$800 more spent & need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

di4medollaz

Aug 22, 2014
canada
So after much help from you guys i switched from spending a fortune on ego"s and replacing $15 tanks every 4 days and dying batterys every few months too top of the line box mods and kayfun goodness and top shelf ejuice but as im semi new im having some big problems still.

This is what i have purchased this month
1x kayfun lite+ authentic "wich was FLOORED when i took my very first puff off a kayfun , taste was intense compared too clearos"
2x kayfun clone ehpro "just as good"
1x magma dripper
1x kraken clone by hcigar
6x nautilis mini & full size and 2 5 packs of coils

APV'S
1x authentic hana modz v3
1x ipv2 50 watt box mod
1x panzer blackhawk clone by ehpro
ALL powered by sony vtc5"s with 1 spare

And all the accesories like 28g kanthal , ekowool , japanese cotton , silica , ss mesh , pre made FT wicks and wires , ohm meter , coil jig ect ect
Also spent a FORTUNE on top shelf ejuice. 35 bottles so far and 75% of them i didnt like.
I went with best sellers like space jam , 5 pwns , seduce juice , bombies , fuzion , beantown , quacks , cosmic fog, suicide bunny ect ect
I ordered 3 flavors basicly of each top brand and best selling flavors and found a few winners and the rest will go too juice graveyard lol

Anyways the point of the post is im having a few problems that i cant solve and have questions.
1. The hana modz and ipv2 are AMAZING , especially the hana. But the panzer is terrible for some reason and am thinking im doing something wrong maybe?
I put a fresh VTC5 in , i screw it on flush , i screw the 510 pin down so the battery is firmly in the tube with no shaking and even still none of my attys work well!

I try my magma with a single coil and have tried pre made 1.2 ohm , 0.8 ohm and 0.6 as well as my own made coils and 2 of my 1.2 kayfuns and its terrible compared to the hana and ipv2 wich i switch from panzer too them , i get way less hit and its just so weak in comparison.
Do i maybe have a bad device? or is it cause its a clone? If so i will get a top of the line mech mod cause i really need one

2. With the magma do i fill the big well with ejuice too half or quarter or do i just soak the cotton take a few hits then resoak?

3. for the life of me i cant set up the genny style kraken something always goes wrong. Either the silica breaks apart while getting it in the hole and it frays or it frays when i do the kanthal loop around it and pull through the hole or mostly nothing wicks well ,including cotton
I follow videos and i still get dry hit after dry hit wether it be cotton or silica or fast tech pre made wires even , also my ekowool is 3mm and i cant get it into the hole its just too big. I just cant get it too work
I dont really mind though cause the 3 kayfuns are very remarkable devices and easy too build so i will just put it away.

So any help with those 2 questions would be great , also any reccomendations on my 3d and final device? should i stick with a third vv/ww box mod or provari 3 or try another mech mod but get a top of the line one? i would rotate magma dripper and 1 ohm kayfun on it and will spend up too $275

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Wow! When we said you gotta try them all, we didn't mean all at once! :lol:

Each has it's own learning curve, and you need to put the time in to learn how to get the best performance from it. So pick one of those nice devices you have, and figure out how to get exactly what you want from it.

Then use that device for your vaping foundation that you can use to keep frustrations at bay while you figure out another.

I don't have a panzer, so I'll leave that up to those that do. I will say that mechanicals can be very different in the way you set them up.
    For example, with my Caravela you screw the 510 contact screw down to adjust for battery length, but with my Nemesis you screw the 510 contact screw up for atomizer fit, and then screw the switch in to adjust for battery length.

Is your Panzer black anodized by chance? If the threads are anodized, that = poor contact.

Last edited:

Scy123

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 10, 2014
    Canada
    3. for the life of me i cant set up the genny style kraken something always goes wrong. Either the silica breaks apart while getting it in the hole and it frays or it frays when i do the kanthal loop around it and pull through the hole or mostly nothing wicks well ,including cotton
    I follow videos and i still get dry hit after dry hit wether it be cotton or silica or fast tech pre made wires even , also my ekowool is 3mm and i cant get it into the hole its just too big. I just cant get it too work
    I dont really mind though cause the 3 kayfuns are very remarkable devices and easy too build so i will just put it away.

Try taping the ends of the silica and ekowool before working with it, then you can cut it clean once your done. I tried once threading 3mm ekowool through an hciar kraken and I never got it to work either. If you want ultimate kraken setup I would recommend Ekowool wrapped stainless steel wire rope it has worked the best for me. Wicks like a beast and bulletproof.

This is with 3mm hollow ekowool and 1.5mm stainless steel wire rope. The fasttech clone will accept 2mm wire rope but the hcigar can only fit 1.5mm
    bZUsPW.jpg

Last edited:

di4medollaz

Aug 22, 2014
    canada

Each has it's own learning curve, and you need to put the time in to learn how to get the best performance from it. So pick one of those nice devices you have, and figure out how to get exactly what you want from it.

Then use that device for your vaping foundation that you can use to keep frustrations at bay while you figure out another.

I don't have a panzer, so I'll leave that up to those that do. I will say that mechanicals can be very different in the way you set them up.
    For example, with my Caravela you screw the 510 contact screw down to adjust for battery length, but with my Nemesis you screw the 510 contact screw up for atomizer fit, and then screw the switch in to adjust for battery length.

Is your Panzer black anodized by chance? If the threads are anodized, that = poor contact.

yes its black , its the blackhawk panzer from ecigity as is the kraken. The thing is performing terrible , i even tried nautilis tanks on it just to see what would happen and its terrible also.im very frustrated. I am leaning towards a 3d box mod or provari 3 but i dont want this bad exp too ruin or taint my opinion of what i think of mech mods
    I hear silver contact ones are the best then copper , i wanna make sure i buy a proven best of the best if i try another mech mod

I have 3mm ekowool not hollow and 1 and 2mm silica. Also FT pre made wires and wicks in 3 different ohms. Kayfuns seem to be better then gennys anyway and i have 3 of them so i will stick with kayfun i guess and maybe get a authentic russian too try

What about my magma question? and whats a $250 mech mod that will work very well? stingray one looks nice

Huh?!

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2012
    Houston
    It's been my experience with mechs (that's all I use and have a rather robust collection) that some are picky with flat top v button top batteries. Could also be conductivity as mentioned earlier in this thread.

For an amazing mech under $250, try a GP Paps v3. The stainless steel is prolly around $150 and lux (aluminized bronze) is about $185. I have both and absolutely love them. Domo vapor is their US authorized dealer. You can also order directly from them at vapourart.com. The GPin top cap is awesome so not a lot of adjustment you need to do to eliminate battery rattle.

MCR 101s are amazing as well, and my personal favorite because....well there are too many reasons to list lol, but they are weighted amazing and have one of the best feels in my hand of any mod I've held. They are a bit more difficult to come by bc of their manufacturing/ordering process. They are also a bit above $250 but worth it if you get into mechanical mods.

Both the above manufacturers work amazing with my kayfuns and Russian 91s built at 0.9-1.05 ohms. The mcr 101 with hybrid adapter and my kayfun lite plus v2 basically look like they were meant for each other lolol!

Last edited:

sketchness

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    My nautilus mini doesn't work very well on my mech either. I have a smok tech magneto 2. I have a couple of drippers that work great on the mech but for me I have to get the resistance under .3 to really be enjoyable. I am using it with Sony vtc4's.

Can't wait until Monday when my sigelei 100 watt and fogger arrive.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN

+1 on this!

If you do not do this, you will continue to spin your wheels and have nothing to show for it but an empty wallet!

yzer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Thomas Tusser (1524 – 3 May 1580) was an English poet and farmer, best known for his instructional poem Five Hundred Points of Good Husbandry, an expanded version of his original title, A Hundreth Good Pointes of Husbandrie, first published in 1557. Five Hundred Points… contains the rhyming couplet:

A foole and his monie be soone at debate,
    which after with sorrow repents him too late.[1]

This is an early version of the proverb A fool and his money are soon parted.[2]

Thomas Tusser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ukeman

PV Masher
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    I don't want to start any arguments, but I'll say if you are going to use sub ohms coils (which I recommend, and not necessarily below .5 Ohms) its a good idea to keep learning about mechanical tubes, AND consider keeping your powder dry while the newer regulated "high watt" box mod wars get into full gear.
    Why?
    If you like your Hana, with the DNA30, imo the draw back is one single 18650 batt which will drain fast with anything under 1.1 ohms.
    There are so many different chips for these regulated boxes coming out today its kind of too early (unless you know your stuff).
    Its a "new wave" where getting that consistent power to your coil every time, AND whatever range of power you desire.

Imo if you vape a lot in the mid sub ohms range, a dual w18650 is a bonus.
    If size and clunkiness is a deal breaker, there will be better designs eventually; there is the "flask" model (i think its a DNA30 ) which is slimmer with 2 18650s.
    The Dovpo eMech 30w even with its comic book Transformers look, has a slimmer profile and I love it.

Some will always love the mech tube, but imo these have over saturated the market and while a good standard, are pretty much yesterdays news. (ouch!)

Oh, and as far as I know unless the Provari3 has really changed, they are not for sub ohms vaping per se.
    (I'm biased there; while I was in on Provari's for their first year or two, I have been sub ohm'ing for the last few years)
    Your Kayfun RTA's won't need or benefit from deep sub ohms, but I run my RTA's at .8 to 1 ohms.

Blaron40

Verified Member
    Apr 18, 2014
    Orlando
    Ok so let me start with how awesome it is that you dove it head first... kind of fun kind of frustrating.

There is going to be a long frustrating road with e-juice. To be perfectly honest I found about 6-8 I like and I stick with them. If you want to know my preferences let me know. I'm a little particular.

As for genesis style atty's... the type with the SS mesh... that's for a particular group. I am not hating on genesis style they are just not for me. It is a lot of work and I don't see the value. IMO Kayfun/ Russian 91, Fogger v 4, Pontus RDTA are they way to go.

As far as much mods... I really can't touch this. I haven't really gotten into them. I understand their purpose but you need to build accordingly to a wide open unregulated device such as a mechanical mod. I know that much mods are very basic however I consider them an advanced device. I would use your vv/vw device until you perfect your build preferences and taste preferences.

My experience with lack of performance on devices is usually build/ resistance conflicts with you device. Typically (I SAID TYPICALLY) if you are making a contact you are making a contact. There could however be a substantial voltage drop in your device if it was built poorly.

RDA's are a unique device. I love them due to being able to change my juice whenever I want however, it took a while to get used to lung inhale and the, lets says, volatility of an RDA. I have a stillare that I'm still not totally on board with. PEOPLE love the stillare but for me its not exactly my favorite.

Finally, you are inundated in the community of advanced vaper's now. Welcome to the team. Stop looking at gear for a short while and learn your stuff really, really well. Watch you tube videos on genesis style atty's and become a pro at it. I will tell you I personally stopped with the genesis style stuff.

All of this is IMO to be fair and is subjective to what you want to do. This is my hobby and I enjoy doing it.

yes its black , its the blackhawk panzer from ecigity as is the kraken. The thing is performing terrible , i even tried nautilis tanks on it just to see what would happen and its terrible also.im very frustrated. I am leaning towards a 3d box mod or provari 3 but i dont want this bad exp too ruin or taint my opinion of what i think of mech mods
    I hear silver contact ones are the best then copper , i wanna make sure i buy a proven best of the best if i try another mech mod

I have 3mm ekowool not hollow and 1 and 2mm silica. Also FT pre made wires and wicks in 3 different ohms. Kayfuns seem to be better then gennys anyway and i have 3 of them so i will stick with kayfun i guess and maybe get a authentic russian too try

What about my magma question? and whats a $250 mech mod that will work very well? stingray one looks nice
    Never fear my friend I have 2 blackhawks and I believe I can tell you how to fix it. Take the connection cap off the the top of the panz, remove the small adjust screw. Now push the copper nipple back into the cap as far as you can. I place it on my table and push for a flat seat. Mechs are really good but you gotta be patient while learning

tcskUHu.gif

Never fear my friend I have 2 blackhawks and I believe I can tell you how to fix it. Take the connection cap off the the top of the panz, remove the small adjust screw. Now push the copper nipple back into the cap as far as you can. I place it on my table and push for a flat seat. Mechs are really good but you gotta be patient while learning

tcskUHu.gif

I agree, I have a panzer clone that I had to do that with to begin with. After loosening the pin now I don't have to manually push the pin anymore, it does it on it's own. Just had to get it loosened up.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

Black anodized is a know problem with some mods (Panver being one of them). The threads must be wire brushed/sanded to get that stuff off or there will be massive amounts of voltage loss under load.

i vaped before two years ago and i am starting back. i had about 20 old juices, had some materials for Dyi and i got about 5 or 10 new juices. I found most store bought juices i am not crazy about. About half i like, half i dont. Most are not too bad flavor wise, just either they are the wrong nic strengh or wrong Vg/Pg ratio. Maybe 10 or 20% i just dont like the flavor but i am not that picky. i like higher VG and most arent marked. As background i vape 75% with clearos and 25% dripping RBA so i need a full range of nic ... 18 to 24 in clearo tanks ... 0 to 12 when dripping.

Now i mainly vape e-liquid i made. If i find a store made flavor i like, then i try mixing half or a third with whatever flavor i think it is. Mixing the correct amount of nic, PG, VG is easy for me but the learning curve is steep for adding flavorings. The Nic, Pg and Vg are very cheap. The flavors are the main expense and they are cheap too when u compare with buying it. if buying in very small quainties, say 8 mils, the cost is less than a dollar a bottle.

Guess i am saying i am learning too..... for me i think DYI e-liq is the answer, but its a lot of work learning so its not for everyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread