808 Clearomizers - not tanks - for zippo mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
ben happily vaping for the last month on my halo triton - which uses "outdated" 808 - ?Vgo? threads.
have no problems really, but im thinking of purchasing a zippo mod - 808 threaded also

i see an abundance of CARTomizers for 808 but not alot of CLEARomizers.

i personaly hate carts because i cant tell how much juice is in it, plus the taste is crap.

im looking to find a nice 808 thread clearomizer that will fit into the zippo mod - allowing me to shut the lid properly

im finding alot of LONG clearos but need help to find short ones. - i dont mind if they hold less then 1ml. i just need to see the liquid - and have it perform the way its supost to.

please and thanks to any one who can help me on this search. ive ben looking for the last 48 hours relentlessly

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
For a while they were making a great ce2 clearo. They were cleanable, well constructed, durable et al. It was called the ultimate ce2 clearomizer and was made in 510 and the 808. These were also marketed by Got Vapes with their cutesy marketing ploy nickname "the fluxomizer". I learned recently from MVS that the manufacturer discontinued these. It's probably due to the rise of the ce4/ce5 which looks better but performs much worse in my opinion.

Anyhow, for all 808 stuff I'd check 1. Smokeless Image or 2. Vapor for Life.

You could also always just get an 808 to 510 adapter.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have yet to find anything other than a standard cartomizer that will fit in the zippo mod.
That's a good observation. Come to think of it, I've tried putting a Nano clearomizer and ce2 in my Vmod bottom feeder and my Smoktech Gripper mods, both of whose delivery device connector is inside the mod itself. They were both too large of a diameter.

You may be stuck using the standard cartomizer. :(

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
I had to look up Zippo mod, to see what this is really about:
Zippo-mod.jpg
Does that look about right?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I had to look up Zippo mod, to see what this is really about:
View attachment 246110
Does that look about right?

That's sorta looks like it. But not quite. It's an insert you can pop into any Zippo lighter case and I recall the insert is black plastic. I looked at it a long time ago - for the life of me I can't remember who had them. The photos made it look like it was an 808 carto only device since the connector is recessed with no "extra" free space to get anything but an 808 diameter carto in there. For that matter, nothing longer either or the Zippo won't close.

This place has it (photos), but some places were selling it as the insert only. ZIP EZ

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Smokeless image also sells one of these zippo battery's, I have been thinking about picking one up since I found my old zippo. Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette Maybe you could send them a email asking if their ce3's will fit in one. Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette Ce3's vape great and I would probably still be using them if it wasn't for the syringe filling.

thats pretty much what i was looking at.

it looks like im going to have to use a 510 adapter and shorties, with being carefull.

SmokTech "shorty" cartomizers for 510/eGo

every clearomizer - fluxomizer what ever - that i have seen, is either too wide, or too long. im hoping the first posted clearomizers fit, otherwise im gunna have to be carefull with this adapter to not get it stuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread