801 Adjustable Draw Adapter Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
As of late, more and more manufacturers are coming out with "their" version of the 801 atomizer. Each version varies in it's thread depth, collar length and center post height. Though these various 801 atomizers may fit on most all other 801 mods and ecigs, the Super T's adjustable draw 801 adapter is unique in that it not only has to make electrical contact, it at the same time also has to seal against an Oring thus allowing the air to flow through the center post of the adapter. Due to this, many variations of the 801 atomizer's will not work properly on the adjustable draw adapter.

The Super T's 801 adjustable draw adapter is designed around the DSE 801 atomizer which will ensure full thread engagement and proper seal. I can also modify the adapter to run BE112 atomizers by machining down the center post, thus ensuring proper thread engagment and seal if you'd prefer that atomizer.

There may be a few other models of 801 atomizers that fit with full thread engagment and proper seal too, so if you have one, feel free to share which one it is you have. Some 801's do work with a thicker oring, but i do not recommend using them as then you are only getting about one thread egagement, which will increase your chances of stripping the threads.

Lastly, does anyone care to speculate what is or what may become the most popular 801 style atomizer? I have been considering re-designing as the times they are a changing.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

New_World

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
As of late, more and more manufacturers are coming out with "their" version of the 801 atomizer. Each version varies in it's thread depth, collar length and center post height. Though these various 801 atomizers may fit on most all other 801 mods and ecigs, the Super T's adjustable draw 801 adapter is unique in that it not only has to make electrical contact, it at the same time also has to seal against an Oring thus allowing the air to flow through the center post of the adapter. Due to this, many variations of the 801 atomizer's will not work properly on the adjustable draw adapter.

The Super T's 801 adjustable draw adapter is designed around the DSE 801 atomizer which will ensure full thread engagement and proper seal. I can also modify the adapter to run BE112 atomizers by machining down the center post, thus ensuring proper thread engagment and seal if you'd prefer that atomizer.

There may be a few other models of 801 atomizers that fit with full thread engagment and proper seal too, so if you have one, feel free to share which one it is you have. Some 801's do work with a thicker oring, but i do not recommend using them as then you are only getting about one thread egagement, which will increase your chances of stripping the threads.

Lastly, does anyone care to speculate what is or what may become the most popular 801 style atomizer? I have been considering re-designing as the times they are a changing.

Hope that helps!

most popular (to my knowledge) or what I've read that people like the most is the BE112. It fits 801.
thats just what I've read.
I've only heard good things about them and compaired to 801's they exceed.

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ

Hope that helps!

You know I read this last night and started to think I was not using the adapter the right way. I found the larger O ring and it works great now! I have been using the Joye 302 Low Bridge Atomizers. Thanks for the information....

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Totally Wicked's version of the 801 will not fit. They will not screw down to make a connection. Nhaler high voltage attys will not work as well.

I've really never had good luck with the TW attys. Even their 510's taste like metal to me now. I've shorted more untis with their 901's than any other atty on the market...

I just stay away unless I'm after some of the Ice

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY

Gun to the head, I choose the Joye 302 aka Janty KB.

But, I don't have connector-ization problems with the BE112s or the TWs (which are standard RN4072s, btw) with the S6 adapter. They work fine here. *shrug*

I have given up on the Smoore 201 completely. It doesn't work well with any of my mods including the S6. It's a great atty, the best pen style IMHO, but alas, it is the Schwinn of the e-cigarette world. A great device that is interchangeable with no others, thus useless w/o its own flow-through 180 mah battery. Ewwww. <g>

Ironically Mr Super T, the only 801 atty that I have eliminated as an atty of choice is the DSE 801...

mrtuna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
I ordered Heavens Gifts 801 attys. Hope they do the job. I ordered the 801 adjustable draw because it seemed like a cool feature. I should have tried a 801 first. They are weak on my SB. Maybe due to the adaptor . The 510 has way better hit. Maybe it's different with the S6. I may buy a 510 cap for the S6 to have more options.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I ordered Heavens Gifts 801 attys. Hope they do the job. I ordered the 801 adjustable draw because it seemed like a cool feature. I should have tried a 801 first. They are weak on my SB. Maybe due to the adaptor . The 510 has way better hit. Maybe it's different with the S6. I may buy a 510 cap for the S6 to have more options.

My mom uses the heavens gifts 801's too. They fit good. I'm not sure they are as robust as some at 6v, but at 3.7 they last a long time.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have these and mine seem to have a restricted draw already so I am curious what advantage an adjustment can have other than to further restrict it.

You would be correct, if your draw is already being restricted, it could only tighten it up further. What sort of juice are you using? Some juices clog up atomizers more quickly then others.

Woodawg

Jan 23, 2010
MN
You would be correct, if your draw is already being restricted, it could only tighten it up further. What sort of juice are you using? Some juices clog up atomizers more quickly then others.

I have DSE 801's from Heavensgifts and am using Tasty Vapors Tobbaco and Cafe Machiato flavors at 48mg pg cut 50/50 with doublers (50%pg 50%vg)

One of my atty's has a significantly harder draw than the other and I've tried cleaning it in alcohol to no improvement.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm hearing about more and more different brands of 801's not fitting. I'm actually going to be discontinuing the 801 adjustable draw adapter ( i only have like 3 of them left). It may eventually be replaced by the 3 in 1 and no adjustable draw. So for those who have them, cherish them, as they will be hard to come by!

Last edited:

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Totally Wicked's version of the 801 will not fit. They will not screw down to make a connection. Nhaler high voltage attys will not work as well.

When I read this I went and got out a TW 801 atty to try with my S6 - it worked! So I tried a couple more - they worked. Perhaps my S6 801 adapter is just a tad "taller" than yours?

mrtuna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
When I read this I went and got out a TW 801 atty to try with my S6 - it worked! So I tried a couple more - they worked. Perhaps my S6 801 adapter is just a tad "taller" than yours?

Could be. The post on mine may be lower. It is just slightly below the threads. I am going to order a 510 cap. I have been vaping with 801 attys on my SB and they leak like crazy.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I should mention too, some of the 801 atomizers need to be tightened down rather firmly against that oring to compress enough. Firmly enough where you need to grab the atomizer by the base and turn it, not up high by the mouthpiece or you may twist your atomizer element free from the atomizer body. The center post is set up to be a few thousandths below flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread