810 to 510 Drip Tip Adapter question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashif

May 26, 2019
Sounds silly to many as why to use a 510 drip tip on a tank which is meant for DL but I have a Vaporesso Skrr S tank which I believe has a 810 drip tip (Please confirm if that's correct) and since I am used to smoking cigarettes so I wanna try a narrow drip tip. I can buy a new tank which is designed for MTL style but I love the 8 ml juice capacity of this tank so want to try it more.

Is there a 810 drip tip available with narrow bore? If not then what kind of adapter I need to attach a 510 drip tip to Skrr S tank and please suggest me some good 510 drip tips as well. I want the adapter and drip tip to be made from material safe for vaping. Please help.

Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I tried a few quick Google searches, and could only find info about the SKRR and SKRR-S mini. If you have either of these, they take a standard 810, so an 810 to 510 DT adapter would work fine.

The only adapters I've seen are metal, and came with my RDA, so I'm not entirely sure where to source one by itself, but I'm sure that would be easy enough to find. The bigger issue you'll have though, is restricting the airflow. As those are sub ohm tanks, they really aren't designed to allow heat to build up, which is how a true MTL draw is achieved. Blocking off the air at the DT only is a good way to ruin a coil, even at the 8-20 watts you'd be using, if that would even fire any coil you could buy for it.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
A lot of tanks and drippers have an 810 to 510 drip tip adapter included. If that tank doesn't come with one, ask around at some local vape shops. I know some employees are more than willing to give away those adapters that they collect up and have no use for.

I do DL vaping only and use 510 drip tips on most of my gear with no issues. If you use a 510 with a really tight bore you may have some issues, but there are plenty that have medium to wide bores that work perfectly fine with DL equipment.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    My search for adapters found that one adapter won't fit on another 810, seems they are made differently so you would have to see if there is an adapter for your specific tank. Best bet is to get RBA or RDA that includes an adapter.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    My search for adapters found that one adapter won't fit on another 810, seems they are made differently so you would have to see if there is an adapter for your specific tank. Best bet is to get RBA or RDA that includes an adapter.

There are 2 types of 810 drip tips. One without o-rings on the drip tip (goon/Kennedy style) and the type with o-rings on the drip tip (like smok tank versions). The tank in question has the o-rings on the tip, so an adapter with the o-rings on it should work fine.

Something like this would be what to look for.
    $2.29 Resin 810 to 510 Drip Tip Adapter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    There are 2 types of 810 drip tips. One without o-rings on the drip tip (goon/Kennedy style) and the type with o-rings on the drip tip (like smok tank versions). The tank in question has the o-rings on the tip, so an adapter with the o-rings on it should work fine.

I will research this, thanks.

The only ones I personally tried was to use an adapter that came with one tank on another tank. Didn't fit, adapter was a little too large and one was too small. I did not pay attention to the oring thing so maybe that will be my answer.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio

The only ones I personally tried was to use an adapter that came with one tank on another tank. Didn't fit, adapter was a little too large and one was too small. I did not pay attention to the oring thing so maybe that will be my answer.

The definitive way to tell if you need an adapter with or without an o ring is to look into the drip tip socket on your atomizer. If there is an o ring inside the hole that the drip tip sets in, you need an adapter without an oring, if there is not an o ring inside the hole on your atomizer, the adapter needs to have an o ring on it.

Reactions: rosesense

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Is there a 810 drip tip available with narrow bore? If not then what kind of adapter I need to attach a 510 drip tip to Skrr S tank and please suggest me some good 510 drip tips as well. I want the adapter and drip tip to be made from material safe for vaping. Please help.
    I can't speak to the SKRR S tank specifically, but I use a 810 to 510 adaptor for all of my tanks, because I prefer using the 510 Cherry Vape Cloud Chaser tips on all of my tanks. You could use this adaptor to use any 510 drip tip as far as I know, wide or narrow bore. The ones from My Vapor Store are delrin plastic.

s-l640.jpg

510 Drip Tip Adapter for TFV8 TFV12 and other 810 Tanks

full

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info

kashif

May 26, 2019
    I tried a few quick Google searches, and could only find info about the SKRR and SKRR-S mini. If you have either of these, they take a standard 810, so an 810 to 510 DT adapter would work fine.

The only adapters I've seen are metal, and came with my RDA, so I'm not entirely sure where to source one by itself, but I'm sure that would be easy enough to find. The bigger issue you'll have though, is restricting the airflow. As those are sub ohm tanks, they really aren't designed to allow heat to build up, which is how a true MTL draw is achieved. Blocking off the air at the DT only is a good way to ruin a coil, even at the 8-20 watts you'd be using, if that would even fire any coil you could buy for it.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

A lot of tanks and drippers have an 810 to 510 drip tip adapter included. If that tank doesn't come with one, ask around at some local vape shops. I know some employees are more than willing to give away those adapters that they collect up and have no use for.

I do DL vaping only and use 510 drip tips on most of my gear with no issues. If you use a 510 with a really tight bore you may have some issues, but there are plenty that have medium to wide bores that work perfectly fine with DL equipment.

The definitive way to tell if you need an adapter with or without an o ring is to look into the drip tip socket on your atomizer. If there is an o ring inside the hole that the drip tip sets in, you need an adapter without an oring, if there is not an o ring inside the hole on your atomizer, the adapter needs to have an o ring on it.

The only advice I can give on 810-510 adapters is for some attys you want metal not plastic. I’ve had one or two melt on me when the coil is very close to the adapter. They’re around though, they’re cheap, and they work.

Thanks a lot guys. So no harm is to use a 510 drip tip on DL tank? Please confirm and yes I will get the metal adapter. Also how can I tell if my drio tip requires o ring or without o ring adapters? I know you guys tell me how to see but I am not getting it. But I can tell that my drip tip is not screwed in.

kashif

May 26, 2019

I can't speak to the SKRR S tank specifically, but I use a 810 to 510 adaptor for all of my tanks, because I prefer using the 510 Cherry Vape Cloud Chaser tips on all of my tanks. You could use this adaptor to use any 510 drip tip as far as I know, wide or narrow bore. The ones from My Vapor Store are delrin plastic.

s-l640.jpg

510 Drip Tip Adapter for TFV8 TFV12 and other 810 Tanks

full

810 to 510 adapter $0.99 on ebay (the black pvc) 810 to 510 Drip Tip Adapter For Smok0 TFV8 TFV12 Big Baby Beast Aluminium/Resin
    810 to 510 adapter $0.71 on aliexpress Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com (expect to wait 3 months though)

Thanks a lot. Very very helpful links. Is it confirmed that skrr S requires the one with the O rings? Otherwise I can buy both kind of adapters to be on the safe side. I love this sort of drip tip as well which you posted. Its like smok infinix and I love it. Does this comes with an adapter?

$7.26 (Free Shipping) Authentic Skullvape Hybrid 810 Drip Tip (3 Pieces) (20.5mm, 3 Colors, 3 Pieces) at m.FastTech.com

If anyone of you have time. Can you please send me links of the best adapters they have and the best drip tips? I would like to have one round and one like the above link. I know I can search myself but it would be so nice of you to do a search on my behalf because I am not very knowledgeable about the quality of material or other technical things. Would prefer in black and solid build. Please help. Thanks.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Thanks a lot guys. So no harm is to use a 510 drip tip on DL tank? Please confirm and yes I will get the metal adapter. Also how can I tell if my drio tip requires o ring or without o ring adapters? I know you guys tell me how to see but I am not getting it. But I can tell that my drip tip is not screwed in.

It's fine to use 510 drip tips for DL.

Pull off your original drip tip. If that drip tip has an o ring then the adapter should have an o ring. From the manufactures diagram, it looks like you need one with an o ring on it.

Metal or delrin (plastic) would be fine for your tank. Short RDAs tend to be the ones that require metal since the coil is so much closer to the drip tip.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    As to the o-ring thing it seems to vary a bit. Some adapters have o-rings in the 510, some don’t. You want at least some o-ring somewhere simply to make sure the thing stays in. If you have o-rings on both the inside of the adapter and the outside of the 510 things can get very firm. Perhaps this is good for you? It’s a preference thing I guess. The 510 drip tip I most regularly use is a big 5” churchwarden stem that people around here seem to make a lot of fun of. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it, though I do admit it is a bit ridiculous looking. I only vape it at home, and cats don’t laugh that I know of. It’s got one fairly big fat o-ring on it, but I put it in a big block 454 which is native 510 and has no o-rings. It’s a little loose for my taste. It’s a huge drip tip though so there’s that Very much a YMMV thing.

Toots

ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2009
    USA
    Thanks a lot. Very very helpful links. Is it confirmed that skrr S requires the one with the O rings? Otherwise I can buy both kind of adapters to be on the safe side. I love this sort of drip tip as well which you posted. Its like smok infinix and I love it. Does this comes with an adapter?

$7.26 (Free Shipping) Authentic Skullvape Hybrid 810 Drip Tip (3 Pieces) (20.5mm, 3 Colors, 3 Pieces) at m.FastTech.com

If anyone of you have time. Can you please send me links of the best adapters they have and the best drip tips? I would like to have one round and one like the above link. I know I can search myself but it would be so nice of you to do a search on my behalf because I am not very knowledgeable about the quality of material or other technical things. Would prefer in black and solid build. Please help. Thanks.

The Metal portion of the Skullvape Hybrid drip tip ($7.26 Authentic Skullvape Hybrid 810 Drip Tip (3 Pieces) 3-pack - 20.5mm / ships one of each color at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping) is an adapter. The two pieces of the drip tip can be separated and the metal adapter portion can be used with other 510 drip tips. It is a nicely made drip tip. The other bargain one piece drip tips ($2.50 POM Wide Bore Drip Tip (2-Pack) 2-pack - for mad dog/Apocalypse GEN 2 atomizer / random colors at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping) are not as finely made, but I find them very comfortable and use these on many mods.

kashif

May 26, 2019
    It's fine to use 510 drip tips for DL.

Pull off your original drip tip. If that drip tip has an o ring then the adapter should have an o ring. From the manufactures diagram, it looks like you need one with an o ring on it.

Metal or delrin (plastic) would be fine for your tank. Short RDAs tend to be the ones that require metal since the coil is so much closer to the drip tip.

As to the o-ring thing it seems to vary a bit. Some adapters have o-rings in the 510, some don’t. You want at least some o-ring somewhere simply to make sure the thing stays in. If you have o-rings on both the inside of the adapter and the outside of the 510 things can get very firm. Perhaps this is good for you? It’s a preference thing I guess. The 510 drip tip I most regularly use is a big 5” churchwarden stem that people around here seem to make a lot of fun of. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it, though I do admit it is a bit ridiculous looking. I only vape it at home, and cats don’t laugh that I know of. It’s got one fairly big fat o-ring on it, but I put it in a big block 454 which is native 510 and has no o-rings. It’s a little loose for my taste. It’s a huge drip tip though so there’s that Very much a YMMV thing.

The Metal portion of the Skullvape Hybrid drip tip ($7.26 Authentic Skullvape Hybrid 810 Drip Tip (3 Pieces) 3-pack - 20.5mm / ships one of each color at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping) is an adapter. The two pieces of the drip tip can be separated and the metal adapter portion can be used with other 510 drip tips. It is a nicely made drip tip. The other bargain one piece drip tips ($2.50 POM Wide Bore Drip Tip (2-Pack) 2-pack - for mad dog/Apocalypse GEN 2 atomizer / random colors at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping) are not as finely made, but I find them very comfortable and use these on many mods.

Thanks lot again. I attached a couple of pictures of the drip tip and atomizer top. This can give you the idea of what I have . Also the below 810 drip tip needs no adapter as it is said to be an 810?

$7.26 Authentic Skullvape Hybrid 810 Drip Tip (3 Pieces) 3-pack - 20.5mm / ships one of each color at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Attachments

• 20190615_114118~01.jpg
      20190615_114118~01.jpg
      689.4 KB · Views: 25
    • 20190615_114618.jpg
      20190615_114618.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 26
    • 20190615_114007~01.jpg
      20190615_114007~01.jpg
      662.1 KB · Views: 27
    Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    as for the with or without o-rings, it doesn't exactly matter
    but if the adapter has orings and the inside of your atty has orings, well getting the adapter back out is extremely difficult so make sure that you really like the adapter and want to use it ;)
    mine have orings and so I have to take the top cap off of my rda and push it out from the inside

as far as drip tip, that's really just personal choice :) but with the adapter you can use any 510 you like
    these adapters are aluminum for $0.69 Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
    $1.25 810 to 510 Drip Tip Adapter Heat Sink for Kennedy 24 TFV8/TFV8 Big Baby/TFV12 | eBay

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The only advice I can give on 810-510 adapters is for some attys you want metal not plastic. I’ve had one or two melt on me when the coil is very close to the adapter. They’re around though, they’re cheap, and they work.
    I prefer delrin (plastic) over metal. The metal ones conduct heat to the drip tip, and if your drip tip is metal it gets hot too. Never had a delrin adaptor or drip tip melt. How many watts were you vaping? :shock:

This is why both the adaptor and drip tip I choose is made out of delrin. I don't want Hot Lips.

5880fa841200002d00ad88a4.jpeg

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I prefer delrin (plastic) over metal. The metal ones conduct heat to the drip tip, and if your drip tip is metal it get's hot too. Never had a delrin adaptor or drip tip melt. How many watts were you vaping? :shock:

This is why both the adaptor and drip tip I choose is made out of delrin. I don't want Hot Lips.

5880fa841200002d00ad88a4.jpeg
    I vape fairly low wattage. It was in an RDA though. The drip tip bottom also melted

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread