of juice to test flavor on the 901) and the M401 just has this one taste. Its like hot plastic. It shouldn't be primer as I've been using it for a while now, and it shouldn't be past flavor either I've been using the same since I started vaping it.

Advice please :confused:

framitz

Moved On
    May 24, 2009
    RSM, CA
    My 901, that I got from totally wicked is leaking. It leaks from the hole in the atty, for starters, and the cartridges are leaking down into the mouth piece. I even cleaned out the cart, dried it completely, blew out the atty, put 2 drops in the cart, reassembled and same thing- mouth full of juice. (Bit of an exaggeration it just got on my lips but its still annoying). Plus I'm afraid it'll hurt my battery.

Second, my M401 has one taste. I've tried 3 different juices (and got mouth fulls of juice to test flavor on the 901) and the M401 just has this one taste. Its like hot plastic. It shouldn't be primer as I've been using it for a while now, and it shouldn't be past flavor either I've been using the same since I started vaping it.

Advice please :confused:
    901s seem to be inconsistent, some have a higher bridge than others. I've seen 901 carts that are flaky where the bridge hits the flat edge on the mouthpiece. The 401 runs hotter than most and if it's too dry you'll get the hot taste.

It sounds like your 901 is too wet and when you insert the cart it is squeezing juice out and it's being pulled into the mouth piece.

Try a different cart/mouthpiece on the 901, be sure not to over fill it. Wipe any excess around the mouth piece after blowing it out, especially the flat portion.

Try dipping the bridge of the 401 in a small puddle (3 or 4 drops) of liquid, you should see it absorb the liquid, then try the vape.

These types of issues can be a pain, but I think you can get it sorted out.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    But if I had completely cleaned out the cart (I took the wool out, dried it, blew out the inside, dried it, and then wiped off the outside before I put any new juice in there, and that was only a couple drops.) Shouldn't that have fixed any of that problem?

When I get home I'll put one of the pre filled carts on that I got with the kit and see if it stops. I don't see whats happening differently now then when I first started using it. The only thing I've changed was I got new juice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread