801 vs 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
So, for what it's worth, I just got some new atomizers for the 510 from dietSMOKES.com (the red "scorpion" ones) and they're amazing. I'm not sure why there would be any difference between these and the ones I've had before, but the draw through them is fantastic. Way better than any previous atomizers I've had for the 510. It practically draws as smoothly and easily as my 801 now. Huge change. Highly recommended.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I love my 510. Lately I've been using the 510 for the road and the ladypipe at home. If you haven't vaped Grape niquid out of a ladypipe you have yet to officially vape. BEST EVA.

I second that....If you haven't tried the minipipe....you haven't really experienced a great tasting ecig. In my previous post I mentioned that I love how the 510 tastes but for me it is not in the same league as the minipipe. The only problem is that I went through ten attys in a month.

youngll11

ECF Veteran
im really surprised at these posts. I can't taste the camel thru my 510 at all, just plastic. When I use menthol I can taste it a bit more, but I'm still getting a very plastic taste to it. I have to top off after 10-20 drags which bothers me a lot. And sometimes, after just one or two drags on a topped off cart AND primed atty, ill taste the plastic and notice that my filler fibers are attached to the atty or that the cart is melting. As I've said in about 8 different threads, I am quite dissatisfied with my 510 as of now. Im hoping the 801 and/or 601 will be much less work...

D05GTO

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
SC
Keep seeing your post young and have a few questions... Maybe you got a bad device. Did you get a Titan/DuraC/Yeti or a generic 510? Did you try the straw mod? Looser packed filler material? Try different E-juice from a different supplier? If the cart material is sticking to the atty then it's too dry. Maybe bad carts. When you put the cart on, are you lining it up correctly?

D

im really surprised at these posts. I can't taste the camel thru my 510 at all, just plastic. When I use menthol I can taste it a bit more, but I'm still getting a very plastic taste to it. I have to top off after 10-20 drags which bothers me a lot. And sometimes, after just one or two drags on a topped off cart AND primed atty, ill taste the plastic and notice that my filler fibers are attached to the atty or that the cart is melting. As I've said in about 8 different threads, I am quite dissatisfied with my 510 as of now. Im hoping the 801 and/or 601 will be much less work...

youngll11

ECF Veteran
Keep seeing your post young and have a few questions... Maybe you got a bad device. Did you get a Titan/DuraC/Yeti or a generic 510? Did you try the straw mod? Looser packed filler material? Try different E-juice from a different supplier? If the cart material is sticking to the atty then it's too dry. Maybe bad carts. When you put the cart on, are you lining it up correctly?

D

haha ya Im sorry I have kinda been obsessing about this whole technology ever since I saw my friends last week and I'm kinda bummed that mine isn't performing up to what I expected. On top of that, my shift this week is from 3am-TBD and I have to stay awake, so might as well peruse this forum.
I am using a JOYE510 from e-smokeytreats. I dunno if that makes it generic or not... I have tried the straw mod with no different results. I have tried swan filters (for RYO analogs) with much worse results. I have only tried e-smokeytreats liquid. The filler material sticks to the cart within 5 drags after topping off. I know this means its too dry, but after only 2-5 drags??? and if I fill it up more, it leaks (as it is right now). I am also dripping 1-2 drops on a dry atty before use, just like all the posts say to. When I line it up, I make the rectangle of the cart parallel to the bridge. I just washed my atty, and the vapor output and th are noticeably less than before (when my atty tasted like plastic). I give plenty of cool off time between groups of 5 drags or so. I have been vaping all day since I got it, so the primer fluid should be gone. I am using menthol liquid.

That's all the info I think can be helpful. Thanks for taking an interest in a whiny newb :)

I have a Joye 510 and I love it, lots of vapor til the battery is dead, good flavor and the battery does last, however I'm not vaping heavily. The PCC is the best thing ever is like having your own cigarrette box, once one battery is dead, you can use the other one.

I'll probably try the 810 later but for now I'm happy with my 510.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Love my 510 above all others. I too had a very plastic taste for the first 20 mins or so of using it, that no juice could mask. Finally I decided to blow through a battery and puff the crap out of it without inhaling. I finally got the plastic taste to go away. My only problem with the 510 is it only seems to use half the juice in the cart before the throat hit is gone. Full cart is soooo tasty and a good "burn" in my throat, but seems to fade fast. I end up topping off the cart several times a day, but I do wish it could use all the liquid with a similar hit of a full cart, for the times when Im not able to carry juice with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread